NASA/WWE: Send a WWE wrestler into Space?

Old July 12th 06, 05:27 AM posted to sci.space.moderated
David E. Powell

Default NASA/WWE: Send a WWE wrestler into Space?

OK, this is a 100 percent legitimately brilliant idea. NASA is trying
to get publicity for the Space Program, and WWE Superstars have a
willingness to try a lot of things. So, how about trying to get a WWE
Superstar on the Space Shuttle or Space Station? If NASA goes with it,
great, if not there are always the Russians or Burt Rutan.

Imagine the publicity from an "All systems go" space mission with a WWE
Superstar on board? Not to mention that NASA has wanted to recapture
the youth of America for years. Wouldn't this be a great idea? I am
sure several WWE'ers could try out for it, and they are in good shape.
Depending on the tasks required for a crew member and all, etc.

There are a few possibilities I might discuss here....

1. The Big Show. Serious, Paul Wight in orbit, they would have to make
a heck of a space suit for the Showster, oh yeah. But NASA would
probably love to do it just to get he data. Like when John Glenn went
up on the Shuttle, seeing how space affected a guy of very large
stature, the effect of microgravity on a person who usually carries a
lot of weight on their joints, etc. Plus, Paul Wight is the mack and I
could see him loving this.

2. Chris Benoit. Physicals? Bring 'em on! Plus, whatever mental
disciplines were needed, the Canadian Wolverine would be a good chance
at meeting them. The man is focused.

3. Trish Stratus. Positive face for the company, and I could see her
really running for it. Also a great representative of the company over
the last couple years into today.

4. Sheldon Benjamin. Young, in shape, and a good head on his shoulders.
Plus he really carries himself well, and I could really see him running
with this. It could give him a super boost (literally) in WWE.

5. Rob Van Dam. How high? Orbital, baby. Orbital. But in all
seriousness, he is cool headed, in shape, and with his relaxed
attitude, might really connect with a lot of people. Relaxed confidence
might be just the thing for NASA and the WWE to project.

6. Hulk Hogan. Heck, he's done just about everything else.

7. Ultimate Warrior. On the next space ship, to Parts Unknown!

8. Ric Flair. He has the perfect theme music for it, and it would so
rule.

"Space Mountain.. is the monolith! Whooooo!"

Finally, if the NASA folks need to move some big gear on the ISS for
the construction, a WWE'er could be a heck of an asset to have up
there. Just sayin'.

Dave

Old July 12th 06, 03:48 PM posted to sci.space.moderated
Jim Kingdon

If NASA goes with it, great, if not there are always the Russians or
Burt Rutan.

If SpaceShipTwo enters commercial service, then it would be a brief
flight, but should be easy to arrange, and probably affordable (not
sure what a typical WWE production budget is).

The Russians: the lead times are long, one must train for many months
(including learning Russian, I think), and the cost could be an
issue. Not out of the question, though.

As for NASA, seems like a "our tax dollars are being spent on WHAT?"
kind of thing (which seems like a good argument for commercial
spaceflight, since there are any number of ways in which the
interested public could fund a commercial WWE event).

Finally, if the NASA folks need to move some big gear on the ISS for
the construction, a WWE'er could be a heck of an asset to have up
there. Just sayin'.

:-). Could be a whole unexplored resource. "Who needs Strella when
you have Hulk Hogan".