Shenzhou 6 booster tumbling?

Old October 16th 05, 03:17 PM
William R Thompson

Default Shenzhou 6 booster tumbling?

This morning the Shenzhou 6 booster appeared to change
in brightness several times during its pass; also, it
appeared a minute later than predicted on H-A. It was
steady and on schedule yesterday. Has it vented fuel
or otherwise maneuvered?

--Bill Thompson

Old October 19th 05, 03:49 PM

Hi Bill,

I saw the booster on 10/18 and it did the same change in brightness but
was 12 minutes later than the predicted Shenzhou 6 module.

Do you know if H-A has data for the booster itself? I didn't find
anything.

Thanks,
SteveS

Old October 19th 05, 03:59 PM
William R Thompson

wrote:

Hi Bill,

I saw the booster on 10/18 and it did the same change in brightness but
was 12 minutes later than the predicted Shenzhou 6 module.

Do you know if H-A has data for the booster itself? I didn't find
anything.

The booster is identified as a CZ-2F R/B, with International designation
code 05-040B and Spacecom # 28880.

The last time I saw the booster it was back on H-A's schedule, give or
take a few seconds. It was fairtly low in the east and travelling fast,
so I didn't see it long enough to tell if it was still flashing.

I looked for Shenzhou 6 on the morning of its return to Earth, on the
chance that it would have left the orbital module behind. I didn't spot
anything. Given that the module was used for crew purposes, the
Chinese may not have seen any point in leaving it in orbit (on earlier
flights the orbital module carried electronic equipment rather than
crew supplies).

--Bill Thompson

Old October 19th 05, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the info, got it!

The module is still in orbit and will be for a few months conducting
experiments.

I saw it on the morning 6am of 10/17 just north of polaris on a
NNW/NNE/E course but seemed to be 2 minutes late.

Clouds have socked in so I haven't been able to see anything.

I'm still using Shenzhou 6 data from 10/13 that I printed for the
module passes.
Is there a designation identification # for the module?

SteveS

Old October 20th 05, 06:46 AM
William R Thompson

wrote:

I'm still using Shenzhou 6 data from 10/13 that I printed for the
module passes.

I wish I'd thought of that. With a few exceptions H-A hasn't updated its
satellite list in several months. donbarry.org doesn't have a listing
for the Shenzhou-6 module.

Is there a designation identification # for the module?

Yes, although I don't know it--05040C, perhaps, unless the spacecraft or
booster shed other items before the module separated from the main
spacecraft.

--Bill Thompson

Old October 20th 05, 12:58 PM
Ted Molczan

"William R Thompson" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote:

I'm still using Shenzhou 6 data from 10/13 that I printed for the
module passes.

I wish I'd thought of that. With a few exceptions H-A hasn't updated its
satellite list in several months. donbarry.org doesn't have a listing
for the Shenzhou-6 module.

Is there a designation identification # for the module?

Yes, although I don't know it--05040C, perhaps, unless the spacecraft or
booster shed other items before the module separated from the main
spacecraft.

The orbital module is 05040E / 28883.

The C and D objects of this launch are covers from the final stage's
separation motors, which decayed within a couple of days of launch. There
are four sep motors, but seldom are all four covers tracked.

Ted Molczan

Old October 27th 05, 09:56 PM

-school! Wouldn't you teach them to play
on the piano, and paint on velvet?"

"I'd teach them to read their own Bible, and write their own
letters, and read letters that are written to them," said Eva,
steadily. "I know, mamma, it does come very hard on them that they
can't do these things. Tom feels it--Mammy does,--a great many of
them do. I think it's wrong."

"Come, come, Eva; you are only a child! You don't know anything
about these things," said Marie; "besides, your talking makes my
head ache."

Marie always had a headache on hand for any conversation
that did not exactly suit her.

Eva stole away; but after that, she assiduously gave Mammy
reading lessons.

CHAPTER XXIII

Henrique

About this time, St. Clare's brother Alfred, with his eldest son,
a boy of twelve, spent a day or two with the family at the lake.

No sight could be more singular and beautiful than that of these
twin brothers. Nature, instead of instituting resemblances between
them, had made them opposites on every point; yet a mysterious tie
seemed to unite them in a closer friendship than ordinary.

They used to saunter, arm in arm, up and down the alleys
and walks of the garden. Augustine, with his blue eyes and golden
hair, his ethereally flexible form and vivacious features; and
Alfred, dark-eyed, with haughty Roman profile, firmly-knit l

Old October 27th 05, 09:59 PM

arms; and
he, bending over her, soothed her by every tender word he could
think of.

