Ned Wright's Calculator?: Co Moving R(t) for Entire (13.721 Gyr) Universe??

Old November 27th 16, 02:56 AM posted to sci.astro.research

Default Ned Wright's Calculator?: Co Moving R(t) for Entire (13.721 Gyr) Universe??

Hopefully I use the correct terms in my description.....question:

1) Do the values I obtained (at bottom) for Radius of universe vs
age of universe look about right? It appears that after inflation,
the universe has only about doubled in size, if so.

2) If I understand right, by using Omega_M + Omega_vac = 1.0,
I have picked a flat universe. What values could I plug in and try
so that the co moving radii reported by the calculator reflect a
current best guess for a Dark Energy inflated universe?

Thanks,
rt

Clearly, when the universe was only 0.721 Gyr old, we could not see
(from earth, if we were here back then) objects that were 13 GLyr
distant as light had only been travelling for 0.721 Gyr. But the
objects we observe today, were still out there, beyond the veil of
the CBR, when the universe was 0.721 Gyr old..............same goes
today....there are (most likely) galaxies out at 15 GLyr distance
but we won't see them for another couple Gyr.

So.........I should be able to determine the co moving radius of
the universe as a function of age of the universe, from early to
present, using all objects we can observe today.

Values I got from Ned Wright's Astrophysics Cosmological Calculator

H_0=69.6 Light
Omega_M= 0.286 Universe Travel
Omega_vac= 0.714 Distance Age @z Time
General Button z Gyr Gyr
Age Today = 13.721 Gyrs 0.075 12.721 1
z=3 0.15885 11.721 2
Age at z=2.171 Gyr 0.2534 10.721 3
Light travel time=11.549 Gyr 0.3616 9.721 4
0.4873 8.721 5
0.6363 7.721 6
0.8178 6.721 7
1.0462 5.721 8
1.3474 4.721 9
1.7715 3.721 10 =20
2.434 2.721 11
3.677 1.721 12
7.368 0.721 13

Result:

Co Moving
Radius for the
Entire (observable today)
Universe
Gly
14.21 at age = 0.721 Gyr
14.77 = 1.721
15.36 = 2.721
16.00 = ...
16.70
17.49
18.37
19.38
20.56
22.00
23.83
26.39
30.79 = 13.721 Gyr
Old November 27th 16, 07:48 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

In article ,
writes:

Hopefully I use the correct terms in my description.....question:

1) Do the values I obtained (at bottom) for Radius of universe vs
age of universe look about right?

At first glance, yes.

It appears that after inflation,
the universe has only about doubled in size, if so.

The calculator has nothing to do with inflation. At the end of
inflation, the currently observable universe was about the size of a
large beach ball.

2) If I understand right, by using Omega_M + Omega_vac = 1.0,
I have picked a flat universe. What values could I plug in and try
so that the co moving radii reported by the calculator reflect a
current best guess for a Dark Energy inflated universe?

The standard model of a flat universe with a cosmological constant (dark
energy) was determined essentially by doing what you are trying to do;
it is not an assumption but rather an observational fact.

Clearly, when the universe was only 0.721 Gyr old, we could not see
(from earth, if we were here back then) objects that were 13 GLyr
distant as light had only been travelling for 0.721 Gyr. But the
objects we observe today, were still out there, beyond the veil of
the CBR, when the universe was 0.721 Gyr old..............same goes
today....there are (most likely) galaxies out at 15 GLyr distance
but we won't see them for another couple Gyr.

Right.
Old December 10th 16, 08:46 PM posted to sci.astro.research

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:48:49 AM UTC-8, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

It appears that after inflation,
the universe has only about doubled in size, if so.

The calculator has nothing to do with inflation. At the end of
inflation, the currently observable universe was about the size of a
large beach ball.

Really? what z would that have been, when inflation ended and the
universe expansion began?

What was z and or size of currently observable universe when the
last scattering happened and the universe became transparent to
light?

Thanks,

[[Mod. note --
If you look at the last graph in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)
you can see that it shows inflation ending at a scale factor around
a = 10^{-28}. a = 1/(1+z), so that would correspond to a redshift of
around z = 10^{28}. Our knowledge of this is somewhat indirect and
uncertain.

The last scattering was at a redshift of about 1100, about 350K years
after the big bang. We have direct knowledge of this from measurements
of the cosmic microwave background.
-- jt]]