What if a comet is a moving black hole ???

Old November 29th 05, 04:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

Default What if a comet is a moving black hole ???

I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower, until
we're sucked into the black hole and destroyed.

What can we do to destroy such a movng black hole? Can we use lasers,
nukes or do we need something better ???

Old November 29th 05, 05:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

Eliot Coweye wrote:
I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower, until
we're sucked into the black hole and destroyed.

What can we do to destroy such a movng black hole? Can we use lasers,
nukes or do we need something better ???

First off, time passes "much slower" only in the vicinity of a black
hole. At planetary distances and interstellar distances, the flow of
itme is essentially the same as if the black hole was not there.

Second, nothing gets "sucked" into a black hole. The best description
of them is strongly curved space-time. At best you might fall in if you
get close enough (generally in that same region where time would be
affected), but at planetary distances and interstellar distances, the
gravitational effects of a black hole are no different than the
equivalent mass in the form of a star.

Third, no it is not possible to destroy a black hole by conventional
means that we have available today. Seems that if they encounter other
mass, they take it in and increase their mass by the amount taken in.

Finally, I have no idea how the stuff you stated has anything to do with
the subject line you posted it under.
Old November 29th 05, 11:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

"Eliot Coweye" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower

This morning it was snowing in Italy and I was in a huge highway queue.
Surely a black hole was nearby because time passed so slowly...

Luigi Caselli

Old November 29th 05, 01:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Hi Luigi Did not know it snowed in southern Italy.? It has been
theorized that a black hele the size of a proton hit Siberia,and came
out in the southern Atlantic of South America. It happened 100 years
ago. Bert

Old November 29th 05, 01:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi Luigi Did not know it snowed in southern Italy.? It has been
theorized that a black hele the size of a proton hit Siberia,and came
out in the southern Atlantic of South America. It happened 100 years
ago. Bert

It snows everywhere in Italy these days...

Bert, is a black hele a surfing black hole? See www.helesurf.com
:-)

Luigi Caselli

Old November 29th 05, 03:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

"Eliot Coweye" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower, until
we're sucked into the black hole and destroyed.

What can we do to destroy such a movng black hole? Can we use lasers,
nukes or do we need something better ???

When you get word of a black hole approaching our solar system, stock up
your liquor and beer supplies, because being stretched into a spaghetti is
much funnier when you are drunk.

Old November 29th 05, 07:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Luigi Caselli wrote:
"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi Luigi Did not know it snowed in southern Italy.? It has been
theorized that a black hele the size of a proton hit Siberia,and came
out in the southern Atlantic of South America. It happened 100 years
ago. Bert

It snows everywhere in Italy these days...

[snip]

Luigi Caselli

Only these days?

Is this "more Toubling Planetary News?"

Double-A

Old November 29th 05, 07:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Luigi Did not know it snowed in southern Italy.? It has been
theorized that a black hele the size of a proton hit Siberia,and came
out in the southern Atlantic of South America. It happened 100 years
ago. Bert

While a black hole the mass of a proton would probably not last long, a
black hole the "size" of a proton would have the mass of a mountain,
and would definitely leave a dent. However, the Siberia incident could
also have been a comet which mostly evaporated on impact, leaving no
meteorite debris.

Or it could have been a strangelet!

But usually in science we find that the least exotic explanation turns
out to be the right one.

Double-A

Old November 29th 05, 08:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

Eliot Coweye wrote:
I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower, until
we're sucked into the black hole and destroyed.

What can we do to destroy such a movng black hole? Can we use lasers,
nukes or do we need something better ???

Greetings,
Yeah, it's theoretically possible, but does anyone know how to destroy
a black hole? That would be a trick worth knowing. Lasers and/or nukes
would just get sucked in and that would be that.
Regards,
Ray.
Old November 29th 05, 08:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy,brasil.unix

Eliot Coweye wrote:
I think it's possible that one day, a moving black hole will enter our
solar system, affect timespace and time will pass much slower, until
we're sucked into the black hole and destroyed.

I always thought the following Bible doomsday prophesy pretty well
described what it would look like if the Earth were falling into a
black hole:

Isaiah 34:4
All the host of heaven shall be dissolved, And the heavens shall be
rolled up like a scroll; All their host shall fall down As the leaf
falls from the vine, And as fruit falling from a fig tree.

What can we do to destroy such a movng black hole? Can we use lasers,
nukes or do we need something better ???

Nothing could destroy it.

Better to start humming "Nearer my God to thee"!

Double-A