A Hopeful Future for Mankind, by Louis J. Halle

Old December 23rd 03, 07:39 AM
GG

Default A Hopeful Future for Mankind, by Louis J. Halle

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_colonization):

Louis J. Halle, formerly of the United States Department of State,
wrote in Foreign Affairs (Summer 1980) that the colonization of space
will protect humanity in the event of global nuclear warfare.

http://www.freewebs.com/ahopeful/index.htm

Opening paragraph:
"The first question to which I here address myself is that of
what chance humankind has of forever escaping such nuclear
warfare as might largely foreclose any possibility of a hopeful
future. The second is that of what provision our kind might make
for the retention of a hopeful future in any case."