Musk plans for mars

Old October 9th 16, 11:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default Musk plans for mars

Le 01/10/2016 Ã* 23:33, JF Mezei a écrit :
How realistic is it to build a ship with 100 or as Musk really wants 200
people enclosed for ~3-4 months, and expect these people to be
functional after being lethargic in 0-g all that time ?

And after being bombarded with cosmic rays all around. Radiation hazard,
bone loss, maddening conditions of 100 (!!!) people crammed into a
ridiculously small tin can?

Also, when they land, since there won't be a JFK airport with airtight
jetways to welcome the people, won't they each need to have their own
suit (perhaps a requirement to live on mars anyways) and that would take
up a lot of space as cargo.

In mars there is no oxygen at all, and almost no atmosphere.
Temperatures range from -100 C at night in winter, to maybe a balmy -10,
-20 in summer. Obviously you have sometimes extremely hot conditions
where at midday you can reach the freezing point or slightly above.

To breath you need your own oxygen, to eat you need to bring your own
food, all logistics must be brought from earth at great expense.

You need around 11 liters of air (with 20% oxygen) to breath per day,
per person. That makes 1100 for 100 people PER DAY. Add to that 150 tons
of food

Day Year

Air 1100 liters 401 500
Food 150 Kg 54 750

But I am not ver worried about the poor people left to survive in
marsian coÃ*nditions.

The rocket of Musk exploded at the pad and he doesn't even know why. And
it was going just 250 Km up, to the space station.

When Musk arrives at reliably go (and come back) to the station (a few
hundred Km I wish to recall) maybe we should start worring about those
poor guys "stranded in Mars"...

The logistics of unloading the ship would be interesting.

Well, the first trip would just have a few people that build infra
structure for the rest, I suppose.

Old October 10th 16, 03:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

jacob navia wrote:

Le 01/10/2016 à 23:33, JF Mezei a écrit :

How realistic is it to build a ship with 100 or as Musk really wants 200
people enclosed for ~3-4 months, and expect these people to be
functional after being lethargic in 0-g all that time ?

And after being bombarded with cosmic rays all around. Radiation hazard,
bone loss, maddening conditions of 100 (!!!) people crammed into a
ridiculously small tin can?

Cosmic rays aren't a problem for flights of this duration and easily
shielded. Bone loss in a few months isn't a big problem, particularly
given a gym. You have a design paper for the transporter, do you? If
not, how do you know it's "a ridiculously small tin can"?

Also, when they land, since there won't be a JFK airport with airtight
jetways to welcome the people, won't they each need to have their own
suit (perhaps a requirement to live on mars anyways) and that would take
up a lot of space as cargo.

In mars there is no oxygen at all, and almost no atmosphere.
Temperatures range from -100 C at night in winter, to maybe a balmy -10,
-20 in summer. Obviously you have sometimes extremely hot conditions
where at midday you can reach the freezing point or slightly above.

There is, however, CO2 and water. Given power, that's all you need
for a lot of things.

To breath you need your own oxygen, to eat you need to bring your own
food, all logistics must be brought from earth at great expense.

False. Go read some of the papers concerning in situ resource use on
Mars.

You need around 11 liters of air (with 20% oxygen) to breath per day,
per person. That makes 1100 for 100 people PER DAY. Add to that 150 tons
of food

Day Year

Air 1100 liters 401 500
Food 150 Kg 54 750

Your air figures are totally wrong. All you need to do is have make
up oxygen and CO2 scrubbers. What do you think they do on an SSBN? An
Ohio class boat carries around 150 people for 90+ days and they manage
both air and food just fine. They do cheat on the water, since they
can make that from the surrounding ocean.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old October 10th 16, 10:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 9:19:32 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:43:01 PM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 8:13:19 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 6:48:04 PM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 2:44:49 PM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 7:20:49 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

Suspended animation ...

Which we don't have.

Yes we do, and it will be adequate to this task by 2022 when we start sending large numbers of people off world at low cost.

Fantasy. Lab studies are not operational reality. What's the
casualty rate?

For the system that's operating in 2022 and beyond? I'd say pretty damn close to zero. Mark Roth has developed a gas based system that drops users fairly safely and keeps them in low consumption mode.

Roth has withdrawn or terminated all trials of this technology.

Hmm... if you check his website, or call him at the lab, you will find that you are wrong.

http://labs.fhcrc.org/roth/#metaboli...%20anima tion

You will find that he confirms what he says on his website, "My lab is currently interested in metabolic flexibility and suspended animation"

Reading for comprehension isn't really your strong suit, is it?

You're projecting again.

You're mooking again.

You're a classless name shaming racist.

You're a classless lying ****witted ****.

You're a narcissist who can't stand the fact that I'm smarter than you and reveal you to be the worm that you are.

His
'interest' at his lab isn't trials of the system you said he'd
developed,

You haven't read his published literature. You assume that your gut is right again. This always leads you into trouble.

Paper studies of lab work. Not the operational system you insist
exists.

Every time you say these things deepens knowledgeable person's conviction that you have no actual understanding of how products are developed.

Where you define only yourself as "knowledgeable person".

What nonsense!

which he WITHDREW trials of.

Completed you mean.

I mean what I said.

You are wrong. Roth is ready to go to the next step.

The world and everyone but Mookie is wrong.

What a narcissist you are! You think when someone says YOU are wrong, they're saying the world is wrong! lol.

Mook's usual position.

My usual position is to call 'em as I see 'em - and I see you in this context as wrong. Live with it and quit harping about things that aren't true.

"In spite of the term "suspended animation", this technology is not
likely to be used for long term suspension of people or other mammals
any time soon."

I'm sure that seems right to your gut. However, I won't even ask you for a citation since its a virtual certainty that you've said that with a complete absence of knowledge on the subject.

