Gas Planets Evolve to be Rock planets???

Old October 9th 03, 08:52 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Mac Should I put you in the same category as "Mac the knife?" Yes it
does fit. Bert

Old October 10th 03, 03:58 AM
kevin

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 03:06:24 -0400, J. Scott Miller wrote:

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Well lets start with their core,and its solid. Lets come up further and
it is a liquid,and still further its atmosphere is a gas. Not much
difference(yes?) Let have gravity compress this gas so that it adds
more liquid to the planets surface as water. Jupiter could evolve into
a great water planet. It could be the best phase to go in the next 1.5
billion years. Bert

Not as long as thermodynamics is valid. Hydrostatic equilibrium will hold off
gravity, even for Jupiter. It is generating heat because it is still
contracting, but Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are basically in hydrostatic
equilibrium because the pressure from the material inside is offsetting the
gravitational contraction outside. Jupiter will do the same thing.

Oh no no no, this is a dreadfull post Scotty, I'm going to apply some of
your own questioning style to others to your own post above.

Now lets see, wheres your evidence for this?, where is your proof?,
where is your mathematical model on this?, surely you are not expecting
people to just take your word on this are you?. Wheres your data?,
observations?, measurements?, conclusions etc etc. Have you actualy
done any research on this?, where are your papers?.

Unless of course you are refering to someone elses work, in which case
can you supply references, links, names(you like quoting names), I'm
afraid without any evidence your post is well useless.

Old October 10th 03, 01:30 PM
kevin

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:18:39 -0400, G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Kevin Nicely said. Scott's criticism is not constructive for the most
part. It is a case of thinking your very smart,and in reality in the end
you show your stupidly. He is the kind of teacher that Einstien had
when he was told he would amount to nothing,because he was a lazy,
babbling student( he quit school) Three years ago I told
Scott that I'm glad my children never had the likes of him as their
teacher. He gets a laugh by reading our posts. He should read what
makes a good teacher. Bert

It needed to be said Bert, I had no idea teaching standards had dropped
to such a low over there, you have my sympathy. Over here it's pretty
bad I'm afraid, I'm glad I went through it all befor it got this bad.

We had a government inspector of schools(now Ex inspector, something to
do with a schoolgirl he got er involved with), anyway he once said
that you can now get a grade C in math without actualy knowing any math!!
now I ask you what the heck is that all about, honestly it's true..
and yet the teachers demand ever more money and for what?, I tell you
for what, so they can just churn out even more kids who cannot read and or
write properly let alone not be able to do simple basic math.

It's a sorry state of affairs Bert when teachers are so slack...

Old October 10th 03, 02:40 PM
John Zinni

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Kevin Nicely said. Scott's criticism is not constructive for the most
part. It is a case of thinking your very smart,and in reality in the end
you show your stupidly. He is the kind of teacher that Einstien had
when he was told he would amount to nothing,because he was a lazy,
babbling student

( he quit school)

Were the hell did you get this from???

Old October 10th 03, 09:46 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

John Z I got that from what is written about Einstein's schooling. It
is known he was not the best student in the world,but was one of the
worlds best theoretical thinkers.His teachers could not appreciate his
mind. Their teaching was based on this "if it is not in you text book
its just babble". (sound familiar) Before Einstien went to pick up his
Nobel he was told by the Nobel committee not to mention SR or GR as it
would only be an embarrassment to himself (go figure) Bert