Good supplier experience

Old August 19th 03, 04:04 AM
Mike Jones

Default Good supplier experience

I had a good business experience with Camera Concepts in Patchogue NY I
wanted to pass on. I bought a CCD camera eyepiece from them while at
Texas Star Party this past May. It is a standard 1/3" video color chip,
mounted in a barrel that fits a 1.25" eyepiece. It is the Eye on the
Sky color video eyepiece you can see at
http://www.cameraconcepts.com/store/c154.html. Just cost $120.00 and
the demo Camera Concepts had set up at TSP gave good video. It looked
simple for video-ing the Moon and brighter planets, so I bought one.

As I drove back home I thought maybe I should have plugged the one I
bought in just to make sure. Oh well, too late, it's probably OK. I
got home, got busy with other things, and it sat on the shelf for a
while. Then one afternoon I thought I'd give it a try through the 16"
that evening. I plugged it in, and nothing. The power LED came on but
no video, nada. I still had the receipt, so I called CC and visited
with Jeffrey Norwood there and told him it didn't work. Without even a
hesitation, he said to box it up and send it back to them. I sent it
off, and about 4 days later talked with them. They said surprise, the
camera was OK, but the power supply was not giving the correct voltage!
I didn't suspect that, as the LED was on, but I did notice the camera
getting hot. They tried a different power supply and the camera worked
fine. But with the concern that running that camera with improper
voltage might have damaged it in the long run, they sent me a complete
new camera set, and checked it before sending it. It came today (only a
week later), I just hooked it up, and it works great.

This quick and pleasant response by itself speaks highly of this
company. But the enclosed note written by Stephanie Norwood nailed it.
"Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, and have fun". That says it
all, don't it? A very good bunch to do business with!
Mike

Old August 19th 03, 05:22 AM
Tom Hole

"Mike Jones" wrote in message
I had a good business experience with Camera Concepts in Patchogue NY I
wanted to pass on.

snip

Mike

Mike,

I had a wonderful experience with them as well. I visited their booth at
the Mason Dixon Star Party and asked a lot of questions about binoviewers
and ep's and finders and the Televue 85. Even with the rain pouring down
outside, he found the time to answer all my questions and never pressured me
with a sales pitch. I ended up buying a $100 worth of accessories I didn't
need and really felt good about the whole thing. So, two thumbs up and a
Laurel and Hardy handshake for CC.

Clear skies,

Tom