Notice: My 2nd crypto book finished :-)

Old November 3rd 06, 04:47 AM posted to sci.space.moderated
Tom St Denis

Default Notice: My 2nd crypto book finished :-)

I've just finished the review phase of my 2nd book [see my website for
details, I won't link it here for obvious reasons].

It's a text covering software developer problems with cryptography, and
is based for the most part on my experience as a developer and from
supporting my projects. I think the book is a decent read and for the
software developers out there stuck doing crypto work it should prove
useful.

It's not a "handbook of applied crypto" style book, so please don't
think of it as a re-run book :-)

The text hits the printers tomorrow and should be in stock within a
month [starting in the states of course...].

I recommend picking up my 1st book on large integer math, not just
because it's my book but because it covers the math in more depth than
this book does. I also recommend the "Guide to Elliptic Curve
Cryptography" as I don't cover ECC in a huge amount of depth. The
three books fit well together as they were written in that frame of
mind (they sit on my desk at the office).

I have a third book project scheduled starting early next year. It's
going to be public domain like my math text was. At least, till I get
the first draft completed [sometime in 2009]. :-)

Thanks for the attention, please return to the regular scheduled usenet
melee.

Tom

http://www.amazon.com/Cryptography-D.../dp/1597491047