astro: finished observatory

Old January 1st 08, 05:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
G[_2_]

Default astro: finished observatory

Looks very good enjoy sir...

"john" wrote in message
m...
I need a name for it now. I wanted to use "Mole Hill Observatory" but
seems there is one in Australia called "Mount Molehill Observatory". Not
the same but close.
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Old January 1st 08, 07:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

john wrote:

sorry Richard, look he
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/

Richard Crisp wrote:

I'd like to see it but the image posting did not make it through on my
server

any chance you could send a link to the image on a website?

John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

When you have to put your observatory on a mole hill to get some elevation
you know you are in a flat land. That is a unique name!

and low too. Usually the radio transmitter towers are the physically highest
places in a lot of coastal Texas counties

Rick

Old January 1st 08, 07:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

finally saw it, nice John

i sure like the way those skies look down there...

m...

Old January 1st 08, 04:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Azz

Lovely job John. Look forward to seeing new images from this location and
equipment.

Regards

Azz

Old January 2nd 08, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
jerry

John its bugging me so will ask: what's all of the pipe
around the pier about? Nice observatory.
Jerry

john wrote:

I need a name for it now. I wanted to use "Mole Hill Observatory" but
seems there is one in Australia called "Mount Molehill Observatory". Not
the same but close.
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Old January 2nd 08, 02:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
john

The base of the pier is a round wooden pole similar to a telephone pole.
It is pressure treated for sal****er, ~10" diameter and 6 feet in the
ground with about 3 feet above ground. Now to your question, I have used
the same pier in three different locations now (a real pain to get back
out of the ground) and it was too short for this location (observatory
walls taller that last time) so the pipes simply extend the pier to the
desired height.