revisiting Apollo

Old July 19th 04, 11:55 PM
Yoda

Can't let go slave. Hahaha...dumbarse

CeeBee wrote:

Yoda wrote in alt.astronomy:

Its about to end, because I will stop responding to the idiots that I
intentionally drag out for all to see. They love this type of
recycling insults and they will never stop, because they cant stop
because they are slaves.

If we're looking for a "slave to insults without stopping" you have
proved yourself at the top of _that_ food chain.

Old July 19th 04, 11:56 PM
Jay Windley

"Yoda" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...

| This newsgroup makes me sick to my stomach...

Yet, strangely, you keep coming back to it. Why?

| because its just a bunch of idiots playing "scientist" while
| sitting in their armchairs mocking anything they dont
| understand.

I'm sitting in my engineering lab.

We keep asking you to tell us what it is we're failing to understand, but
you seem more interested in insults than in getting down to brass tacks.
I've fairly *begged* you to provide examples of my supposed dim wit. But
all you can do is apply the label over and over.

It's very easy to call someone a fool. It's quite a bit more difficult to
show that someone is a fool. Anyone can do the former, so it's no great
accomplishment. Can you do the latter?

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old July 19th 04, 11:56 PM
Jay Windley

Old July 19th 04, 11:57 PM
Yoda

Half of you arent worth responding to. Why don't you show your real
powers of scientific observation and answer my other post on why the Big
Bang is baloney....chicken ****

CeeBee wrote:

Yoda wrote in sci.astro:

What are you the morally majority? Not to mention pretty dimwitted.

Neither. I wish I could claim the same about you.

Old July 19th 04, 11:59 PM
Jaxtraw

"Jay Windley" wrote in message

"Yoda" wrote in message

| What I did find interesting was how emotional stupifying this
| newsgroup got over the mere suggestions of faked footage.

It was not a "mere suggestion". It was a blatant assertion of fact, as

I've
reproduced above. People often respond strongly to allegations of fact

that
are ill-founded. I asked you befo how many lies are too many? How

much
crapola should we allow to persist before saying something about it? What
about "getting a life" requires us to ignore people who impugn our
professions, mentors, or beliefs?

I'd just add here that the main reason I responded is that I find these
assertions regarding Apollo genuinely offensive. The "Moon Hoax" is one of
those conspiracy theories that is quite appealing and it has gained quite
common currency; in these cynical times it's normal (and it has to be said,
too frequently normally right) to question our governments; so many people
who are disaffected with politics will find great comfort in believing that
a government faked the most impressive achievement of the last century.

I was glad that Buzz Aldrin thumped that moon hoaxer who accosted him; and
can quite imagine how enormously angry he and the others involved must feel
to have their whole achievement questioned, and to be accused of being the
most appalling liars. This isn't the Face On Mars or Ancient Astronauts or
such; this is a serious attempt to wipe from the history books a truly
spectacular moment in human history.

Many conspiracy theories seem to be about tearing down the achievements of
others (e.g. David Hockney's ludicrous "all the old artists cheated with
mirrors and lenses" ********[1], which has sadly gained even more acceptance
than the Moon Hoax nonsense). Is this the best we can do as we embark on
this latest millennium; attack and denigrate the greatness achieved in the
past?

I've never achieved anything remotely comparable to what we're discussing
here and never will; but I am happy to admire those who did and vicariously
participate by watching the films, looking at the photos, reading about it
and discussing it. It makes me angry that so many other people are so
jealous that they can't do the same.

/rant

Ian

_____
[1] Also based upon "anomalies" (in paintings rather than pictures),
jealousy (they couldn't have painted that well) and a conspiracy theory
(there is no primary evidence because hundreds of artists for hundreds of
years cloaked their methods in total secrecy).

Old July 19th 04, 11:59 PM
Jaxtraw

Old July 20th 04, 12:00 AM
Wally Anglesea™

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:57:23 GMT, Yoda
wrote:

Half of you arent worth responding to. Why don't you show your real
powers of scientific observation and answer my other post on why the Big
Bang is baloney....chicken ****

Poor baby. Stomping your feet for attention?

Why don't you threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue?

CeeBee wrote:

Yoda wrote in sci.astro:

What are you the morally majority? Not to mention pretty dimwitted.

Neither. I wish I could claim the same about you.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

Old July 20th 04, 12:02 AM
Jaxtraw

"Yoda" wrote in message
. rogers.com...

Jeff Quinn wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:02:57 GMT, in uk.sci.astronomy , Yoda
wrote:

You're the moron to believe that picture which clearly shows moon mud is
dust. Dust doesnt leave footprints.

And you have wide experience of making footprints in fine material in
low-gravity vacuum environments, and can therefore authoritatively state
this.

Yeah ok, moon dust has the consistency of mud due to its low gravity and
lack of an atmosphere.

Um, so snow, being able to retain a footprint, also has the consistency of
mud, does it?

Ian

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ v4 Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 1 November 4th 03 11:52 PM