I tell you what, when people go to Mars to settle, the vast majority will be in suspended animation.

http://www.sei.aero/eng/papers/uploa...eSummary.p df

http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...and-save-brain

http://www.popsci.com/article/scienc...nded-animation

And your claim about me being wrong on the withdrawal of studies:

"The clinical trials commissioned by the company he founded, Ikaria,
were however withdrawn or terminated by August 2011."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Roth_(scientist)

Buy a damn clue, Mook.

You don't know what you're talking about, that's because you don't really look deeply at the resources you've quoted.

Please read this

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01007461

and take note;

This study has been withdrawn prior to enrollment.
(Company decision. Non-safety related)

The government withdrew this because the sponsoring company Mallinckrodt ASKED THEM TO.

Now why would a company do that? Well, take a look at this;

http://www2.mallinckrodt.com/ikaria/

Look at the date of the withdrawn study. 2011. Look at the date of the acquisition - 2015.

Now, why would a company stop a public study of a medical procedure and later acquire that company whose only asset is that medical procedure? The reason is obvious. They didn't need the study in 2001 because they found out what they needed to find out, and didn't want the loss of control public involvement necessarily involved. They bought the company because of the SUCCESS of the process.

So I'm right

You sir are NEVER right it seems. It must be hard being you.

Not particularly, since I don't live in MookieWorld.

I live in the real world. You, not so much.

and you're
illiterate.

I know you need to believe this fantasy to preserve your fragile self image. But like many things in your life, it just ain't true! lol.

I'll let your demonstration of the facts prove my case.

I've already given lots of facts - you have already proven your incapacity to appreciate them.

Sure you have, Mookie. Sure you have.

I know! LOL!!!

Operational systems when available will have people spend 25 days in stasis and 3 days awake for monitoring. Passengers trade slots with one another - online pre-launch and each has its own activity planned. Typically you have 3 periods in flight. Departure, mid-journey, arrival...

There is no evidence that people can tolerate this sort of thing for
periods longer than a couple of weeks

A couple of weeks is 14 days. 28 days is double that time.

and even less evidence than that
for being able to do the sort of cycle you're talking about and do
anything when they're done.

I find it amusing that you come to such firm conclusions based only on your prejudices which are totally divorced from reality.

I don't find it amusing that you consistently fail to see the
difference between lab interest and your fantasy deployments.

You have no idea what you're talking about but a strong belief in the rightness of your gut feelings - which frequently lead you astray. The fact remains that animals already hibernate and recover fully after months of hibernation. Roth has detailed the process that is responsible for that, and is continuing to work towards practical applications of that understanding. Any reasonable analyst would look at progress cost and benefits and foresee that this will be used at some point to produce extremely low cost trips to Mars and back in the time frame Musk and others will be offering such trips.

Your assertions to the contrary are baseless tripe.

You're a lying loon

No I'm not.

Yeah, you are,

No I'm not you bozo! LOL. You read a fragment of a sentence on Wikipedia and assume your gut was right all along - narcissist that you are.

regardless of what your 'gut' tells you you obviously
don't know anything about, well, ANYTHING.

No, go back to what you said and inferred about Ikaria. You read Wikipedia says the study was withdrawn and you automatically assume that's a bad thing - some sort disaster. Fact is, its the opposite. The company withdrew the study BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T NEED IT. The government said it was NOT SAFETY RELATED. Then, three years later, the same company buys Ikaria - BECAUSE OF THE VALUE OF THE PROCESS.

who can't comprehend that he might ever be wrong.

That's an idiotic statement.

The Mook assessment of most of reality.

Narcissist that you are, you have a hard time distinguishing between yourself and the world. You can't see that when someone points out just how stupid and small you are, you really do think they're talking about all of reality. They're not. You're not that important.

Thus, anyone who disagrees with you or points out flaws in your
'reasoning' MUST be ignorant. Your mental illness tells you so.

You're projecting again.

Little Lord Echo mooks again.

You bullying racist name calling *******. Why don't you just STFU - lol -

snip irrelevancies that prove nothing with regard to MookFantasy

Some details are interesting;

(1) 100 person habitat,
(2) 200 tons,

Musk has proposed a 10,000 ton two stage rocket that lifts 450 tons to LEO is refuelled with 1800 tons of propellant and flies on to mars carrying 200 people.

Hmm.. sounds like two of these habitats to me!

But you're well known for leaping to conclusions based on nothing
other than tingling in your anus.

Again, you are inappropriately projecting what is a common experience for you on to others

Does this REALLY make you feel better, Mookie?

My feelings have nothing to do with reality, but you believe yours do. That's the problem.

You're correct that your feelings have nothing to do with reality,

I know that's why I said it.

but
you obviously think your feelings ARE reality.

No I don't. I actually read and understand the implications of things. You, form a feeling about a subject and scan through the internet and assemble a lot of false innuendo and parade it as fact. Ikaria's study was withdrawn not because the process was bad, but because the process was good - and the study wasn't needed. The acquisition of the company later proves they valued Ikaria and the process they've developed.

From here it just
makes you look like a poorly constructed 'bot.

Hmm.. that's what you look like for sure. I mean, if you cared to engage me in meaningful conversation, you'd find the experience richer.

Little Lord Echo mooks again.

STFU you name shaming racist *******.

And you're incapable of a 'meaningful
conversation'.

Yes I am. Let's have one about Ikaria. Admit you are wrong about the success of the company's process.

You're only capable of mental mooksterbation.

You make up nonsense words from a nonsensical person.

... allows launching people on a regular basis in drones, ...

Why 'drones'? It's ORBIT.

A drone is an unmanned aircraft or ship (including spaceship) that can navigate autonomously, without human control.

A mook is a stupid or incompetent person.

In English sure. In other languages meanings vary.

And what language do we speak, Mook?

Well, my daughter and second wife is Swiss, and my second wife is a translator at the EU Parliament. My daughter speaks four languages, my wife speaks five, I speak four; English, French, German, Chinese

Well, you're claiming to be Mongolian.

