Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before

Old October 18th 11, 02:52 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before

As usual, fairy dust and sprites defy scientific explanation, oh what a
surprise!

Yousuf Khan

"Dark matter" mystery deepens
http://www.world-science.net/otherne...darkmatter.htm

"Over cosmic his*to*ry, cos*mol*o*gists think clumps of dark mat*ter
grew and at*tracted nor*mal mat*ter, form*ing the ga*lax*ies.
Cos*mol*o*gists use pow*er*ful com*put*ers to sim*u*late this pro*cess.
Their sim*ula*t*ions show that dark mat*ter should be densely packed in
the cen*ters of ga*lax*ies. If a dwarf gal*axy were a peach, the
stand*ard cos*mo*lo*g*i*cal mod*el says we should find a dark mat*ter
pit at the cen*ter, ex*plained Jor*ge Pear*ru*bia of the
Uni*vers*ity of Cam*bridge in the U.K., co-au*thor of the new stu*dy.

But mea*sure*ments of two dwarf ga*lax*ies show they con*tain a smooth
dis*tri*bu*tion of dark mat*ter, Walk*er said. So our mea*sure*ments
con*tra*dict a bas*ic pre*diction about the struc*ture of cold dark
mat*ter in dwarf ga*lax*ies. In oth*er words, the first two dwarf
ga*lax*ies we stud*ied are like pit*less peach*es, said Pear*ru*bia."
Old October 18th 11, 03:06 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
G=EMC^2[_2_]

"Dark matter" mystery deepenshttp://www.world-science.net/othernews/111017_darkmatter.htm

[...]

We do not know what forms "dark matter" can take.WIMPS and.MACHOS
=DARK MATTER and Energy I go with WIMPS,and the reason is its thought
to be 65% more than dark matter.Being energy they come to us. Dark
matter is BHs Brown dwarfs space dust and planets.It begs this
question How would you classify a neutrino? TreBert
Old October 18th 11, 03:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
john

On Oct 18, 7:52*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
[...]

The whole reason for inventing dark
matter was to explain galactic rotation curves.
i.e. How do the outer parts of the galaxy
rotate around its center at the same frequency
as inner parts? Something must be all around
OUTSIDE the galaxy drawing the outer edges along
faster than they otherwise would go. Or else our
theory of gravity is wrong, and THAT can't be.

So now the dark matter is at the center? Oh-oh!

So.............why?

john
Old October 18th 11, 04:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Helmut Wabnig

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:52:01 -0400, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

[...]

Jussuf says:
"Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before"

Wabi says:
That's impossible.

w.
Old October 18th 11, 05:55 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
GO-HERE .NL

On Oct 18, 4:42*pm, john wrote:
[...]

Yes, the swirling of the rotary galactic fringes.

Here, this explains the inner workings of the complex,expensive
science thing

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sci...-science,2291/

This should help you.
Old October 18th 11, 07:34 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in -
lp.com:

[...]

All that has been discovered is that the NFW model, in the context of dwarf
galaxies, is wrong. Stupid sensationalism.

arxiv.org/abs/1108.2404

There's a discussion of this in sci.astro.research
Old October 19th 11, 02:52 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Marvin the Martian

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:52:01 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:

As usual, fairy dust and sprites defy scientific explanation, oh what a
surprise!

Yousuf Khan

"Dark matter" mystery deepens
http://www.world-science.net/otherne...darkmatter.htm

"Over cosmic his*to*ry, cos*mol*o*gists think clumps of dark mat*ter
grew and at*tracted nor*mal mat*ter, form*ing the ga*lax*ies.
Cos*mol*o*gists use pow*er*ful com*put*ers to sim*u*late this pro*cess.
Their sim*ula*t*ions show that dark mat*ter should be densely packed in
the cen*ters of ga*lax*ies. “If a dwarf gal*axy were a peach, the
stand*ard cos*mo*lo*g*i*cal mod*el says we should find a dark mat*ter
‘pit’ at the cen*ter,” ex*plained Jor*ge Peñar*ru*bia of the
Uni*vers*ity of Cam*bridge in the U.K., co-au*thor of the new stu*dy.

But mea*sure*ments of two dwarf ga*lax*ies show they con*tain a smooth
dis*tri*bu*tion of dark mat*ter, Walk*er said. So “our mea*sure*ments
con*tra*dict a bas*ic pre*diction about the struc*ture of cold dark
mat*ter in dwarf ga*lax*ies.” In oth*er words, “the first two dwarf
ga*lax*ies we stud*ied are like pit*less peach*es,” said Peñar*ru*bia."

This dark matter silliness gets better and better, doesn't it. If they
taught basic science, we wouldn't be wasting money and time entertaining
this idiot non-science.
Old October 19th 11, 03:35 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Lofty Goat

[...]

Basic prediction? Whose basic prediction? Granted, I'm not convinced
about dark matter, but this contradicts how it'd have to behave if it
were real.

I'm real curious what cosmologists think this, and who they hired to do
their computer work. Given that hypothetical dark matter doesn't
interact electromagnetically, which explains among other things why it is
dark, the mechanism by which it would form concentrations more readily
than electromagnetically interacting matter, visible or otherwise, seems
quite magical.

This brings to mind two posts made here a year or two ago:

One was Marvin the Cartoon Character demanding to know why all dark
matter hadn't already collapsed into black holes. Maybe they're using
MtCC's new and fanciful proposed properties of dark matter. (And got
into writing F&SF as a sideline.)

The other was a scientist named, was it Paul? Pete? He was lamenting
about his computer programmer who could never get a job done on time and
who would code what he wanted rather than what he was paid for. Maybe
they hired his programmer away from him. (And did him a favor.)

--
RLW
Old October 19th 11, 04:45 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
[email protected]

See details at kaggle.com.

--
Ah yes, a very strong brand of anecdotal evidence. Climate science will
be proud. The science remains settled, the consensus unshaken.
Old October 20th 11, 07:54 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 18/10/2011 12:55 PM, GO-HERE .NL wrote:
Yes, the swirling of the rotary galactic fringes.

Here, this explains the inner workings of the complex,expensive
science thing

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sci...-science,2291/

This should help you.

Good article!