Space Kids

Old February 24th 05, 11:33 AM
Peter Smith

Default Space Kids

I came across somebody who says they were educated in a "space kids" school
in the late '50s. Is this a known real program? It sounds like the
program concentrated on psychic abilities, remote viewing etc.

These were wacky times with stories coming out of the fUSSR about people
reading with their elbows and psychokenesis. I'm sure many of us remember
all that. The fact that it was all bunkum doesn't discount that the US
would have been researching similar lines. Take MK Ultra for instance.

Are there web/other resources about "space kids" schools?

- Peter

Old February 24th 05, 08:04 PM
Pat Flannery

Peter Smith wrote:

I came across somebody who says they were educated in a "space kids" school
in the late '50s. Is this a known real program? It sounds like the
program concentrated on psychic abilities, remote viewing etc.

Check it out in Gordon Cooper's "Leap Of Faith" sometime; the arrival of
the Space Kid is the beginning of the end for poor Gordo's few shreds of
remaining credibility.

These were wacky times with stories coming out of the fUSSR about people
reading with their elbows and psychokenesis. I'm sure many of us remember
all that. The fact that it was all bunkum doesn't discount that the US
would have been researching similar lines. Take MK Ultra for instance.

MK Ultra was the use of drugs, wasn't it? The Defense Intelligence
Agency, then the CIA, got into a remote viewing operation (Stargate)
that makes for a hilarious documentary that the BBC did called "Remote
Viewing: the real X-files".

Pat
Old February 25th 05, 11:00 AM
Peter Smith

Pat Flannery wrote...
Check it out in Gordon Cooper's "Leap Of Faith" sometime;
the arrival of the Space Kid is the beginning of the end
for poor Gordo's few shreds of remaining credibility.

So you reckon he jumped the shark at that point

MK Ultra was the use of drugs, wasn't it? The Defense
Intelligence Agency, then the CIA, got into a remote
viewing operation (Stargate) that makes for a hilarious
documentary that the BBC did called "Remote Viewing:
the real X-files".

Well, MK Ultra AFAIK was research into mild altering and (hopefully) mind
controlling drugs including the newly discovered lsd, sodium pentothal etc
etc.. Of course now it's all hilarious because we know what a dead end it
all was. But according to the lady I've been e mailing with, who was a
'space kid' of the 50s/60s, they used remote viewing, altered states,
possibly drugs. Probably good reason to keep it wrapped up. But really,
by the standards of the time the Govt -should- have been covering all the
bases, especially when the USSR were getting some sort of edge in these
'sciences'.

I just wondered what was known publicly. Maybe it was some outpost
university that was funded to do stuff at arm's length (from the Govt.) a
la scene 1 in Ghostbusters1. Maybe it was a bigger program. Maybe it's
all imaginary.

- Peter

--
If e mailing, take the spam block out.

Old February 25th 05, 01:48 PM
Allen Thomson

Peter Smith wrote:

I just wondered what was known publicly. Maybe it
was some outpost university that was funded to do
stuff at arm's length (from the Govt.) a la scene 1
in Ghostbusters1. Maybe it was a bigger program.
Maybe it's all imaginary.

I don't know about the 1950s, but in the 1970s and maybe late '60s
much of the gummint's paranormal stuff was being done at Stanford
Research Institute by Hal Puthoff and Russell Targ. One of them,
I think it was Targ, subsequently wrote a book about it.

Old February 25th 05, 05:55 PM
Pat Flannery

Peter Smith wrote:

Check it out in Gordon Cooper's "Leap Of Faith" sometime;
the arrival of the Space Kid is the beginning of the end
for poor Gordo's few shreds of remaining credibility.

So you reckon he jumped the shark at that point

Or The Space Kid; the whole incident has a male menopause feel to it in
the book.

MK Ultra was the use of drugs, wasn't it? The Defense
Intelligence Agency, then the CIA, got into a remote
viewing operation (Stargate) that makes for a hilarious
documentary that the BBC did called "Remote Viewing:
the real X-files".

Well, MK Ultra AFAIK was research into mild altering and (hopefully) mind
controlling drugs including the newly discovered lsd, sodium pentothal etc
etc.. Of course now it's all hilarious because we know what a dead end it
all was. But according to the lady I've been e mailing with

Her name isn't Valerie Ransone, is it?

, who was a
'space kid' of the 50s/60s,

You make sure she's a real space kid...ask to see the Space Kid Control
Number tattooed on the back of her neck in UV fluorescing ink. Also see
if she can bend her little fingers, real space kids can't. ;-)

Pat
Old February 25th 05, 09:17 PM
Peter Smith

Pat Flannery wrote...
Her name isn't Valerie Ransone, is it?

Nope

You make sure she's a real space kid...ask to see the
Space Kid Control Number tattooed on the back of her
neck in UV fluorescing ink. Also see if she can bend
her little fingers, real space kids can't. ;-)

Thanks for the tip.
I'll check any findings with David Vincent

- Peter