About ancient time data from the Weeli Wolli Formation and the Big Cottonwood Formation

Old December 5th 04, 02:46 PM
Hannu K.J. Poropudas

Default About ancient time data from the Weeli Wolli Formation and the Big Cottonwood Formation

Dr. George E. Williams,
Department of Geology and Geophysics
University of Adelaine, Adelaine
South Australia, Australia
)

Second posting (II) due I have got some additional data:

Some remarks about your article
Reviews of Geophysics, 38, 1/Feb. 2000, pp. 37-59.

I'am an amateur geologist Hannu Poropudas from Finland.
I have red your article mentioned above and I have couple
questions if you please could answer to them.

1. Interpretation Weeli Wolli lamina couplets are
semidiurnal increments grouped in fortnightly cycles
or lamina couplets are diurnal increments arranged
in monthly cycles. By both these interpretations there
were about (28 - 30) lunar days per synodic month
at 2450 Ma. (page 54)

This interpretation is good agreement BIF (banded iron
formation) data written in Schopf's (Editor), 1983.
Earth's Earliest Biosphere. It's Origin and Evolution. ?

(This conflicts also with data of average sedimentation rate
of Weeli Wolli Formation ( 30 um/year or about 50 um/year,
u = micro) ?

1.a. What FFT-spectrum you have about this count ?
1.b. How many mean solar days you have in this case
per synodic month ?
1.c. If this interpretation is assumed, then do you
see any "year marks" (seasonal signs) in laminae ?
1.d. If "year marks" (seasonal signs) are present
then how many synodic months (+-error limits from FFT)
you find ?
1.e. If interpretation is true and the number of synodic
months per year could be estimated, then how close the Moon
has been at 2450 Ma ago (one Earth-Moon close (not too close) approach
???) (2450 Ma, BIF, Weeli Wolli Formation, Hammersley Basin)?

1.f. Estimeted sedimentation rates (with exact age
determinations, error limits + - few Ma) would indicate
that an average sedimentation rate in
Weeli Wolli Formation has been

more than 30 micrometers per year
and possible has been
at most about 50 micrometers per year ?

1.g. These results would conflict with all of your interpretations
about ancient time data from Weeli Wolli Formation due one
microlaminae would correspond probably more or equal than
about 3.68 - 6.24 years per microlaminae ?

1.h. Observed periodicities from the Weeli Wolli Formation
could be range from few tens of years to couple hundreds
of years (could this be some glacial periodicity ?)?

2. The value of 400 + - 7 solar days/yr at about 620 Ma
indicated by the Elatina-Reynella rhythmites conflicts with
paleontological data for the early to middle Paleozoic,
which suggest about 400 - 420 d/yr between 350 and 520 Ma
(Figure 2). (page 52)

2.a. What has happeded your year 1989 +- error limit
estimates about this same Elatina Formation you there
had 400 + - 20 days/yr, (max) about 420 days/yr result
could possible not be conflicting ?
2.b. If 420 days/yr is not conflicting then only
your max estimate could be correct (twice the maximum number of
laminae per lamina-cycle 16 * 2 = 32 days per synodic month and 13.1
synodic months per tropical year, gives
about 420 days per year. EOS, vol. 70, no. 3,
pp. 33, 40-41 (1989))?

3. About ancient time data from the Big Cottonwood Formation
(sedimentation age 900 Ma + -100 Ma).

3.a. I think that only reliable data which could be useful
is possible the primary data 13.5 synodic months per tropical year,
which is counted directly from the sample ?

3.b. If 13.5 synodic months per tropical year is true, then
what are error limits about this count ?

Best Regards,

Hannu Poropudas
Vesaisentie 9E,
90900 Kiiminki
Finland

local telephone number : 050-5339808
email:
Old December 5th 04, 03:47 PM
Morituri-|-Max

Hannu K.J. Poropudas wrote:
Dr. George E. Williams,
Department of Geology and Geophysics
University of Adelaine, Adelaine
South Australia, Australia

Hannu Poropudas
Vesaisentie 9E,
90900 Kiiminki
Finland

If you're going to send a letter to a department head, use your SPELL CHECKER!
Your grammar is atrocious as well.

Old December 5th 04, 06:06 PM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear Hannu K.J. Poropudas:

"Hannu K.J. Poropudas" h.poropudasATluukku.comNOT wrote in message
om...
Dr. George E. Williams,
Department of Geology and Geophysics
University of Adelaine, Adelaine
South Australia, Australia
(george.williamsATadelaide.edu.auNOT)

Do NOT post other people's email adresses in postings in usenet. If you
wish to receive additional spam by not encoding your email address, that is
your choice. But do not set up others in the same way. If you have his
email address, simply send him email.

David A. Smith

Old December 7th 04, 12:40 PM

Bigdakine wrote:
Subject: About ancient time data from the Weeli Wolli Formation and

the Big
Cottonwood Formation
From: (Hannu K.J. Poropudas)
Date: 12/5/04 3:46 AM Hawaiian Standard Time
Dr. George E. Williams,
Department of Geology and Geophysics
University of Adelaine, Adelaine
South Australia, Australia
)

Second posting (II) due I have got some additional data:

Some remarks about your article
Reviews of Geophysics, 38, 1/Feb. 2000, pp. 37-59.

I'am an amateur geologist Hannu Poropudas from Finland.
I have red your article mentioned above and I have couple
questions if you please could answer to them.

Is there a reason you are posting a private email on the internet?

This is not a private email. I would like this discussion to be public.

I would like to add couple matters still into my text:

1. I would like to correct one wrong word in my text:

word "microlaminae" should be "microband" (this consist laminae
couplet).

2. Average sedimentation rate 33 micrometers per year has also been
estimated
pure BIF only, namely from Joffre Member, which is below Weeli Wolli
Formation
(Compacted sedimentation rate).

Also compacted average sedimentation rate (26 - 34) micrometers per
year
has also been estimated from Weeli Wolli Formation.

(I have not those references in my hands now, but I remember that
these results were from the Australian Journal of Earth
Sciences (2002), Dr. Pickard was the author if I remember right and
from some other references which are mentioned in Williams (2000)
reference
list.)

So it seems to be impossible that compacted average sedimentation rate
would have been so large as (100 - 1000) micrometers per year as it
would
be required in order that Weeli Wolli Fm. (BIF) would represent daily
or monthly or even annual marks of time in its lamnae (submicrobands,
microbands, mesobands etc.). This can oly be proven false if direct
average
compacted sedimentation rate could be estimated with aid of direct
exact
age measurements and lenght measurements from (BIF) Weeli Wolli Fm.
only ?

Hannu

Stuart
Dr. Stuart A. Weinstein
Ewa Beach Institute of Tectonics
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a

creationist"

"Creationists aren't impervious to Logic: They're oblivious to it."