Milky Way Moving Away from Void

Old June 18th 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Milky Way Moving Away from Void

From Greysky:

Now, there may be other forms of matter making up the dark content of the
voids, but as the current thought on this dark matter makes it transparent
to electromagnetic fields, starlight from the other side should be observed
when we look at a void with the Hubble, but the voids are totally
featureless - if there were only dark matter of the unknown kind filling the
voids there would be some trace of the galaxies existing on the other side
as light would be able to pass through it unaffected, but there isn't any.

Then there's the alternate and much simpler explanation mentioned in
spatial medium itself. Even without an acceleration component, such
flows would still lens light, generating the appearance of huge
trackless, featureless voids. The "Swiss cheese" look may be greatly
exaggerated by such flow lensing*.
Only under the 'no-medium', space-as-void
doctrine is "dark matter" needed.
oc
*Flow lensing is distinct from 'gravitational lensing'. Gravitation is
the product of, and only of, the acceleration component of a flow,
which imparts momentum to mass. Light, being massless, will be
deflected by *any* flow whether it's accelerating or not.

Old June 18th 07, 06:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
news:sslb73libijoo17m58fs4b0qvakqk9ig38@pasoschwei z.de...
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:19:06 GMT, "greysky"
wrote:

When I get a bit of extra time, I'll OCR it and upload it onto my web site
as a PDF file.

Would be nice of you. You could also send it to my mailaddress maybe
that's easier than posting it to your site. Thanks!

Sure - I can e-mail you a rough copy. Is the address in your header accurate
(The one starting with "Me@...") ? The file size is around a megabyte. The
file was made with Acrobat 8 - and has some comments by me in sticky notes
intersperced throughout the text.

Greysky

Old June 18th 07, 01:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc What if gravitational lensing from distant galaxies is aways taking
place. Some greatly focused some with little focus,but all having some
bending of the light waves. Makes good sense that radio waves might get
bent?? After all both are created by vibrations. bert PS if this is
reality than the universe might be bigger than the way our eyes can see
it.

Old June 18th 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Jun 18, 5:47 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

What if gravitational lensing from distant galaxies is aways taking
place?

Not just 'gravitational' lensing, Bert, but large-scale flow lensing.
A non-accelerating flow will still lens light.

Makes good sense that radio waves might get
bent??

Of course. It's all EM radiation.

.. if this is reality than the universe might be bigger than the way our eyes can see it.

If all lensing effects were to be nulled out, the large-scale
structuring of the supercluster field *might* be quite different than
it appears.
Of course if there is 'no medium' then you gotta
have "dark matter" to explain the lensing.
oc

Old June 19th 07, 06:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
news:r18d73trddf16jl29d7u7muqekk6qkpg1f@pasoschwei z.de...
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:03:08 -0700, "greysky"
wrote:

Sure - I can e-mail you a rough copy. Is the address in your header
accurate
(The one starting with "Me@...") ? The file size is around a megabyte. The
file was made with Acrobat 8 - and has some comments by me in sticky notes
intersperced throughout the text.

That would be very kind of you! And yes, this mailaddress works.
#C.

Consider it done :-)

greysky