ASTRO:I got a Luna shot :)

Old December 9th 06, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

Default ASTRO:I got a Luna shot :) - "Moon.jpg" 30.8 kBytes yEnc

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 00:27:03 -0500, "G" wrote:

yenc = yuck...

Oh for goodness sake.

You have reached the CPX-2000 Voice Blackmail System. Your voice patterns are now being digitally encoded and stored for later use. Once this is done, our computers will be able to use the sound of YOUR voice for literally thousands of illegal and immoral purposes. There is no charge for this initial consultation. However our staff of professional extortionists will contact you in the near future to further explain the benefits of our service, and to arrange for your schedule of payment. Remember to speak clearly at the sound of the tone. Thank you.
Old December 9th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

Default ASTRO:I got a Luna shot :)

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:00:11 GMT, Aidan Karley
lid wrote:

In article , Starman
wrote:
and i took this one too

The wife was saying that she'd seen a lovely Moon-bow last
night, while walking down from the bus-stop through "Mugger's Alley". I
think she'll be wanting to upgrade her phone for a camera phone before
too much longer.
Hmm, have to think about the implications of that. I'm not
terribly happy with the size or handling of my camera phone, but the
contract doesn't complete until May or so.

Contracts are a bad idea. If I nick your phone I can make huge
quantities of calls at your expense.

"His idea of safe sex is an `X' spray-painted on the rump of animals that are known to kick."
Old December 10th 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

yenc code isn't that good... why do peps still use it?...

Old December 11th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Aidan Karley

In article , Peter Hucker
wrote:
Contracts are a bad idea. If I nick your phone I can make huge
quantities of calls at your expense.

*If* you manage to get hold of my phone *without* me knowing it.
Which is why it lives in my shirt pocket (the wife is on PAYG, but
keeps her phone in her rucksac. Consequently, she needs to know how to
pick up her voice mail. But her liability is limited to the current
balance on the phone.)
Otherside of the coin is - if I need to make a £300 phone call
from an oil rig in rural Azerbaidjan, without pre-planning, I can. (NB
: locally-registered mobile phones in Azerbaidjan couldn't, at that
time, call outside the country without pre-registration with the
government authorities. Which isn't hassle that's worth the effort.

--
Aidan Karley, FGS
Aberdeen, Scotland

Old December 13th 06, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:06:37 -0500, "G" wrote:

yenc code isn't that good... why do peps still use it?...

Elaborate on "isn't that good".

When working with electronics, my best advice is to do whatever it takes to prevent the smoke from leaking out of the components. Electronic parts require the smoke to stay inside to function correctly!
Old December 13th 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:57:52 GMT, Aidan Karley
lid wrote:

In article , Peter Hucker
wrote:
Contracts are a bad idea. If I nick your phone I can make huge
quantities of calls at your expense.

*If* you manage to get hold of my phone *without* me knowing it.

Mine was stolen in France during the night. I knew about it a few
hours later in the morning, but it took me all day to get it
cancelled. This is because O2 (BT subsidiary, hence pile of con
artists) supplied me with a premium rate number to call to report a
stolen phone. It is impossible to call a UK premium number from
abroad. I had to call someone here to get them to cancel it for me.
Kinda difficult as they started asking them to prove they were me.

Which is why it lives in my shirt pocket (the wife is on PAYG, but
keeps her phone in her rucksac. Consequently, she needs to know how to
pick up her voice mail. But her liability is limited to the current
balance on the phone.)
Otherside of the coin is - if I need to make a £300 phone call
from an oil rig in rural Azerbaidjan, without pre-planning, I can. (NB
: locally-registered mobile phones in Azerbaidjan couldn't, at that
time, call outside the country without pre-registration with the
government authorities. Which isn't hassle that's worth the effort.

I'd just call the phone company first and place £300 ion it from my
credit card.

Small Busted Women...
...don't cause a traffic accident every time they bend over in public
...always look younger
...find that dribbled food makes it to the napkin on their lap
...can always see their toes and shoes
...can sleep on their stomachs
...have no trouble sliding behind the wheel of small cars
...know that people can read the entire message on their t-shirts
...know that everything more than a handful is wasted
...can come late to a theater and not disrupt an entire aisle
...can take aerobic class without running the risk of knocking themselves out
Old December 15th 06, 11:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Aidan Karley

In article , Peter Hucker
wrote:
I'd just call the phone company first and place £300 ion it from my
credit card.

Your credit card company accepts telephone instructions from
land lines in central Asian countries? Who are they?, so that I can
avoid them.

--
Aidan Karley, FGS
Aberdeen, Scotland

Old December 15th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:07:25 GMT, Aidan Karley
lid wrote:

In article , Peter Hucker
wrote:
I'd just call the phone company first and place £300 ion it from my
credit card.

Your credit card company accepts telephone instructions from
land lines in central Asian countries? Who are they?, so that I can
avoid them.

A landline?!?! I use the mobile obviously.

You need only two tools in life. WD-40 and duck tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.