No I'm not. You can't read sensibly. I'm saying the name Mook derives from a Mongolian root. My family first came to Europe with the Mongol hordes and remained. My family was on the first ships to the New World with Columbus, following the Alhambra Decree. Upon Columbus' return the Spanish Inquisition caused a disruption when resupplying in the Azores, and so the Nina was taken to Amsterdam and the Prince there was asked to create a Ghetto called Mook, which exists to this day. Mook's played an important role in the Dutch East Indies company and Mook's were early settlers in New Amsterdam later New York - and went Westward to Ohio - where they settled in Columbus.

You just did it again; you claim to be Mongolian.

No I didn't. I said I was born in Ohio if you actually to the trouble to follow the narrative.

Which brings us back to what language we speak here, you mook.

You still haven't learned that even in Ohio many languages are used. You still haven't learned despite my attempts to educate you to this fact, that many languages are indigenous to Ohio and the U.S.A..

Languages brought to this region of the country by colonists and immigrants from Europe, Asia, or other parts of the world make up a large portion of the languages currently used; several languages, including creoles and sign languages, have been developed in Ohio and the United States. There are over 430 languages spoken or signed by the population of Ohio.

However, you were born in the
United States and we speak English here.

I'm sure that for a racist ******* like you this seems an accurate statement. The reality is the United States is multi-cultural and has a diverse language heritage.

I'm sure that for a lying **** like you the preceding makes sense.

Yes, and to a racist ******* like you, I'm certain it drives you toward raving lunacy to have someone call you out for what you are.

Yet you're the one who starts raving, lying, and insulting.

No I'm not. You're the one calling names and spewing bile.

snip irrelevant MookSpew

Even so, I am absolutely certain you can fairly be described to BE a mook in that context.

It may amuse you to fantasize that, but that says more about your psychological difficulties than anything else.

Uh, you realize you're responding to something YOU said to ME, right?
And you're exactly correct in your response.

You realise that you are the one calling me a mook trying to name shame don't you? To be cleaer, your fantasy is that Mook is something I should be ashamed of. That is what I am referring to.

You realize you were responding to something YOU said to ME, right?
And you're exactly correct in your response.

You realise you are trying to confuse the casual reader into believing something that isn't so don't you? The entire context of this exchange is that you are name shaming me and my name.

Look at the quoting levels, you ignorant *******.

Listen to your name calling you narcissistic worm? You're the one continually ranting. I'm merely replying.

Everything starting
with " " was written by you. Everything starting with
" " was written by me. Everything starting with " " was
written by you. I'm not trying to confuse anyone, but you are
obviously confused and trying to 'name shame' ME with YOUR name.

Yep, definitely trying to confuse people because to you winning is everything isn't it? No matter what the truth is. You think that's a strength. What an idiot you are.

YOU said, "Even so, I am absolutely certain you can fairly be
described to BE a mook in that context." Then YOU replied to
YOURSELF, "It may amuse you to fantasize that, but that says more
about your psychological difficulties than anything else."

Yawn

Tu quoque is the best you can do? You ARE aptly named!

Dude, I pointed out that the Mook name has nothing to do with how you wish to use the word mook. That is not a logical fallacy and certainly not a Tu quoque argument.

Dude, you said back to me something I said to you.

That's what yo do.

Dude, you said back to me something I said to you.

Obviously you don't like the fact that you were wrong about what Tu quoque actually meant.

Obviously you cannot even follow Usenet quoting,

So? It doesn't change the fact YOU are a name shaming ******* and YOU don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to what Ikaria is doing with suspended animation, and that suspended animation will be ready for Mars Colonists when Musk is. You can take that to the bank.

so I'm not surprised
you get this wrong.

The sci.space.policy group should be talkig about sci.space.policy. An important detail is that we now have a real space business run by a real space businessman with vision. For that reason we're going to in this generation have colonists visit Mars and other planets in the inner solar system. When those colonists arrive most will be there at an affordable cost because they arrived via suspended animation developed by Ikaria. Something you still don't understand and refuse to accept for personal vanity reasons.

Tu quoque is, in it's simplest form, a 'you too'
argument. You are obviously too simple to get that.

Look, you do a thing, and then project it on to someone else. Right now for example, you are too simple to realise that the sources you looked up to learn that Tu quoque is 'you too' are abbreviated and incomplete - and generally incorrect by being too broad. Though if enough people use the word that way, it will be used that way in the future no matter how someone like me learned it in school 50 years ago! lol

Tu quoque does mean "you also". Its an appeal to hypocrisy. An informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to ACT consistently in accordance with its conclusions.

Peter: "Based on the arguments I have presented, it is evident that it is morally wrong to use animals for food or clothing."

Bill: "But you are wearing a leather jacket and you have a roast beef sandwich in your hand! How can you say that using animals for food and clothing is wrong!"."

It is a fallacy because the moral character or past actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument.

This manifestly IS NOT a Red Herring no matter what lesser resources say.

snip Mookery

Yet, this has nothing to do with my name, which originates in Mongolian and means 'eternal leader' - transliterated into 'monk' throughout Asia.

Back to your yurt, you mook.

Go to hell you name shaming racist *******.

Go **** yourself, you humorless lunatic.

You're the one who is insane. I post relevant technical topics. You take great pleasure to **** on them regardless of their quality.

No, you post ****e and claim it's Shinola.

Racist. Off to the camps with you.

Nazi.

I'm not the one name shaming you are.

Off to the crimes against humanity tribunal with you.

Nonsense.

By your definition ALL
spacecraft are 'drones' because pretty much none of them are under
'human control'.

All of them are directed by humans, being built by humans for various purposes.

Nonsense. By that claim, ALL drones are 'directed by humans' so there
is no such thing as a drone.

Logic is not your forte is it? lol.

