wHAT IF (ON SPECTRAL LINES)

Old January 8th 10, 03:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
bert

Default wHAT IF (ON SPECTRAL LINES)

Well Newton used a prism to split light into their colours,but it was
a German lens maker that created the dark narrow spectral lines and
these lines revolutioned chemistry,and astronomy O ya) At a much
later time we realized what these lines were telling us. I think of
them as fingerprints. Each line tellinvg us how each element
absorbs,and emits its own characteristic combination of wave lengths
Did we not find helium in the Sun first O ya It even showed us the
universe every where is made of the same elements here on earth. I
even have the spectral lines of Sirius in my scrape book Bert
Old January 8th 10, 05:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
bert

On Jan 8, 10:58*am, bert wrote:
Well Newton used a prism to split light into their colours,but it was
a German lens maker that created the dark narrow spectral lines and
these lines revolutioned chemistry,and astronomy O ya) * * At a much
later time we realized what these lines were telling us. *I think of
them as fingerprints. Each line tellinvg us how each element
absorbs,and emits its own characteristic combination of wave lengths
Did we not find helium in the Sun first O ya * It even showed us the
universe every where is *made of the same elements here on earth. *I
even have the spectral lines of Sirius in my scrape book * Bert

Lines give us size and age of universe bert
Old January 27th 10, 02:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
bert

On Jan 8, 12:59*pm, bert wrote:
On Jan 8, 10:58*am, bert wrote:

Well Newton used a prism to split light into their colours,but it was
a German lens maker that created the dark narrow spectral lines and
these lines revolutioned chemistry,and astronomy O ya) * * At a much
later time we realized what these lines were telling us. *I think of
them as fingerprints. Each line tellinvg us how each element
absorbs,and emits its own characteristic combination of wave lengths
Did we not find helium in the Sun first O ya * It even showed us the
universe every where is *made of the same elements here on earth. *I
even have the spectral lines of Sirius in my scrape book * Bert

Lines give us size and age of universe bert

We See the universe by EM energy. Seems 95% of the matter in the
universe does not send out EM energy. It only sends out gravitation.
We can feel gravitation. We can detect what it is doing. Still if its
invisable we think its not there. TreBert