The Existence of God, glorified & exalted is He

Old September 24th 09, 12:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
islam

Default The Existence of God, glorified & exalted is He

Though I haven’t seen the Creator, glorified & exalted is He, I
believe in Him .It's inescapable to believe in Him, because I see the
evidences of His existence in myself ,& in everywhere around me
He has blessed every nation with sending an apostle from themselves,
informing them about the essence of the Almighty, His attributes, &
His purpose of creating them. { Messengers as bearers of good news as
well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against
Allâh after the (coming of) Messengers. And Allâh is Ever All-
Powerful, All-Wise.} (Nissa, 165)

We know how the gravity announces its existence,& we (human) have
discovered the laws which controls it. yet, the greatest scientists
can not know the quiddity of gravity. So, why do we believe in its
existence? Because we see the evidences of its existence everywhere.
Likewise, electricity, wireless wave, electron, & spirit. Therefore,
not seeing the object is not evidence that it doesn't exist.

Once, an atheist teacher addressed his students saying: "this chair
exists because we see it. But, we don't see God. So, He doesn't
exist" .One of the students said:" Are you sane, teacher?". "Yes" the
teacher replied. "Did you see your brain?" the student asked. "No" he
replied. Then the student said "How do you claim being sane?"
{ So the disbeliever was utterly defeated. And Allâh guides not the
people, who are Zâlimûn (wrong-doers).}(2. 258)
Every one of us knows his tall, width, weight, & qualities. However,
he knows nothing about his essence, his soul, & his spirit. It's a
secret. Yet, it's more real than any reality. If man doesn't know his
essence ,how does he claim the knowledge of God's essence, and a
fortiori, how to deny it?!

Let us listen to Albert Einstein when a group of theologians,
moralists, & materialists went to him in his office in the Seminary in
Princeton University. & they asked him:" What do you think about God?"
He replied:
" If I succeeded in inventing a machine that enables me to speak with
microbes,& I talked to a tiny microbe standing on a top of a single
human hair.I would ask him:"Where do you think you are?". He would
say: " I think I am standing on a tall tree" . Then I would say to
him:"This single hair you are standing on is only one of the hair of
human head.& the head is only one part of the human body."
Could this tiny microbe imagine the immensity of the human size & his
weight? No.
Compared to God, I am tinier than that microbe & infinitely smaller.
How could I come to know God who knows every thing?"

The stars can not be seen by our weak vision, while it is (the
ornament of the worldly sky) how to see the one who created them. & If
the human vision can't bear looking at the sun, How to bear looking at
the light of God, glorified & exalted is He.

Thus, when Moses said to God, glorified & exalted is He, {"O my Lord!
Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allâh said: "You cannot
see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place
then you shall see Me."} God informed him that the mountain ,with its
strength & solidity ,doesn't still when God appears (manifestation).
What about a human who is weak?! { So when his Lord appeared to the
mountain , He made it collapse to dust, and Mûsâ (Moses) fell down
unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to
You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the
believers."} (al-a'araf. 143)

If God appeared to mankind in earth, they would be fascinated. & then,
this worldly existence wouldn't be a trial any more. Since the belief
would be mandatory (obligatory), & the test would be meaningless
Old September 24th 09, 04:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
GB

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:43:33 -0700 (PDT), islam
wrote:

Though I haven’t seen the Creator, glorified & exalted is He, I

/Snip bull****/
would be mandatory (obligatory), & the test would be meaningless

We don't need primitive mind in here! This is a scientific forum, not
a place for the limited to cry their faith.
Old September 24th 09, 07:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Steve Paul[_2_]

Default [OT] The Existence of God, glorified & exalted is He

islam wrote:
Though I haven’t seen the Creator, glorified & exalted is He, I
believe in Him .It's inescapable to believe in Him, because I see the
evidences of His existence in myself ,& in everywhere around me

Science indicates that it's a mind trick, which, over millions of years of
brain evolution, developed in us power over the barbarian nature of self
preservation.

The current state of the mind trick has allowed us to stop killing each
other over food and mating rights, in order to form a larger, safer, and
more cooperative society in which to flourish. (Clearly there are those
among us who have an under developed, under utilized mind trick.)

Adding social (aka religious) purpose or meaning to the mind trick, is a
common poilitical tool used in under educated and primitive societies, and
historically has led individuals and groups into crisis.

Futhermore, the overwhelming evidence of myriad societies and faiths around
the globe is against a "common" mind trick that defines a "true" religion.
Although shared as a trait, the usage of the trick is as unique to each
individual, as it is susceptable to the cultural norms in which the
individual matures.

