An Open Letter to the UT Austin Aerospace Department Orbits Group

Old March 8th 05, 02:34 AM
WH Clark

Default An Open Letter to the UT Austin Aerospace Department Orbits Group

The Orbits Group
University of Texas
Austin, Texas

To whom it should concern,

I have been told that my appeal to being expelled from UT Austin is
being handled exclusively by the UT Vice President for Legal Affairs,
Dr. Lee Smith, JD. He has prohibited me from contacting anybody at the
Aerospace Engineering Department. I found out recently that when I
sent a draft copy of my Ph.D dissertation to ya'll last summer that it
was not delivered and that the University destroyed the documents
instead.

To refresh your mind, my research was a computer optimization of the
Earth to Mars trajectory. The EXACT material which I submitted and was
rejected by the Aerospace Department is at http://texasxfiles.com/mars/
including the letter of dismissal.

The main objection by the Department to the results of my computer
algorithm - which found an Earth to Mars trajectory that uses 25% less
fuel or arrives to Mars 30 days faster than any mission to date (and
it's safer too), was that I could offer no theoretical basis for this
fast trajectory.

I sent ya'll the draft dissertation last summer because I wanted to
show the theory I had developed. It is now on the web at
http://texasxfiles.com/dissertation/index0.html where there is also a
link to my LuLu.com bookstore where the complete body of work can be
obtained as an ebook or paperback.

Personally, I believe I was expelled because nobody in the Orbits Group
could follow my Fortran code (I wrote it all in Fortran because my
advisor Dr. Broucke did all his work in Fortran), which is kind of
immature - to expel a student and not ask him to rewrite the program in
C++.

Be that as it may, I hope you will consider my research to date and at
least consider offering to give me a reference so I can either complete
my degree at another University or get a job. Dr. Smith tells me that
nobody in the Department will give me a reference; so I cannot get a
job, of any kind. That seems kind of unfair too, given my
accomplishments - my academic record is at the mars website too.

Regards,

WH Clark, Ph.D (ABD)

Old March 8th 05, 01:46 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Dear Sir,

You are a kook. Sorry but it is true.

First, you have a disagreement with your university, so you post it here.
???? What the &^@$#$ does Sci.Space.Policy have to do with you and your
teachers?

Answer: Nothing and the fact you don't see that is the first mark against you.

Second, your website starts out ok, and it even seem reasonable that you
found a better path to Mars, that is until you start giving your reasoning.
Instead of posting the parameters for this better flight path you start
talking about Relativity and Gravity Strings - buzzwords that just scream
kook to me.

Third, last but not least you come up with the excuses that these teachers
can't follow your Fortran code! Unless there has been a major revolution in
Fortran it remain one of the most basic of lanuages and unless you decided to
throw in all sorts of GUI code or you are just a poor sphagetti coding writer
that seem very unlikely. Basicly claiming your work is too advance for
others to follow is a major kok sign.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old March 9th 05, 02:06 AM
Mike Rhino

"WH Clark" wrote in message
oups.com...

Personally, I believe I was expelled because nobody in the Orbits Group
could follow my Fortran code (I wrote it all in Fortran because my
advisor Dr. Broucke did all his work in Fortran), which is kind of
immature - to expel a student and not ask him to rewrite the program in
C++.

If I were a young person, I would probably learn Java and use that. It has
better career prospects. I'm an old fart maintaining old code, so I don't
need Java or C++, but if I were young again, I would do things differently.

Old March 10th 05, 09:20 PM
Eric Chomko

Mike Rhino ) wrote:
: "WH Clark" wrote in message
: oups.com...
:
: Personally, I believe I was expelled because nobody in the Orbits Group
: could follow my Fortran code (I wrote it all in Fortran because my
: advisor Dr. Broucke did all his work in Fortran), which is kind of
: immature - to expel a student and not ask him to rewrite the program in
: C++.

: If I were a young person, I would probably learn Java and use that. It has
: better career prospects. I'm an old fart maintaining old code, so I don't
: need Java or C++, but if I were young again, I would do things differently.

Java has a big footprint (all those libraies, APIs and what not). Just to
get output you need: System.out.println. Hell whatever happened to
'print'? Anyway, Java is slow, but for web-based programming, you're stuck
with it unless you use Perl/CGI and even then Java is necessary for things
like the "Neo" project at JPL. I guess you don't have to worry about the
libraries rather than whether a site is Java-enabled or not, so that is
at least an improvement over Mirocsoft and all those dreaded DLLs that you
always seem to be missing. Also, I question this push to have Java replace
other languages that are not web-based. Why?

All that said I prefer C. Everyone has it and I don't feel compelled to
have to use objects like in C++. I write in C and complie in C or C++.
Lately, though I have been using Perl and love it.

Eric
Old March 11th 05, 03:08 PM

If you are thinking of replying to this message, I suggest first
reading the author's messages in comp.lang.fortran for "background".

Old March 11th 05, 08:47 PM
Eric Chomko

Earl Colby Pottinger ) wrote:
: :

: If you are thinking of replying to this message, I suggest first
: reading the author's messages in comp.lang.fortran for "background".

: Did it. Search both 'Bill Clark' and 'WH Clark'. What an idiot. And yes
: idiot does apply to this B.G. lite.

: It has been three years since the original problem and he still has not clean
: up his code, transfer it to another lanuage or even given an example of the
: parameters of his faster orbital transfer.

: His excuse for why he has not publish an article about his research 'It's too
: complex for others to understand', by the way he also acknowledges mental
: problems but refuses to take any medical aids. He also mentions using hard
: drugs to improve his creativity. Strange view to me.

: The idea that the only reason people will not look at his code is because it
: is in fortran is a laugh once you realize he make mistakes like call KM/S as
: a unit of thrust.

: This one has jump into the deep end, and he is not coming up.

Yes, I think he is destined to be a PhD-ABD for the rest of his life!
Does that make him a Ph-AB?

Or, he NEEDS a doctor rather than ever becoming one. Also, there is
appears to be a pathetic Michael Jackson-aspect to this fellow.

Eric

: Earl Colby Pottinger

: --