Redeem my Air Miles for a Bushnell telescope?

Old September 19th 03, 09:42 AM
Zarkovic

Default Redeem my Air Miles for a Bushnell telescope?

This is what I just got from one of the sites about beginners and faq about
telescopes and so on.

"Bushnell: I have looked at this company's telescopes 1st hand and I do not
believe that they would withstand one full night of usage viewing the sky.
They are even WORST than Simmons! They are so bad they make Tasco junk look
good!"

So anyhow, I really really really want a telescope and I wanted to buy one
for the past 3 years, but not some crappy one, but something really good and
something that looks good too, and something that has the autostar feature
or whatever it's called. It's not that I am bad at finding the common stuff
and the constellations, but I am sure there are lots of nebula that look
really awesome, but if I can't find them, then what's the point? So that's
why I prefer the one with the auto feature. Anyhow, I can redeem my air
miles for this bushnell north star 3'' telescope, and it's like 2200 miles.
Is it worth it in your opinion, or should I just save lots of money,
because I am quite low on it now, I had to pay for the university and all
that, and that is very expensive as we all know it. So, do I wait and pay
off my credit cards, then save up lots of money for a really good telescope,
(from what I heard here, Celestron and Meade are apparently good) but this
would take me years again, or do I go and redeem the air miles for what
could be one crappy telescope, at least according to the person above. Thank
you and please help me decide.

Old September 19th 03, 11:44 AM
Bobsprit

So, do I wait and pay
off my credit cards, then save up lots of money for a really good telescope,
(from what I heard here, Celestron and Meade are apparently good)

Celestron makes a good scope, worth the money. Meade should be avoided.
There are PLENTY of good low cost scopes out there...Here's one that could keep
you happy for a while! They also sell a low cost dob that's computer ready!

http://www.telescope.com/shopping/pr...mID=374&itemTy
pe=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=8&iProductID=374

Capt RB
Old September 19th 03, 11:44 AM
Bobsprit

So, do I wait and pay
off my credit cards, then save up lots of money for a really good telescope,
(from what I heard here, Celestron and Meade are apparently good)

Celestron makes a good scope, worth the money. Meade should be avoided.
There are PLENTY of good low cost scopes out there...Here's one that could keep
you happy for a while! They also sell a low cost dob that's computer ready!

http://www.telescope.com/shopping/pr...mID=374&itemTy
pe=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=8&iProductID=374

Capt RB

8.4-meter Mirror Successfully Installed in Large Binocular Telescope Ron Astronomy Misc 1 April 9th 04 08:06 PM
Telescope for Child Vedo Amateur Astronomy 11 November 21st 03 03:38 PM
World's Single Largest Telescope Mirror Moves To The LBT Ron Baalke Technology 0 November 11th 03 08:16 AM
Old Caltech Telescope Yields New Titan Science Ron Baalke Science 0 September 23rd 03 05:50 AM
'First Light' for Canada's First Space Telescope (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 August 5th 03 01:49 AM