Hubble. Alive and Well

Old January 19th 04, 09:15 AM
VTrade

Default Hubble. Alive and Well

When did Hubble break down? Just when the controversy over its ownership started.

I say Hubble is not only alive and well but probably looking out at the Stars right now. Even if it isn't it is in a Geosycronous orbital path at 96,000 miles above the Earth. Trust me - I know!
This means that at the current rate of decay - it will fall to Earth in about 2,000 Years. Now isn't it nice for the well informed President of the United States to waist all our time in telling us that it will fall down on Earth but not when? Yes it is - because he just wants all of us non US Hivers to believe that Hubble is Dead!

Well I say that someone soon is going to be up there in a non US Space Craft (maybe mine) and they are going to say "turn off the propulsion because I am going to fix it" wait a minute..didn't that thing move yesterday? Why yes it did. Well maybe just the propulsion is working on this dam thing.

It doesn't work that well anyways since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the International Hubble Telescope and if you US Hivers don't stop calling a United States Telescope I am going to drag your sorry ass into the world Court and then you might even see a fair trial for once for a US Citizen!

For more on Hubble - check out my Web Site

http://www.user.dccnet.com/vtrade/hubble.html

Old January 19th 04, 09:35 AM
Charleston

"VTrade" wrote:

When did Hubble break down? Just when the controversy over its ownership

started.

I say Hubble is not only alive and well but probably looking out at the

Stars right now. Even if it isn't it is in a Geosycronous orbital path at
96,000 miles above the Earth. Trust me - I know!

Geosynchronous orbit is about 22.5K miles and the Hubble is in low earth
orbit (around 300 miles or so). Chandra flies in an elliptical orbit
roughly close to your 96K mile reference. .Is that what you are referring
to?

This means that at the current rate of decay - it will fall to Earth in

about 2,000 Years.

Nope.

Now isn't it nice for the well informed President of the United States to

waist all our time in telling us that it will fall down on Earth but not
when? Yes it is -
because he just wants all of us non US Hivers to believe that Hubble is

Dead!

Well I say that someone soon is going to be up there in a non US Space

Craft (maybe mine) and they are going to say "turn off the propulsion
because I am
going to fix it" wait a minute..didn't that thing move yesterday? Why yes

it did. Well maybe just the propulsion is working on this dam thing.

Ohtay.

It doesn't work that well anyways since there is absolutely nothing wrong

with the International Hubble Telescope and if you US Hivers don't stop
calling a
United States Telescope I am going to drag your sorry ass into the world

Court and then you might even see a fair trial for once for a US Citizen!

LOL.

For more on Hubble - check out my Web Site

I am thinking you know Guth.

http://www.user.dccnet.com/vtrade/hubble.html

Yep.

--

Daniel
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Old January 19th 04, 10:07 AM
Ool

"Charleston" wrote in message news:SEMOb.38511$Ar1.22891@fed1read04...
"VTrade" wrote:

When did Hubble break down? Just when the controversy over its ownership
started.

I say Hubble is not only alive and well but probably looking out at the
Stars right now. Even if it isn't it is in a Geosycronous orbital path at
96,000 miles above the Earth. Trust me - I know!

Geosynchronous orbit is about 22.5K miles and the Hubble is in low earth
orbit (around 300 miles or so). Chandra flies in an elliptical orbit
roughly close to your 96K mile reference. .Is that what you are referring
to?

This means that at the current rate of decay - it will fall to Earth in
about 2,000 Years.

I'm pretty sure most people have no idea where exactly things are and
about the distances involved...

If Hubble were in GEO (36,000km) we couldn't have even reached it for
servicing before. No person has ventured out into space further than
around 550km in the last 30 years. They may have flown past the
Moon's far side once, but that was long ago. Every endeavour since
then has meant splashing around on the beach, just a bit off-shore.

Bush addressed this fact in his speech.

From that alone you can deduce that Hubble must be orbiting quite
close. *People* went there after it.

--
__ “A good leader knows when it’s best to ignore the __
('__` screams for help and focus on the bigger picture.” '__`)

Old January 19th 04, 01:19 PM
Brian Gaff

I'd take more water with it in future, mate. Either that or you are
suffering from a brain degenerative disease, and might need medication.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff....
Email:

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old January 19th 04, 02:09 PM
Peter Harding

In article ,
says...
http://www.user.dccnet.com/vtrade/hubble.html

It's raving kook nonsense, but for once it's well turned-out. There's no
200-point type exclaiming that the surface of Saturn is at about 2000
deg; it's just quietly stated, and with appropriate and attractively
laid out pictures.

Splendid web pages. Drooling nonsense, but very beautiful. Recommended.

--
ICQ 40628243 Tel 07092057581 Fax 07092308800
Old January 19th 04, 05:25 PM
By-Tor

VTrade wrote:
snip

http://w0rli.home.att.net/youare.swf

Old January 20th 04, 08:05 AM
starman

"VTrade" wrote:

[...]

From that alone you can deduce that Hubble must be orbiting quite
close. *People* went there after it.

If the US abandons Hubble can another country claim the salvage rights
to it? Maybe this is why the US would rather deorbit it than place it in
a higher orbit for safe keeping.

Old January 20th 04, 04:00 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"starman" wrote in message

If the US abandons Hubble can another country claim the salvage rights
to it? Maybe this is why the US would rather deorbit it than place it in
a higher orbit for safe keeping.

No. There's really no concept of salvage rights in space since there's
really no way to abandon something (legally) in space.

Old January 20th 04, 05:02 PM
Andre Lieven

"Greg D. Moore \" ) writes:
"starman" wrote in message

If the US abandons Hubble can another country claim the salvage rights
to it? Maybe this is why the US would rather deorbit it than place it in
a higher orbit for safe keeping.

No. There's really no concept of salvage rights in space since there's
really no way to abandon something (legally) in space.

Besides, no one else has a vehicle that can take aboard something the
size of the HST, and return it to the ground...

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old January 21st 04, 02:20 AM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

January 20, 2004

Peter Harding wrote in message :

In article ,
says...
http://www.user.dccnet.com/vtrade/hubble.html

It's raving kook nonsense,

No, it's not raving, it seems well researched, but it's almost as if
the 3 by 5 notecards or the spreadsheet data got shuffled somehow, the
evidence is all mixed up with the subjects.

but for once it's well turned-out. There's no
200-point type exclaiming that the surface of Saturn is at about 2000
deg; it's just quietly stated, and with appropriate and attractively
laid out pictures.

Splendid web pages. Drooling nonsense, but very beautiful. Recommended.

You've got to expect that kind of thing, when you put a supercomputer
in every telephone, and a telephone in every supercomputer. It seems
well positioned for first to market with designer Saturnware, when
Cassini data start rolling in ...

I propose the next discovered Saturnian moonlet be named 'Vtrade' in
his or her honour.

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net