19th Cent. Image of Comet Tearing Earth Apart

Old November 10th 03, 12:20 AM
JimO

Default 19th Cent. Image of Comet Tearing Earth Apart

I'm looking for a jpg of that late 19th century drawing showing a demonic
comet hitting earth, tearing the planet apart with its comet arms. Is it
available on the 'net anywhere? I've tried the search engines but can't
describe it precisely enough to avoid being swamped by thousands of
candidate hits. Thanks!

JimO
www.jamesoberg.com

Old November 10th 03, 01:51 AM
Pat Flannery

JimO wrote:

I'm looking for a jpg of that late 19th century drawing showing a demonic
comet hitting earth, tearing the planet apart with its comet arms. Is it
available on the 'net anywhere? I've tried the search engines but can't
describe it precisely enough to avoid being swamped by thousands of
candidate hits. Thanks!

I know exactly the one you are talking about. Bet you didn't think of
doing "comet cartoon" on Google, did ya?
http://www.boulder.swri.edu/clark/chance/23oldcom.jpg

Pat

Old November 10th 03, 03:22 AM
Martin Lewicki

Pat Flannery wrote in
:

JimO wrote:

I'm looking for a jpg of that late 19th century drawing showing a demonic
comet hitting earth, tearing the planet apart with its comet arms. Is it
available on the 'net anywhere? I've tried the search engines but can't
describe it precisely enough to avoid being swamped by thousands of
candidate hits. Thanks!

I know exactly the one you are talking about. Bet you didn't think of
doing "comet cartoon" on Google, did ya?
http://www.boulder.swri.edu/clark/chance/23oldcom.jpg

Pat

Must say the comet looks positively manic. And as for the moon looking on
with smarmy bemusement seems hardly aware of his imminent his fate about to
be cast into orbital exile when there is no earth to keep him in a regular
orbit any longer.

Martin Lewicki
Old November 10th 03, 03:40 AM
JimO

That's IT, I just didn't know the right interrogatory descriptors.

That's why googling is still an art and not a science.

jimO

Old November 10th 03, 04:20 AM
Joseph Nebus

"JimO" writes:

That's IT, I just didn't know the right interrogatory descriptors.

That's why googling is still an art and not a science.

It's more like the bonus round in the $25,000 Pyramid.
("gemini" "lunar orbit" "centaur" "pete conrad" ... ding!)

Joseph Nebus
Old November 10th 03, 07:40 AM
Pat Flannery

JimO wrote:

That's IT, I just didn't know the right interrogatory descriptors.

That's why googling is still an art and not a science.

jimO

And besides being A ROCKET SCIENTIST, I am also AN ARTIST! You know of
any site that has nude pictures of Loni Anderson? You owe me one....

Pat

Old November 10th 03, 04:54 PM
JimO

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
And besides being A ROCKET SCIENTIST, I am also AN ARTIST! You know of
any site that has nude pictures of Loni Anderson? You owe me one....

Just succeeded in getting the image I wanted of the 1972 'Rocky mountain
meteor' over the grand Tetons.

The trick was to NOT over-describe it -- finally I scored with "1972 Meteor"
with 75 hits, all garbage but three shots I wanted.

Old November 10th 03, 06:35 PM
Pat Flannery

JimO wrote:

You know of
any site that has nude pictures of Loni Anderson? You owe me one....

Just succeeded in getting the image I wanted of the 1972 'Rocky mountain
meteor' over the grand Tetons.

The trick was to NOT over-describe it -- finally I scored with "1972 Meteor"
with 75 hits, all garbage but three shots I wanted.

You may be on to something here...let's see..."Large Breasts"... WOW, I
got a LOT of hits on that one!

Pat

Old November 10th 03, 07:14 PM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

JimO wrote:

You know of
any site that has nude pictures of Loni Anderson? You owe me one....

Just succeeded in getting the image I wanted of the 1972 'Rocky mountain
meteor' over the grand Tetons.

The trick was to NOT over-describe it -- finally I scored with "1972
Meteor"
with 75 hits, all garbage but three shots I wanted.

You may be on to something here...let's see..."Large Breasts"... WOW,
I got a LOT of hits on that one!

This is working GREAT! Just LOOK at all the Grand Tetons! "He'll be
coming over the mountains when he comes...he'll be shorting out the
keyboard when he..."
Pat

Old November 11th 03, 03:48 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

You may be on to something here...let's see..."Large Breasts"... WOW, I
got a LOT of hits on that one!

Stop coming on to those men and you'll get fewer hits on them.

Pat