Knowledge and intellect are not your fortes, are they? lol.

You're the one who's wrong dude. Or are you going to falsely say I said that like you always do?

You're the one who's wrong dude. Or are you going to falsely say I
said that like you always do?

yawn Pathetic aren't you.

yawn Pathetic aren't you.

hahaha...

The point is sending people in stasis in automated ships that are visited infrequently by service crews is the least costly way to send people to Mars.

Incinerating them and shipping them as ash is even more efficient.

Old October 10th 16, 11:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

The rocket of Musk exploded at the pad and he doesn't even know why.
And it was going just 250 Km up, to the space station.

Actually it had a communications satellite as a payload for Facebook.

As for consumables and how much space is needed inside the spacecraft,
here's a reference:

NASA HANDBOOK
NASA/SP-2010-3407
HUMAN INTEGRATION DESIGN HANDBOOK (HIDH)
https://ston.jsc.nasa.gov/collection...C=SP-2010-3407

Jeff
Old October 10th 16, 06:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2016-10-09 22:32, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Your air figures are totally wrong. All you need to do is have make
up oxygen and CO2 scrubbers. What do you think they do on an SSBN? An
Ohio class boat carries around 150 people for 90+ days and they manage
both air and food just fine.

Doesn't such a sub produce O2 from hydrolysis of water ?

That's where they get their 'make up' oxygen, yes.

And out of curiosity, when they bake the CO2 filters, where does it
outgas to ? (since sub is at 1ATM and sourrounding water would be at
perhaps 10ATMs or way more, do they use a compressor to dump it overboard ?

It's compressed and then dumped, much like other waste systems.

http://www.ussnautilus.org/education...Underwater.pdf

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
live in the real world."
Old October 10th 16, 07:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

You're a delusional **** who can't stand the fact that most people
here are smarter than you and reveal you to be the clueless ******
that you are.

His
'interest' at his lab isn't trials of the system you said he'd
developed,

You haven't read his published literature. You assume that your gut is right again. This always leads you into trouble.

Paper studies of lab work. Not the operational system you insist
exists.

Every time you say these things deepens knowledgeable person's conviction that you have no actual understanding of how products are developed.

Where you define only yourself as "knowledgeable person".

What nonsense!

How many people posting here have you claimed are 'ignorant'? Who
other than yourself have you lauded as a "knowlegeable person". You're
condemned out of your own mouth!

which he WITHDREW trials of.

Completed you mean.

I mean what I said.

You are wrong. Roth is ready to go to the next step.

The world and everyone but Mookie is wrong.

What a narcissist you are! You think when someone says YOU are wrong, they're saying the world is wrong! lol.

What a delusional ****wit you are! You think when everyone says YOU
are wrong that it is either some vast conspiracy against you or they
are all sockpuppets.

Mook's usual position.

My usual position is to call 'em as I see 'em - and I see you in this context as wrong. Live with it and quit harping about things that aren't true.

Your intellectual myopia isn't an excuse. Live with it and stop
denying things that are demonstrably true.

"In spite of the term "suspended animation", this technology is not
likely to be used for long term suspension of people or other mammals
any time soon."

I'm sure that seems right to your gut.

It's a quote, you stupid ass.

However, I won't even ask you for a citation since its a virtual certainty that you've said that with a complete absence of knowledge on the subject.

I gave the cite below, you ignorant ****. Before you chopped it up
the cite was obvious

I tell you what, when people go to Mars to settle, the vast majority will be in suspended animation.

I tell you what, you're an ignorant **** and your unsupported
assertions are less than meaningless.

And your claim about me being wrong on the withdrawal of studies:

"The clinical trials commissioned by the company he founded, Ikaria,
were however withdrawn or terminated by August 2011."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Roth_(scientist)

Buy a damn clue, Mook.

You don't know what you're talking about, that's because you don't really look deeply at the resources you've quoted.

I do know what I'm talking about and gave a cite to it.

Please read this

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01007461

and take note;

This study has been withdrawn prior to enrollment.
(Company decision. Non-safety related)

So what I said is precisely correct. Thank you for demonstrating
that, despite your claims, I am right and you are wrong and I knew
precisely what I was talking about.

So I'm right

You sir are NEVER right it seems. It must be hard being you.

Not particularly, since I don't live in MookieWorld.

I live in the real world. You, not so much.

and you're
illiterate.

I know you need to believe this fantasy to preserve your fragile self image. But like many things in your life, it just ain't true! lol.

I'll let your demonstration of the facts prove my case.

I've already given lots of facts - you have already proven your incapacity to appreciate them.

Sure you have, Mookie. Sure you have.

I know! LOL!!!

Yes, YOU do. But then you 'know' many things that are not in precise
1:1 accord with our present reality.

[...]

Yes you are you mook! You argue against things based on you suffering
from cranio-rectal inversion - delusional nutter that you are.

regardless of what your 'gut' tells you you obviously
don't know anything about, well, ANYTHING.

No, go back to what you said and inferred about Ikaria. You read Wikipedia says the study was withdrawn and you automatically assume that's a bad thing - some sort disaster. Fact is, its the opposite. The company withdrew the study BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T NEED IT. The government said it was NOT SAFETY RELATED. Then, three years later, the same company buys Ikaria - BECAUSE OF THE VALUE OF THE PROCESS.

I didn't 'assume' anything, you delusional ****wit and I'm not
responsible for what the voices in your head tell you. I said the
study was withdrawn. Lo and behold, it WAS!

who can't comprehend that he might ever be wrong.

That's an idiotic statement.

The Mook assessment of most of reality.

Narcissist that you are, you have a hard time distinguishing between yourself and the world. You can't see that when someone points out just how stupid and small you are, you really do think they're talking about all of reality. They're not. You're not that important.

