astro: display brightness?

Old June 26th 08, 02:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp

Default astro: display brightness?

they are all resolvable on my 24" samsung LCD

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
m...
on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Old June 26th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Beta Persei

a & b are quite the same on my Fujitsu 15" laptop lcd screen. All the others
are resolved.
--
Clear skies,
--------

remove "_nospam" to reply

Old June 26th 08, 06:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW[_3_]

on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

17" Belinea LCD monitor here with an Asus GeForce 6600 graphics card on
Windows XP Home SP3.
In daylight and I see all the shades.

Menno

Old June 26th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:22:52 -0500, "John N. Gretchen III"
wrote:

on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?

R to Z look the same. I can turn the brightness up and they all look
different, but that's dazzling. I like a dark screen.

Fellows, it's often easier to just give in to your wife. I mean, what's your word against thousands of hers?
Old June 26th 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Filip Lolic

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
m...
on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?

All shades are easily resolved on my NEC 20wgx2.

### http://disi.pondi.hr/ ###
@ N43.52145, E16.54027

Old June 26th 08, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

With my ViewSonic VX1945wm-3 all levels can be resolved, y and z not
easily, a and b very earily.

Old June 26th 08, 09:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev Lawrence

Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop

All shades visible, im quite impressed by it

Kev

Old June 27th 08, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Thanks for everyone's help! I have replace my monitor with a samsung
syncmaster 2232bw, and video card with a NVIDIA GeForce 7300se/7200gs. I
can now see all 26 shades!

Old June 27th 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"John N. Gretchen III" schreef in bericht
m...
on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

I can see all different shades easily on my Dell 2405FPW LCD screen!