how technical is Einstein's book on relativity?

Old December 6th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36

Default how technical is Einstein's book on relativity?

Alan Dillard wrote:
Looking for opinions from anyone who has read The Meaning of Relativity. I
collect books in fine bindings for my home library and found a very nice
copy of The Meaning of Relativity on eBay below, but was wondering if a
non-scientist would find it interesting. Or is it a bit too technical? If
it's an interesting read, I think I'll bid on it.

There is nothing technical about the exotic 1905 concept,it amounts to
being an expansion or rather the conclusion of Newton's celestial
sphere concepts while basing it on the 1898 fictional novel by H.G.
Wells ,the sci-fi classic -'The Time Machine' -

"Really this is what is meant by the Fourth Dimension, though some
people who talk about the Fourth Dimension do not know they mean it. It
is only another way of looking at Time. There is no difference between
time and any of the three dimensions of space except that our
consciousness moves along it. But some foolish people have got hold of
the wrong side of that idea. "

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

You only have to remember that the excerpt above could be found in any
science fiction section of a bookstore in 1898 while Albert's version
appeared half a decade later.I like relativity because it finally
brought to the surface the celestial sphere core lurking at the center
of Newton's work,if you want to know what this means graphically,let me
show you whgere they are getting 'warped space' -

http://www.opencourse.info/astronomy...phere_anim.gif

'Understanding' relativity is a poisoned chalice,just go to
sci.physics.relativity to see what happens to people when they get
caught up in wordplays by using the celestial arena as a backdrop.

Old December 6th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

oriel36 wrote:
Alan Dillard wrote:
[...]

And @ 65,000 Kperrrrrhowmanyvectorswasthatagain.. here is another
insight:
http://hometown.aol.com/astroequation/mathone.htm

Old December 7th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message , Alan Dillard
writes
Looking for opinions from anyone who has read The Meaning of Relativity. I
collect books in fine bindings for my home library and found a very nice
copy of The Meaning of Relativity on eBay below, but was wondering if a
non-scientist would find it interesting. Or is it a bit too technical? If
it's an interesting read, I think I'll bid on it.

Go for it. :-)
You probably don't need me reminding you to look at Abebooks or similar
to judge how high you should go.
Your post has generated a remarkable amount of BS!
Old December 7th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Dunn[_1_]

You-know-who is in my killfile so I miss all the fun. But I was starting to
resent the waste of electrons.
"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message , Alan Dillard
writes

Old December 15th 06, 12:09 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
TeaTime

A condensed unified presentation intended for one who has already gone
through a standard text and digested the mechanics of tensor theory and the
physical basis of relativity. Einstein's little book then serves as an
excellent tying-together of loose ends and as a broad survey of the subject.
I'd say it was fairly technical and not ideal for those unfamiliar with
tensor mathematics.