Astro: April Fool?

Old April 10th 08, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default Astro: April Fool?

George Normandin wrote:

"Stefan Lilge" wrote

Hey, now that you are retired you can go imaging every clear night (if the
bears let you).
Of course with the current weather it won't make much of a difference, but
at least theoretically you could ;-)

Stefan,

My wife says that I can go live at the observatory as long as I leave the
check books and credit cards at home!

George N

That's why I image from inside the house -- 20 miles from the nearest
shopping town.

Rick

Old April 10th 08, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Edward Erbeck

"George Normandin" wrote (among other things):

After a month of being retired I've concluded that it's better than
working - snow or not!

Congrats George. Now here's a saying you can Live By!.

Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do The Day After! ;-)

Crazy Ed

Old April 10th 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Stefan Lilge" wrote

Rick, that's probably more snow than we had in Berlin in the last two
years altogether...

Stefan

I played golf twice this week so far. The forecast for next week is "snow",
but I bet that it will just be some slushy stuff at night. I've had enough
snow for this year Rick can keep it at least until fall!

.....and last night my wife and I watched the moon approach the Pleiades
with a small scope on the back deck and today I drove up to Kopernik to
check on the 20-inch which others reported as being dead. I found that it
worked fine, but the drive electronics might be failing.

After a month of being retired I've concluded that it's better than
working - snow or not!

George N

After 3 years of retirement I'm finding I need to get a job so I can get
a vacation and catch up on everything I've been too busy to do.

Rick

Old April 11th 08, 05:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Edward Erbeck" wrote
"George Normandin" wrote (among other things):

After a month of being retired I've concluded that it's better than
working - snow or not!

Congrats George. Now here's a saying you can Live By!.

Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do The Day After! ;-)

Crazy Ed

Ed,

Here's a copy of my appointment calendar:

nothing scheduled

George N

Old April 11th 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote
After 3 years of retirement I'm finding I need to get a job so I can get a
vacation and catch up on everything I've been too busy to do.

Rick,

You're not the first person to warn me of this problem!

My vision of retirement is golf, astronomy, more golf, more astronomy,
hiking, canoeing, etc

My wife's vision of retirement is me wearing a leather tool belt and
carrying lotsa power tools, with a copy of "How to repair anything" in my
pocket!

George N