Marie rose and threw herself out of the apartment into her
own, when she fell into violent hysterics.

"You didn't give me a curl, Eva," said her father, smiling sadly.

"They are all yours, papa," said she, smiling--"yours and
mamma's; and you must give dear aunty as many as she wants. I only
gave them to our poor people myself, because you know, papa, they
might be forgotten when I am gone, and because I hoped it might
help them remember. . . . You are a Christian, are you not, papa?"
said Eva, doubtfully.

"Why do you ask me?"

"I don't know. You are so good, I don't see how you can
help it."

"What is being a Christian, Eva?"

"Loving Christ most of all," said Eva.

"Do you, Eva?"

"Certainly I do."

"You never saw him," said St. Clare.

"That makes no difference," said Eva. "I believe him, and
in a few days I shall _see_ him;" and the young face grew fervent,
radiant with joy.

St. Clare said no more. It was a feeling which he had seen
before in his mother; but no chord within vibrated to it.

Eva, after this, declined rapidly; there was no more any
doubt of the event; the fondest hope could not be blinded.
Her beautiful room was avowedly a sick room; and Miss Ophelia day
and night performed the duties of a nurse,--and never did her friends
appreciate her value more than in that capacity. With so well-trained
a hand and eye, such perfect adroitness and practice in every art
which could promote neatness and comfort, and keep out of sight
every disagreeable incident of sickness,--with such a perfect sense
of time, such a clear, untroubled head, such e

Old October 27th 05, 11:24 PM

on 'em yourself?
Why, all the use they make on 't is to get round you. I've had
one or two of these fellers, and I jest sold 'em down river. I knew
I'd got to lose 'em, first or last, if I didn't."

"Better send orders up to the Lord, to make you a set, and
leave out their souls entirely," said the drover.

Here the conversation was interrupted by the approach of a small
one-horse buggy to the inn. It had a genteel appearance, and
a well-dressed, gentlemanly man sat on the seat, with a colored
servant driving.

The whole party examined the new comer with the interest with
which a set of loafers in a rainy day usually examine every
newcomer. He was very tall, with a dark, Spanish complexion, fine,
expressive black eyes, and close-curling hair, also of a glossy
blackness. His well-formed aquiline nose, straight thin lips, and
the admirable contour of his finely-formed limbs, impressed the
whole company instantly with the idea of something uncommon.
He walked easily in among the company, and with a nod indicated
to his waiter where to place his trunk, bowed to the company, and,
with his hat in his hand, walked up leisurely to the bar, and gave
in his name as Henry Butter, Oaklands, Shelby County. Turning, with
an indifferent air, he sauntered up to the advertisement, and
read it over.

"Jim," he said to his man, "seems to me we met a boy something
like this, up at Beman's, didn't we?"

"Yes, Mas'r, said Jim, "only I an't sure about the hand."

"Well, I didn't look, of course," said the stranger with a
careless yawn. Then walking up to the landlord, he desi

Old October 28th 05, 12:19 AM

and walk a piece," he said. "I told
Michael to go forward and bring help, and be along back here with
the wagon; but we shall have to walk a piece along the road, I
reckon, to meet them. The Lord grant he be along soon! It's early
in the day; there won't be much travel afoot yet a while; we an't
much more than two miles from our stopping-place. If the road
hadn't been so rough last night, we could have outrun 'em entirely."

As the party neared the fence, they discovered in the
distance, along the road, their own wagon coming back, accompanied
by some men on horseback.

"Well, now, there's Michael, and Stephen and Amariah,"
exclaimed Phineas, joyfully. "Now we _are_ made--as safe as if
we'd got there."

"Well, do stop, then," said Eliza, "and do something for
that poor man; he's groaning dreadfully."

"It would be no more than Christian," said George; "let's
take him up and carry him on."

"And doctor him up among the Quakers!" said Phineas; "pretty
well, that! Well, I don't care if we do. Here, let's have a look
at him;" and Phineas, who in the course of his hunting and backwoods
life had acquired some rude experience of surgery, kneeled down by
the wounded man, and began a careful examination of his condition.

"Marks," said Tom, feebly, "is that you, Marks?"

"No; I reckon 'tan't friend," said Phineas. "Much Marks
cares for thee, if his own skin's safe. He's off, long ago."

"I believe I'm done for," said Tom. "The cussed sneaking dog,
to leave me to die alone! My poor old mother always told me