What does this mean

Old January 26th 05, 03:15 PM
Pat O'Connell

Rod Mollise wrote:
AOL is crap and here is MORE proof.
Herb

Hi:

Amen. Why do I still have it at home? Inertia. Also, the kids love it.

I think this is the last straw, though. They are really the absolute worst.
That said, they are probably not the only ISP (if we can be so generous to call
AOL and "ISP") that would like to discontinue Usenet to save a few pennies. I
suppose I'll use Deja until I get around to calling Comcast.

Deja was purchased by Google years ago, and is now called "Google
Groups," and is a link on the Google main page.

I have never EVER seen a large business that depends mainly on customer
subscriptions for revenue that is as unresponsive and uninterested in serving
them as is AOL. It's really amazing it its own way.

Yes, they are CRAP with capital "C"! ;-)

Comcast may be pretty good alternative; Cox Cable certainly is. Time to
consider switching.

--
Pat O'Connell
[note munged EMail address]
Old January 29th 05, 09:43 PM
redbelly

rmollise wrote:

Being able to access newsgroups on the web with Google while using
AOL is _not_ the same thing as AOL offering newsgroup access. They
will not be doing so much longer. Not that their reader was

much...you
couldn't use Outlook, either...but it was at least better than the

web, for
god's sake. ;-)

Hi Rod,

Understood they're not the same thing. But does it make a
difference? How is AOL newsgroup access better than the
web (including Google?)

Regards,

Mark