getting my feet wet - first pics - 4 attachments (1/3)

Old August 6th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod

Default getting my feet wet - first pics - 4 attachments (1/3)

Hi Ryld -

I could see your Saturn pic but I had trouble downloading the other
images (I saw Rick's responses however). You must have a far better
west horizon than me, Saturn is too low in the west for me to try and
image it. My best horizons are to the south and east; I cannot see
Polaris next to my scope. I hope you continue to keep your "feet wet"
(please keep posting). I hope to try some afocal shots with a really
good Canon camera (not mine) in the near future.
-cheers - Rod

Ryld wrote:
taken afocally with an orion ST80 and a finepix s5200 camera....

Old August 11th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Ryld

Thanks for all the input. I have only been able to get a few shots before
my scope broke. The st80 ive got is the older one with a plastic block and
metal insert in it to bolt to the mount (the new ones come with rings).
what happened is with the weight of my camera it was working that metal
insert out and now it will not stay in there at all. I think ive got a
good workaround for it - straped the scope to the mount with a couple
bungee(sp?) cords. This seems to work for now just get a little extra
movement when focusing. Hope to get some shots of m45 as soon as it clears
up here - 45 is up about 40deg here at 4am...got my fingers crossed

ryld