ASTRO: NGC 7331 B&W

Old December 8th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 7331 B&W

Here's just the lum exposure. I should have exposed for longer.

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n7331-bw.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	213
Old December 8th 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

Perhaps its just me but I think I can see more galaxies in the B&W image
George. Excellent shot. Clear Skyz, LA

Old December 8th 06, 06:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

It's a most respectable image of that neat galaxy group George... even with
the short exposure. Nice job on the processing too... can see way down to
the core.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old December 9th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very nice image George. NGC 7331 is not an easy object and you got fine
detail.
I have to admit that I like the b&w version better, an effect that I have
noticed on my own (poor) colour efforts also....

Stefan

Old December 10th 06, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote
Very nice image George. NGC 7331 is not an easy object and you got fine
detail.
I have to admit that I like the b&w version better, an effect that I have
noticed on my own (poor) colour efforts also....
Perhaps its just me but I think I can see more galaxies in the B&W image
George. Excellent shot. Clear Skyz, LA

Stefan, Larry:

I just didn't get enough color data. It may have been high cloud. This
group needs a very deep image.

George N