Next Space Station: 7.35e22 kg worth at Earth's L1

Old February 7th 07, 07:14 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Next Space Station: 7.35e22 kg worth at Earth's L1

Our Next Space Station = Earth L1
Master CM(counter mass) of 7.35e22 kg worth, efficiently situated at
Earth L1.

Perhaps my previous topic of having imposed certain weird notions and
those pesky question(s), such as about our environment going entirely
naked w/o moon was asking a bit too much, especially since Earth would
eventually thereafter get extra cold, as without sufficient tidal forces
to motivate our molten core's thermal interior of transferring 40 TJ
that might even further degrade our failing magnetosphere, plus vast
oceans of roughly 40,000 ~ 60,000 TJ of solar thermal energy wouldn't
migrate about to nearly the present extent, whereas such we'd likely be
unavoidably icing up really good, while keeping sufficienly toasty and
thus frost and ice free within the tropics of Cancer/Capricorn, plus a
few aquatic areas getting somewhat extra algae bloom and/or dead-zone
stinky at the same time, all because of those reduced tidal forced
actions taking place.

Not to feer, as there would still be a sol+moon forced tide, just not
nearly as strong, and only one such composite tide per day.

However, as a perfectly viable compromise to Earth entirely w/o moon;
Have I got a nifty L1 shade for accommodating your next ISS and
otherwise for the best ever salvation of Earth's environment:

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...=smart&p=1/360

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...25b2f50bea63b9
In addition to this method of establishing a great deal of shade
(perhaps a touch more than necessary), we'd also have established the
absolute ideal TRACE, ACE and SOHO outpost or mother platform, as well
as keeping the Chinese or possibly Russian LSE-CM/ISS as 100% viable to
boot (actually far better yet because of the moon's L1 (MEL1/facing
Earth) becoming so nicely shaded and obviously the moon becomes near
zelch worth of being reactive to the solar energy that passing by, so
much so improved that even Bigalow's POOFs could be safely utilized most
anywhere along the tethers).

I'm asking; What's so terribly wrong, or even all that technically
insurmountable with my notions of relocating our very own cosmic morgue
of a mascon, as our nasty old salty and global warming moon is relocated
all the way out to Earth L1?

Utilizing the tethered mass at 2X L2 seems like a perfectly good
alternative to having applied those millions of spendy rockets (that we
obviously don't have nor could we actually apply to such a daunting
task) or via whatever nuclear produced delta-v, especially since most
every required tonne and of the L2 tether itself would be extracted from
the moon.

This being where the truly smart folks get to shine like never before.
Where's all of your warm and fuzzy Usenet yaysay and of whatever
wizardly applied expertise of eye popping candy, and otherwise on behalf
of knocking our socks off, especially when our badly failing environment
and extremely frail DNA needs such efforts the most?

What's actually all that negative or otherwise naysay about relocating
our moon, for obtaining such absolute spare loads of ice age rebuilding
shade, and of so much more to come?

Since we're still into losing our DNA/RNA protective magnetosphere at
the ongoing demise of 0.05%/year, as such, what other long-term options
for protecting Earth's atmosphere and of our sequestered butts on this
badly polluted surface do we have?
-
Brad Guth

Old February 7th 07, 08:17 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:466f9161c535bd68fd1d8c377c041861.49644@mygate .mailgate.org

Relocating lunar mass via L2 deployed tether, as actually having placed
such mass far out past the moon's L2 point of no return seems like the
perfectly good way to go. Say for the effort of going way out there
using 2X L2, and to say we/robotics somehow manage to place 1e9 tonnes
on the tippy end of that nifty 2X L2 tethered distance away from the
moon's CG, a remote placement distance of roughly 129,400 km, whereas at
least for starters may seem a touch daunting but otherwise perfectly
doable, and the pulling or tug affect obviously only gets better as the
moon gets moved away from Earth.

How much applied exit or delta-v force is that remote placement of such
mass going to provide?

Here's the best preliminary math that seems about right.

2X moon L2 = 129,400 km

129,400 / 384,400 = .33663

Orbital velocity: 1.33663 x 1.023 km/s = 1.367 km/s

2X L2 orbital Earth velocity = 1.367 km/s (in relation to Earth)

2X L2 orbital moon velocity = 344.421 m/s (in relation to the moon)

Centripetal/Centrifugal force: Fc=MV2/r
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/cf.html#cf

If we're given the 2X L2 orbital mass of 1e12 kg (including whatever's
tether)

Moon's 2X L2: Fc=MV2/r = 9.167374e8 N = 93,481 tonnes

Earth/moon 2X L2: Fc=MV2/r = 3.637e9 N = 370,871 tonnes

That's either 93,481 applied tonnes of continous force or perhaps the
combined total of 464,353 tonnes of centrifugal applied force that's
worthy of accomplishing something in delta-v, especially when applied
over the time span of perhaps a few years, of which I don't believe
it'll actually take all that long, or even nearly the suggested 1e12 kg
placement of mass at the moon's 2X L2.

Roughly/swag speaking; using this moon 2XL2 as the CM package of 1e12
kg in tethered mass acting as a physical CM/tug upon getting that nasty
moon further away from Earth; How long will it take for that process of
getting rid of our moon (ideally relocated to Earth L1 that is)?

Seems once having our moon relocated to Earth's L1 is actually offering
a multi-tasking and do-everything sort of win-win for accomplishing all
sorts of future science and space exploration, and otherwise of direct
primary benefit to having shaded our environment, and of most everything
else I can think of seems better off. As for the naysay or whatever
negatives, at least thus far I have a list of zilch to offer because, it
even benefits my LSE-CM/ISS that can still deploy its tether dipole
element to within 4r of Earth, and there's lots more to consider,
especially on behalf of the moon's L1, that is if you still have that
yaysay open mindset to work with.
-
Brad Guth