Alternative Facts predicted by Dr. Who 40 years ago

Old January 30th 17, 06:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Alternative Facts predicted by Dr. Who 40 years ago

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 5:38:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 4:53:51 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 2:19:30 PM UTC-7, Davoud wrote:
Quadibloc:
Um, how do you define "poverty"? Usually, the definition in use in developed
countries includes not having anything for luxuries - not merely having
inadequate resources for the absolute necessities.

Well, it is certainly relative in many respects.

Some people will say that it isn't legitimate to take relative poverty into
account, because that's just catering to the vice of envy.

However, they are forgetting one thing.

Some of the necessities of life are in limited supply, so that those who are
relatively poorer don't have a chance of getting them.

For men, finding a mate depends quite a bit on one's relative wealth. And
without a mate, one's genes are absent from the next generation - a form of
death.

So you're saying it's women who drive the demand for McMansions, SUVs and
other luxuries?

Some of the luxuries men buy, they buy for their own use and enjoyment. "The
only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys", as the saying
goes. But, yes, a lot of purchases by men are for purposes of the "bling" type,
for which the competition for mates is implicated.

John Savard
Old January 30th 17, 06:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:09:56 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:13:19 AM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 04:35:59 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 23:41:11 -0800 (PST), "Chris.B"
wrote:

Many city living Danes eschew car ownership and choose cycling for its greater speed and convenience over driving.
No doubt they are much healthier for the exercise.
AND much wealthier for not having to fill the bottomless hole in the road outside their homes or for city parking.

I have bicycled many miles in Denmark, mainly in the surrounds of
Viborg and of Odense. Very pleasant terrain for that. A bit in
Copenhagen, as well, but I prefer not biking around heavy car traffic.

When in Colorado Springs, your SUV contributes to "heavy car traffic."

So. Stupid.

Don't complain about problems, such as traffic or AGW, to which you directly contribute, peterson.

Let's see. We already know about the sociopathy. We know about the
anger issues. We know about the paranoia. I guess we need to add some
kind of obsessive disorder to the list.

I hope scientists have the opportunity to dissect your brain when you
kick the bucket (which judging from how you look in your booking
photo, might not be that long).
Old January 30th 17, 07:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 1:22:45 PM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:

Let's see. We already know about the sociopathy. We know about the
anger issues. We know about the paranoia. I guess we need to add some
kind of obsessive disorder to the list.

Then you really should seek help, peterson, ASAP.
Old January 30th 17, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 1:21:34 PM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
[...]

edit

But, yes, a lot of purchases by men are for purposes of the "bling" type,
for which the competition for mates is implicated.

So the answer to that question is "yes."

Old January 31st 17, 11:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:22:45 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I hope scientists have the opportunity to dissect your brain when you
kick the bucket

Why? None of the conditions which you are alleging are likely to be visible in the
tissues of the brain.

John Savard
Old January 31st 17, 12:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 12:37:23 UTC+1, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:22:45 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I hope scientists have the opportunity to dissect your brain when you
kick the bucket

Why? None of the conditions which you are alleging are likely to be visible in the
tissues of the brain.

John Savard

We must pray that Liv 'iZombie' [Olivia Moore] never has to 'enjoy' such a meal.

One can hardly imagine the likely results. ;-)