Delusional nutter that you are, you have a hard time recognizing that
all the people who think you are an idiot are not the same person. You
can't see that when someone points out just how stupid and small you
are, you really do think they're talking about all of reality. They're
not. You're not that important.

Thus, anyone who disagrees with you or points out flaws in your
'reasoning' MUST be ignorant. Your mental illness tells you so.

You're projecting again.

Little Lord Echo mooks again.

You bullying racist name calling *******. Why don't you just STFU - lol -

You delusional lying name calling nutter. Why don't you come make me?

Bull****.

You, form a feeling about a subject and scan through the internet and assemble a lot of false innuendo and parade it as fact.

You're accusing others of behaving the way you do again.

Ikaria's study was withdrawn not because the process was bad, but because the process was good - and the study wasn't needed. The acquisition of the company later proves they valued Ikaria and the process they've developed.

And Mookie once again wants to proclaim his delusional assertions as
fact.

From here it just
makes you look like a poorly constructed 'bot.

Hmm.. that's what you look like for sure. I mean, if you cared to engage me in meaningful conversation, you'd find the experience richer.

Little Lord Echo mooks again.

STFU you name shaming racist *******.

STFU you delusional lying nutter.

And you're incapable of a 'meaningful
conversation'.

Yes I am.

I'm glad we both agree about your inability to conduct a 'meaningful
conversation'.

Let's have one about Ikaria. Admit you are wrong about the success of the company's process.

Let's have one about Mook. Admit you're a delusional nutter who
doesn't allow reality to intrude.

You're only capable of mental mooksterbation.

You make up nonsense words from a nonsensical person.

I'm sure you mean 'about a nonsensical person' there.

[...]

Mookie, you're a quibbling idiot who will pick at a nit all day rather
than admit you're wrong, even when the nit is absolutely unimportant.

You sad, pathetic nutter...

However, you were born in the
United States and we speak English here.

I'm sure that for a racist ******* like you this seems an accurate statement. The reality is the United States is multi-cultural and has a diverse language heritage.

I'm sure that for a lying **** like you the preceding makes sense.

Yes, and to a racist ******* like you, I'm certain it drives you toward raving lunacy to have someone call you out for what you are.

Yet you're the one who starts raving, lying, and insulting.

No I'm not. You're the one calling names and spewing bile.

Yes you are. You're the one calling names and spewing bile.

[...]

You're merely replying TO YOURSELF. Again, look at the quoting
levels. And now you deny you're doing it, despite the clear evidence
that you are.

Everything starting
with " " was written by you. Everything starting with
" " was written by me. Everything starting with " " was
written by you. I'm not trying to confuse anyone, but you are
obviously confused and trying to 'name shame' ME with YOUR name.

Yep, definitely trying to confuse people because to you winning is everything isn't it? No matter what the truth is. You think that's a strength. What an idiot you are.

I'm sorry that you find THE FACTS so confusing, Mook. It's really
pretty simple, but I'm not surprised that you shuck and jive to avoid
admitting that YOU SCREWED UP.

YOU said, "Even so, I am absolutely certain you can fairly be
described to BE a mook in that context." Then YOU replied to
YOURSELF, "It may amuse you to fantasize that, but that says more
about your psychological difficulties than anything else."

Yawn

Fart

Tu quoque is the best you can do? You ARE aptly named!

Dude, I pointed out that the Mook name has nothing to do with how you wish to use the word mook. That is not a logical fallacy and certainly not a Tu quoque argument.

Dude, you said back to me something I said to you.

That's what yo do.

Dude, you said back to me something I said to you.

Obviously you don't like the fact that you were wrong about what Tu quoque actually meant.

Obviously you cannot even follow Usenet quoting,

So? It doesn't change the fact YOU are a name shaming ******* and YOU don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to what Ikaria is doing with suspended animation, and that suspended animation will be ready for Mars Colonists when Musk is. You can take that to the bank.

So that makes you demonstrably a clueless ****** who hears voices in
his own head and insists that other people said what he hears.

so I'm not surprised
you get this wrong.

The sci.space.policy group should be talkig about sci.space.policy. An important detail is that we now have a real space business run by a real space businessman with vision. For that reason we're going to in this generation have colonists visit Mars and other planets in the inner solar system.

Right so far. But then, in typical Mookie fashion, you run right off
the rails into your own delusions.

When those colonists arrive most will be there at an affordable cost because they arrived via suspended animation developed by Ikaria. Something you still don't understand and refuse to accept for personal vanity reasons.

Mookie delusion. That "real space businessman with vision" is not you
and HE hasn't said word one about hibernating cargo (quite the
opposite, since he talks about needing gyms and such) except for the
delusional voices you hear in your head.

[...]

Thank you for explaining how tu quoque is, in it's simplest form, a
'you too' argument. However, even after explaining it, you are
obviously too simple to get it.

I'm not the delusional ****wit you are.

Off to the crimes against humanity tribunal with you.

Nonsense.

You really are too stupid to get obvious mockery, aren't you?

By your definition ALL
spacecraft are 'drones' because pretty much none of them are under
'human control'.

All of them are directed by humans, being built by humans for various purposes.

Nonsense. By that claim, ALL drones are 'directed by humans' so there
is no such thing as a drone.

Logic is not your forte is it? lol.

Knowledge and intellect are not your fortes, are they? lol.

You're the one who's wrong dude. Or are you going to falsely say I said that like you always do?

You're the one who's wrong dude. Or are you going to falsely say I
said that like you always do?

yawn Pathetic aren't you.

yawn Pathetic aren't you.

hahaha...

Hahaha indeed...

The point is sending people in stasis in automated ships that are visited infrequently by service crews is the least costly way to send people to Mars.

Incinerating them and shipping them as ash is even more efficient.

Not if you expect repeat business you dim wit.

You think the same people are going to ship themselves to Mars
multiple times, you idiot?

Repeat business involves more than shipping. Incinerated ash for example won't create demand for local products like food and air and water.

