astro: m31

Old September 13th 08, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default astro: m31

Very good image, lots of signal. Even better with colour saturation turned
down a bit.

Stefan

"John N. Gretchen III" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
15x15 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%
full size here,
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/m31_full_crop.jpg

--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

Old September 14th 08, 04:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Since your weather station seems to have stayed up and shows no high
winds I assume you were far enough west to get little severe weather
there. Though you can keep those 90 degree temperatures. Barometer
shows an interesting graph as Ike went by. Is the zero rain reading right?

Rick

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

my wx station
http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapi...tion=KTXPORTO3

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

WX Report N5JNG John Seadrift TX 7:00pmCDT Wind NNW 24mph gst 32.2mph
baro 29.42F

rod wrote:

John - fortunately you are going to be on the backside of Ike; this
should help a lot both with surge and wind but the wind field was
enormous thru the Keys and it took three days just to get to dropping
small craft advisories in the bay! You should be fine. We had
highway US1 flooded only in the upper Keys. - take care and stay dry!
- Rod

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

Thanks Richard, Ike should miss me and hit the Houston area....

Richard Crisp wrote:

Nice shot John but a bit red to me,.

What's up with Ike?

John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

Old September 14th 08, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

no power loss and no rain..... I'm still putting the house and
observatory back together from packing everything up to evacuate... a
real pain in the you know what

Old September 14th 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

It beats putting them back together after they have been spread over 5
counties or drown under an inland sea. Up here I've had two tornados
come closer to me this year than any did when I lived for 60 years in
tornado alley. Though forest fire is our biggest threat as our only way
out is through the forest. Seems no place is safe from nature.

Even ducking hurricanes you are getting in more imaging time than the
weather here allows.

Good luck getting it all back together again.

Rick

Old September 14th 08, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod[_3_]

Hi John;
My parents just called from Dayton Ohio - trees down, power out. Yep -
you were on the backside, I took the right front quad ... glad to hear
your good fortune. I've had 4 eyes cross our Key West radar so far this
year. I finally took down the scope for Ike and moved everything to my
office which is cat 5 rated (second floor - cat 3 first floor). I've
got a lot of field work backed up in the Dry Tortugas so I'm keeping
everything down till late October.

I did not believe it at the time but you were correct - Ike got to both
of us!!
-Rod