STATUS: sci.space.moderated

Old October 20th 03, 02:55 AM
Alain Fournier

Default STATUS: sci.space.moderated

rk wrote:

Hi,

nice letters, including offers of support for the hosting, helping
with the moderation, and alternate hosts and moderation software.

So, it looks like sci.space.moderated's doors will remain open and
it will stay up and running as we discuss the situation. There will
be no changes to how you must post at this time.

Normally meta-discussions are conducted outside of the group but I
think at this time it is appropriate for those interested to either
send e-mail to the moderators (addresses available on
http://scispace.org) or to this thread, so we can have a
conversation on where the group should go and get some good ideas on
the table.

Regards,

I am personally very pleased with the moderation of s.s.m. and hope it
will stay.
I wish to thank all those who have given some of their time for this
newsgroup.

Alain Fournier

Old October 25th 03, 04:12 AM
Martha H Adams

I favor the presence of a moderator here because I believe one is
needed here. I think that in following various space groups, I've
seen the quality of the traffic seriously lowered as some noisy but
empty kind of person emitted a large ..., well, emitted messages that
led the brighter people to remove themselves to more productive
works. I think a moderator here leads to material from more
knowledgeable people from (hopefully) deep within the field of space
exploration, travel, and settlement. Which is what I'm lurking for
here; and only rarely speaking up.

Cheers -- Martha Adams