That's someone else's business.

Not if you're hauling the food asshole.

But you're not, dip****.

Food and farming isn't going to appear magically on the surface of Mars.

So what?

And why would anyone want to eat asshole?

Hmm.. I see your interpretation is coloured by your sexual orientation. Tossed salad anyone?

I see you're too stupid to realize you were being twitted because of
your obvious (and continual) grammar fails and let your sexual
orientation color your misunderstanding.

Hint: Grammar is important. It's the difference between "Let's go
eat, Grandma" and "Let's go eat Grandma".

You're running the cargo body line.

You've never actually seen what shipping companies do have you?

You've never actually seen anything outside the inside of your own
anus, have you?

Again, your sexual orientation is colouring your ability to have a sensible conversation.

Mook thinks implying someone is gay is a telling insult. He's wrong
and reveals himself to be bigoted against gays. Poor honophobic
Mookie...

You are aptly named.

Thank you. There is a town called Mook in Holland - named after the Mongolian derived gypsies that attended Columbus' return to the Old World from the New, after the Alhambra Decree.

http://www.mokenergy.com/index.php?cID=44

You're so full of crap you should have been named with the Mongolian
word for 'bowel'.

In that case I would be called 'fird makaal' hahahahaha... seriously - that's mongolian for big dump. Just saying. Aptly named indeed!

Lying just to get an insult?

Alright big brown dump - believe that if you want to.

I don't want to because you're still lying.

McCall sounds a lot like Muukhai'l - nasty

There's no such Mongolian word - nasty lying ****.

Yes there is. Look it up.

https://www.google.co.nz/?client=saf...bm&q=translate

I already did. Type in your ostensible Mongolian word "Muukhai'l" and
see what you get trying to translate it to English. No translation.

START WITH ENGLISH - TYPE IN "NASTY" and see what pops up!

See, you've got to actually know something about a language to know these things. You don't know a damn thing about Mongolian. I on the other hand had the great opportunity to work with a coal company in Mongolia turning coal into diesel fuel with Shenhua and Thyssen Krup.

Yes, you do. You can't even run Google Translate.

Pathetic, Mook. Truly pathetic. Your
name should be gedesnii khödölgöön.

Yeah but your name is already ??????
muukhai (McCall) in Mongolian.

Except there is no such word in Mongolian. Care to try again, liar?

Care to actually learn how to use a dictionary? lol. fird?

Take your own advice.

Like I said, these online dictionaries can be misleading ...

Shuck and jive, Mookie. Shuck and jive.

if you haven't had the opportunity to actually visit a place use the language and so forth. McCall means nasty in Mongolian. Just saying. Mook means Illustrious Leader. Look it up.

I did. You're lying.

See, this points out your lunacy. You can't figure something out so you naturally assume other folks are lying to you. That's the only thing that makes sense to your idiotic mind. You racist meaningless *******.

See, this points out your lunacy.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

You make **** up

No I don't.

Yes you do.

and then make
assumptions

Nonsense. Look at the Ikaria statements you made. Wrong. Totally wrong. You think Wikpedia supports your wrong conclusion. It does not. I explained why.

Except it was exactly right. It was the addition input from the
voices in your head that was wrong.

based on your own imaginary reality.

You're the one who imagines things and then cannot be persuaded by reason or fact. That ****es you off, then you get nasty. I guess you ARE well named McCall.

And you're even better named, you mook. You have to mistranslate
Mongolian to get your lie. I can just use English.

That's the only
thing that makes sense to your lunatic mind. You lying irrelevant
****.

You name calling racist *******.

You lying delusional nutter.

Putting people in suspended animation aboard a drone ship that can last for years in space, powered by the sun, is the absolute lowest cost way to send people off world.

Such a ship has no need to 'navigate'. Not a 'drone'.

You obviously are unaware of the requirements of high precision interplanetary flight.

You obviously are unaware of, well, almost everything.

That is you, not me, given what you write.

Poor Little Lord Echo...

talking about yourself again.

Poor Little Lord Echo...

definitely talking to yourself... lol.

Poor Little Lord Echo mooks again.

Muttering again McCall? What are you muttering about?

Wa wa wa wawa...

So, it will be done, and soon, after we start doing that.

In your fantasies. I'd bet on pixie dust first.

You are the one fantasizing and projecting your ignorance on to your betters.

You're a loonytoon ****wit.

No I'm not.

Yes you are.

Not really.

Yes really.

No, you are the racist abusive lunatic. How many court orders have your girlfriends put on you? I bet its heaps. No wonder you're such a miserable *******. You're in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history.

No, you are the delusional abusive lunatic.

I reply to your abuse. I never originate it. Ever notice that?

You lie. You do originate it. I have noticed that.

How many forcible
commitments to the loony bins have you had.

Zero.

Still not getting the mockery, you mook.

I bet it's heaps.

Sure you do, sure you do.

You realize I just duplicated the form of your statement above, right?

No
wonder you're such a delusional lying ****.

Of course I am Freddie, but what are you? You nasty *******.

Well, now that we're agreed on what you are...

You're in more dire need
of lithium than anyone (no racist sexist qualifiers required).

That Vietnam quote really got you mad didn't it? lol. I won't wait for you to thank me for setting you straight about Ikaria. You're too much of a narcissist ******* to ever do something like that.

'Vietnam quote'? What are you gibbering about now? The only person
you're 'setting straight' is the voices in your head. Why would I
thank you for that, you lying nutter?

... that remain in earth orbit with zero boil off cryogenics,

Which we don't have.

Yes we do

Here's a 2002 paper

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...0020017748.pdf

Lab paper.

A 2002 lab paper - read it. It resulted in a 635 litre test system for LOX and LNG that maintained zero boil off for an extended period using 15 watts of power with an 8 kg pulse tube cryocooler.

I did. Lab paper.

You didn't understand it then, since you have no idea how NPD works.

