news flash.......mosley bleeds from O-ring.

Old June 12th 04, 02:11 PM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...Best version of D&D I've ever seen, tho, was the one where a golf
ball was done up as one of Lou Zocchi's hundred-sided dice.

The Zocchihedron...

Old June 12th 04, 02:12 PM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Why don't you ask him why he was the "point
man" in the Apollo One investigation?

Why don't *you*? *You're* supposed to be investigating this. Stop getting
other people to do your work for you.

Once they "determined" there
was no foul play **snickering since I know better**

Prove it.

Old June 12th 04, 02:14 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Dale" wrote in message
I suspect
LaDonna sincerely believes what she's saying.

That's what's so pitiful. She doesn't realize that what's she's doing is
actually soiling the reputation of people she claims to respect.

Old June 12th 04, 08:31 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-11, Pat Flannery wrote:

Raiders that season.) Is my D&D game a military operation since one of my
players is in the Marine Corps Active Reserve?

I know the Pentagon is big on innovative warfighting techniques, but
this is ridiculous...

I metnioned this to a friend, incidentally. An edited version of the
ensuing conversation:

"Saddam saves vs Wands?"
"[pause] I'm trying to think of a way to make a Portable Hole joke now."
"Aha! So that's where he hid his Weapons of Mass Destruction!"
"I like. A game predicated on the GM bluffing at length to the brave
adventurers about the mysterious treasure of "theatre IRBM +4" hidden
deep in the desert sands..."

OF COURSE YOU WOULD, MAGGOT! These guys are putting their lives on the
line every day for your liberal civilian candyass!

I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not that I have never met anyone who
could say "liberal civilian candyass" without giggling, and that
includes Marines...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 13th 04, 12:19 AM
LaDonna Wyss

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message . ..
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Why don't you ask him why he was the "point
man" in the Apollo One investigation?

Why don't *you*? *You're* supposed to be investigating this. Stop getting
other people to do your work for you.

Once they "determined" there
was no foul play **snickering since I know better**

Prove it.

Now I'm REALLY laughing. Like Col. Strang is going to take one look
at me, quiver in his boots, and confess all! Please, I would appeal
to logic, but I realized a while ago you don't have any.
LaDonna
Old June 13th 04, 12:23 AM
LaDonna Wyss

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message . ..
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Yes, I "actually think AS-204 was a military
operation."

Which service?

What do YOU think it was?

A NASA mission, of course.

Hey, folks--I wasn't sure where to post this one because there's been
so much blathering, but how about this for a question: You do realize
the first three groups of astronauts were recruited from within the
military, and by that I mean they received orders to show up at
such-and-so place at such-and-so time with absolutely no clue why they
were there? Just because they were TDA to NASA did NOT mean they were
no longer in military service. Gosh, can you not put it in historical
context?
If, for example, some major oil company decided it needed experienced
ship captains to sail its barges of petroleum, do you think the
military would just loan them out for the fun of it? Obviously, the
Pentagon decided there was a military purpose for their work or they
wouldn't have been sent. Which lands it back in the lap of a military
operation.
LaDonna
Old June 13th 04, 02:00 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
m...
I would appeal
to logic

Why would you start now? You've insulted JimO, dumbass, so you've eliminated
any chance at credibility.

Take your tongue out of Betty, it's distracting your typing.

Old June 13th 04, 02:01 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Just because they were TDA to NASA did NOT mean they were
no longer in military service.

Gee, folks, maybe she *is* reading some of these posts. Looks like she might
have learned something along the way.

Try telling us something we don't already know, LaToya.

Old June 13th 04, 08:39 PM
Derek Lyons

(LaDonna Wyss) wrote:
Hey, folks--I wasn't sure where to post this one because there's been
so much blathering, but how about this for a question: You do realize
the first three groups of astronauts were recruited from within the
military, and by that I mean they received orders to show up at
such-and-so place at such-and-so time with absolutely no clue why they
were there?

Yes, we all know that. We also all know the reasons why and to not
read too much into it.

Just because they were TDA to NASA did NOT mean they were
no longer in military service.

Were they TDA? More likely PCS or on Detached Service. (And one can
be in the service and not be on active duty. I spent a week on TDY as
part of a volunteer group helping in remodeling the local Red Cross
HQ. Would you claim that was 'military' operation?)

If, for example, some major oil company decided it needed experienced
ship captains to sail its barges of petroleum, do you think the
military would just loan them out for the fun of it?

Folks in uniform can be found in all manner of odd places. (Or to put
it another way, yes the DoD loans out troops and individuals for
various reasons and periods of time quite routinely.)

Obviously, the Pentagon decided there was a military purpose for their
work or they wouldn't have been sent.

The Pentagon 'decided' to obey the President, who ordered that the
initial group of astronauts come from the services. (The DoDs
interest in space comes somewhat later.)

Which lands it back in the lap of a military operation.

Once again you state an opinion as a conclusion, without having
actually supported it.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.