That's not to say that there's not a common thread in all religions, that
might in fact identify a universal "divine nature" into which we are
evolving as a race. And, not all manipulations of the mind trick are bad,
even if those manipulations are of a religious nature.

The well developed mind trick gives us power over self, and empowers us to
love, accept, and forgive ourselves, and others, in spite of any apparent
unfair distribution of natural resources (health, shelter, companionship)..

This is my experience, and the evidence I "see" in myself, and in others.

What then shall we say about religion?

The generic, common, and overall "good news" (Gospel) of the prophets of
scriptures past (in all religious texts that I've exposed myself to:
Christian, Muslim, Taoism, Bhuddism, Judaism), is that "God", however
defined, is operating in our favor, in our corner, and that this divine will
for us (any of us, and all of us, not one particular group or religion) is
only, always, and continually good.

The scripturally proported divine will is for us is to be healthy of mind
and body, with shelter and companionship, in service to one another, for
sake of the divine will itself.

Personal experience breeds evidence that belief in the existence of this
divine goodwill is a source of fuel for the mind trick, further empowering
and increasing our strength of will over our more base nature. This, in
turn, convinces the mind further of the existence of that same divine
goodwill.

The mind trick creates a self fulfilling prophecy which breeds evidence for
the divine existence, in support of whatever particular religion you find
yourself.

Checked and matured through an act of will, careful science, and education,
madness is avoided or cured, and eventually even the religious mind becomes
capable of understanding the trick, and concluding that God does not need to
exist, for us to be good, and to have good lives.

Paradoxically, we are granted the divine will and power to be good whether
there is a divine force behind creation (and evolution) or not, because of
the mind trick. We can therefore declare that our human experience of
"seeing god" in this or that, is not evidence of God's existence, but of
the trick.

To base god belief on the mind trick experience, is the opposite of faith.
This might be why the Toa Te Ching states early on that (paraphrased) "the
divine source that can be identified, isn't the divine source". If there
_is_ a divine source at work in creation, you _can't_ know it, because of
the trick. You have to accept or deny the existence of God purely on faith,
outside of any personal experience, learned knowledge, or religious
discipline. As a result of that fact, no one religion or belief system can
truly define God.

-Steve Paul
(ChristHindTaoBhudJudMuslian)

Old September 25th 09, 10:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Sep 24, 8:10*pm, "Steve Paul" wrote:
As a result of that fact, no one religion or belief system can
truly define God.

-Steve Paul
(ChristHindTaoBhudJudMuslian)

Given enough iterations it might be possible to invent a passive and
benign religion. One which does not recognise hierarchy and respects
all others equally. Hierarchy assumes dominance over others for the
benefit of a few to the disadvantage of the many. Most present
religions reinforce male dominance and raise the status of the fat
controllers in ascending tiers above the common man and woman. This is
most religion's critical weakness because it causes friction,
dehumanising practices and general resentment. Particularly amongst
the educated and open minded. Views which must be tightly controlled
by strict and complex rules invented solely by those who are least
desirable as leaders of anything as important as how people actually
live their short and finite lives. Where religious dogma flies in the
face of simple logic and common sense then something is very wrong
indeed.

If I have a belief it is that humans becomes more equal with each
passing generation except in strongly religious societies. This has
nothing to do with the corruption that is communism but more of a
natural evolution of seeing the unfairness of the distribution of
power and wealth through the eyes of the global media. The old sense
of apathy and powerlessness in the face of so many wrongs is finally
beginning to find a more general voice. One which was silenced in the
60s and 70s by buying off the caring new youth movement with wealth
beyond their wildest dreams. Only the young have the strength and
independence to fight the terrifying apathy which is the inevitable
result of failure to cause change for the better either personally or
collectively. Once they are locked into raising a family and providing
comfort and shelter within the corrupting economic system there is no
freedom left to change anything. The fact that dictators still exist
on this planet is proof enough that the system, and religions in
particular, cannot respond constructively to such evils. In fact many
religions thrive in close orbits around the corrupt power at the
centre of nations which are crushed by abject poverty, hunger and
misery.

Old September 27th 09, 05:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Nowhereman

Default The Existence of God

On Sep 24, 8:10 pm, "Steve Paul" wrote:
As a result of that fact, no one religion or belief system can
truly define God.

-

As God only excist in the encephalons of the religious,
they can think of some way to define him.

Pete