In business and engineering, new product development (NPD) is the complete process of bringing a new product to market. New product development is described in the literature as the transformation of a market opportunity into a product available for sale and it can be tangible (that is, something physical you can touch) or intangible (like a service, experience, or belief). A good understanding of customer needs and wants, the competitive environment and the nature of the market represent the top required factors for the success of a new product. Cost, time and quality are the main variables that drive the customer needs. Aimed at these three variables, companies develop continuous practices and strategies to better satisfy the customer requirements and increase their market share by a regular development of new products. There are many uncertainties and challenges throughout the process which companies must face. The use of best practices and the elimination of barriers to
communication are the main concerns for the management of NPD process.

No product was developed. It was a conceptual test.

You really don't know how to use engineering data to make products do you?

You really don't know much of anything about anything, do you?

I know more than you, and that ****es you off - you miserable horny *******.

Poor delusional Mookie.

You're projecting again.

You're projecting again, Little Lord Echo.

Seek help, you miserable loony ****.

I don't need it. You do.

Yes, I need for you to seek help.

Here's a 2010 paper

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...0110004377.pdf

So in eight years it's gone from a lab paper to, well, a lab paper.

You have no appreciation of the value of these things and what they mean for the art of space travel. It is truly unfortunate that someone who is as interested in this subject as you, is so utterly clueless when it come to practical matters of importance.

You have no appreciation of the unreality of these things

You have no appreciation of NPD.

The 'P' in NPD is 'Product'. No product resulted or was intended to
result.

Again, you have no idea how new products are developed and brought to market.

Again, you have no idea how anything happens, do you?

I've actually developed ground breaking products, and as a result had the great good fortune to analyse new technologies and their implications for places like the White House, the Senate and the DOD. You obviously have not.

Mighty Mookie - a legend in his own mind!

Its on record dude. Look it up.

It's a broken record, Mook. Seek treatment.

You're lucky to have someone of my calibre actually take an interest in this group and post to it. You of course don't see it that way since you're a racist bull****ting blowhard who doesn't get any.

You're a sub-calibre intellect.

I'm superior to the average bear.

No doubt, but then bears aren't particularly bright in comparison to
people.

Nobody sees you the way you see
yourself

So?

So you're a delusional narcisistic nutter, Mookie.

because we are sane

You have a hard time saying YOU are sane don't you? Why do you think that is Freddie?

Poor Mook. Listening to the voices in his head again...

and you are not,

I'm quote sane. You on the other hand are a narcissist and a racist.

You forgot to 'unquote' after the word "sane", you egomaniacal
delusional lying ****.

you lunatic lying ****

No I'm not.

Yes you are.

who doesn't get anything.

By any meaningful measure of wealth happiness, health sanity, good fortune, - any measure of a good and decent life - I rank vastly superior to you - and that ****es you off. That's what is driving these exchanges, and why you cannot and will not STFU.

Poor Mookie. Insane to the very end. It's only his delusions, some
of which he describes above, that let him stand himself.

as other
than lab studies

You don't understand how they contribute to NPD.

You don't understand that they're not operational products.

You don't understand the data produced in these tests was sufficient for anyone skilled in the art to bring it to market.

Because it's not. I'll leave understanding wrong things to you.

You're the one who's wrong - you don't get that because your ego won't let you admit the facts.

NOBODY agrees with you, Mookie.

You are projecting again.

No, I'm just reading what everyone else says. You should try it
sometime.

Does this tell you nothing other than
that we're all conspiring against your greatness?

You don't know what you're talking about. Its not about me. Its about you and your insanity. I try to post to sci.space.policy about advances in suspended animation and how they will be used to send many people off world across the inner solar system and you make **** up just to have an argument so you can call me names. Seek help.

No, Mookie. It IS about you. It's about your lack of intellect and
ignorance.

and what that means when you try to roll a real
operational mission.

You've obviously never taken a product from the fuzzy front end to the fuzzy back end have you?

You've obviously never. Anything.

I invented the computer based cash register and brought it market.

Yeah, and other people invented more sensible things.

You don't know a damn thing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6pBS6uptE

Yeah, sure. Nobody knows anything but the Mighty Mookie and
Irrelevant YouTube Videos.

Look, I said you don't know what you're talking about in your statements about Ikaria. I gave you the reasons and the facts behind those reasons. That's a far cry from everyone and everything. So, take your SRI and relax.

Poor Mook. He htinks him saying something makes it true. I'm sure
that's what the voices in his head tell him.

I invented ultra-high intensity hyper efficient solar cells, and brought it to market.

Oh, did you now? Where are these solar cells installed? Provide a
cite.

INRSS -

http://www.aerospace-technology.com/...atellite2.html

Nothing about Mook or his solar cells.

You asked where they were used. Now you're asking for a link proving that the multi-spectral solar cells are my multi-spectral solar cells.

A link which I provide below.

Except like most of your cites, it doesn't say what you claim it does.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/20024019/...to-Mok-FINAL-1

A white paper produced by people who are not Mook about cells that do
not indicate that Mook invented anything.

The data in this report are controlled by the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement between Mok Industries & Spectrolab, and by the Terms and Conditions of Sale for Spectrolab Sales order # 5926.

Which is on page 2. This refers to my patent 7081584

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7081584.html

So you're violating an NDA posting it here?

I invented zero impact farming and brought it to market.

Oh, did you now. Where is this zero impact farming used? Provide a
cite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8u72nUrZPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcywiqgcLDs

'Effluent management' is not "zero impact farming".

You don't know what you're talking about.

Words have meanings. You ignoring them doesn't change that.

I CAN believe
that you're an expert in cow****, though.

Only because it appeals to your narcissist tendencies.

But you proclaim yourself an expert on cow****. Now you're arguing
that my agreeing with you is wrong?

After all, that's largely
what you post here.

Again, you're projecting on to others what you do routinely. You don't know what you're talking about with Ikaria, and you don't know what you're talking about here.

Mook, you really need to seek treatment.

It is truly unfortunate that someone who is as
interested in this subject as you, is so utterly clueless when it come
to practical matters of importance.

I'm not clueless. You are however.

Little Lord Echo echoes again.

That's you.

Little Lord Echo echoes again.

You're pathetic you loser.

yawn

snip

... until the synodic period alignment, and they are all blasted to Mars around the same time.

Mook, you always want to complicate the **** out of everything.

Obviously you don't know how Hohman transfer orbits work do you?

Obviously you think zillions of little parts on storage orbit for
years are 'simple'.

Compared to what? See, this is what you don't get. A business makes profit by exploiting capital to create value for their customers. When that capital sits idle, it is of no use to anyone.

So deliberately complicating things

Is not what I'm doing you don't get that.

That is what you're doing and you don't get it.

Nonsense

Obviously you don't understand, do you?

Look, I'm telling you that using your launcher over the entire synodic period is a more efficient use of your launch infrastructure than using only once every 25 months. That should be obvious to even you. You're the one who sees the need of planetary alignment as an uneeded complication! lol. What an idiot you are.

I know what you think you're "telling me".

I'm not telling you anything, because that's a useless thankless task. I am replying to your idiot points with reason and some understanding of what I'm talking about - so as not to leave the casual reader with a mistaken impression created by you.

Let's look at that sequence again:

MOOK: "Looking, I'm telling you..."
MOOK: "I'm not telling you anything..."

Make up your rabbit-assed mind, you mook.

You're wrong.

I know it makes you feel larger and cleaner and better to say that of others. That's a symptom of your narcissistic disease.

Obviously
you've never heard of diminishing returns.

I have and I know its inappropriate in this context.

You know many counterfactual things.

You're talking about
adding huge complications

No I'm not.

Yes you are.

and untried technologies like suspended
animation

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You don't know the difference between lab research and operationally
deployable technologies.

to throw out herds of 'people drones' (added expense)

Its to reduce costs that these things are done.

Except they'll increase costs. It's just more of the usual
MookLunacy.

in
order to tie up your transfer ships for hugely longer periods of time
by launching at inefficient times.

You have not troubled yourself to actually build a Leontieff cost matrix and actually run the numbers. I have.

How nice for you. GIGO applies.

That should be obvious to even
you.

Listen to you, lecturing me about things you know nothing about, in response to NOT having done the very things I'm talking about while I have! lol.

More 'G'.

MUSK is the one who sees the need of planetary alignment as a
needed efficiency!

You know even less about Musk than you do about me.

I can read what he writes and listen to what he says. You apparently
cannot.

He's doing it and you are not.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Which part do you disagree with; that he is doing it or that you are
not?

What an idiot you
are. lol.

It makes you feel good to say that of others and of me. It is a symptom of a disease. Seek help.

I'm mocking you, you clueless git. Thank you for your self-diagnosis.

so that more capital is 'utilized'

So that capital is used continually rather than intermittently.

Silly idea in this case.

Not really

Yeah really.

No, a gratuitous denial is not an answer to a well reasoned comment. You wonder why people don't like you? Why no one posts here? Jesus man, you are an idiot.

No, a gratuitous assertion is not a fact

True, which is why I provide references and reasons for everything I say.

Your references mostly don't apply and your reasons are usually nutty.

to hang a poorly reasoned
comment on.

A gratuitous assertion has no reasons. Jesus, you can't even string two sentences together in a rational way.

No one said it did. Jesus, you can't even read a simple declarative
English sentence.

You wonder why people don't like you?

No, I do not. In fact I'm grateful that so many people like me quite a lot.

Keep telling yourself that, Mookie.

Why I'm about the
only one wasting time on you?

You don't think it a waste, because of the way it makes you feel. That's a symptom of a mental disorder sir. Seek help.

I said it was a waste. Can you not read? It doesn't make me 'feel'
any way, since you aren't important enough to matter.

Jesus, man, you are a delusional lying
****.

That's what you are - and it drives you crazy to have someone prove it to you every time you try to project it away from you.

Poor Little Lord Echo; mooking again.

Seek treatment.

Yes, I'm sure you'll feel better after you receive the treatment you need. Good luck!

Poor Little Lord Echo; mooking again.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old October 10th 16, 10:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

"Astronauts flying to Mars are in danger of long-term brain damage and dementia
from the onslaught of radiation in galactic cosmic rays, according to a new
study.

The paper, published today in Nature's Scientific Reports, raises alarm for
NASA’s future plans in long-term space travel."

I imagine it would cause problems for Musk's plans as well.

See:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10..._space_brains/

Old October 10th 16, 11:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

wrote:

"Astronauts flying to Mars are in danger of long-term brain damage and dementia
from the onslaught of radiation in galactic cosmic rays, according to a new
study.

The paper, published today in Nature's Scientific Reports, raises alarm for
NASA’s future plans in long-term space travel."

I imagine it would cause problems for Musk's plans as well.

See:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10..._space_brains/

Not all that hard to shield. I'm not sure how this is a new paper,
given that this issue has been known for a long time.

Shielding just takes mass.

Old October 11th 16, 11:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Rob wrote:

wrote:
"Astronauts flying to Mars are in danger of long-term brain damage and dementia
from the onslaught of radiation in galactic cosmic rays, according to a new
study.

The paper, published today in Nature's Scientific Reports, raises alarm for
NASA’s future plans in long-term space travel."

Aren't people who stay on earth in the same danger?
There are lots of things that can cause this, including posting on usenet
newsgroups, reading too many studies, or even just living.

The Earth's magnetic field shields most of that away from us (which is
why we have Van Allen belts around the planet). Go beyond the Van
Allens and you are outside that protection.

However, shielding is not that difficult.

--George Bernard Shaw