What if life is discovered on mars?

Old December 4th 11, 01:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Matt Wiser

Default What if life is discovered on mars?

On Dec 3, 7:51*am, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 3, 10:43*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:

bob haller wrote:
On Dec 2, 9:46 pm, Brian Thorn wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 01:10:28 +0100, jacob navia
wrote:

Le 02/12/11 22:35, Fred J. McCall a crit :
bob wrote:
Now should humans EVER go to mars? Since human life and contamination
might wipe out whatever life is already there, what would happen?

Who cares? Any life on Mars is microscopic at best. I put people
ahead of bacteria. It's not surprising you reverse that and side with
your own.

Sure. That would be in the best american/republican tradition.

And British, Spanish, French, Dutch, Portugese...

There weren't any people living in the far west.

Pay no attention to the centuries of population eradication east of
the Mississippi, in the Caribbean, and in South America before the
"far west' was populated. That wasn't done by Americans, so it is
ignored by idiots like Navia.

AAAMERICAAA, LOOOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!

Well, I left.

And don't come back.

its possible that *human exploration of mars should never occur, to
protect whatever life may be living there.

its possible that monkeys might fly out your butt.

this would be the perfect reason to select a aggresive robotic
program...

You realize that makes no sense at all, right? *Do you think that if
we send people they're going to sneeze on the Martians and kill them,
or what?

obviously any earth life might endanger or wipe out mars life- Hide quoted text -

You've never heard of planetary protection protocols, I take it?
Figured as much: you're living in your dream world so much that when
real life intrudes, you ignore or dismiss it.
Old December 4th 11, 08:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected] |

On Dec 3, 9:56*am, Quadibloc wrote:
On Dec 3, 10:02*am, |"

wrote:
On the other hand if there was life in the past, there maybe crude
oil.

I have good news for you. If there were oil on Mars, this would not
lead to the U.S. sending troops to Mars. Why not?

a) Oil isn't expensive enough to ship back to Earth.

b) Also, considering Mars' atmosphere is made up of carbon dioxide,
rather than being rich in oxygen, oil is not a particularly useful
fuel on Mars.

But, hey, at least Mars colonists will be able to make plastic for
themselves!

John Savard

But it won't settle the origin of oil issue. Some claim it has
an abiotic origin.

And yes I knew the second point. And as to the third point, well,
certain organic chemist have said oil should saved for plastics and
not burned for fuel here on earth.

Mars colony would have a priority on making 'space suits', I'd think.
I'd think plastics would be useful.

The colony would also have to generate oxygen so perhaps there
still might be a place for an internal combustion engine? Perhaps
power storage would mean using compressed CO2 to drive turbines
when power is needed? Though CO2 would have the issue of
freezing. Nitrogen would too valuable waste.

Nuclear power would seem to be the key to colony power. It won't
be place were heat would be waste when compared to here on earth.
Then again cooling towers as we know them would be out of the
question.

Mars is sterile and if you remain on the surface too long you to will
be
sterile........................................... ..................................Trig
Old December 4th 11, 08:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected] |

On Dec 3, 9:58*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Quadibloc wrote:
On Dec 2, 2:35*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Who cares? *Any life on Mars is microscopic at best. *I put people
ahead of bacteria. *It's not surprising you reverse that and side with
your own.

If there were bacteria on Mars, they are valuable *to* people, because
studying them would give us insight into just what life *is*. There is
no need to thoughtlessly destroy so valuable a resource, since habitat
in space can be created from asteroidal and lunar materials.

Why is it 'valuable'. *Be specific. *Why do you assume it will "give
us insight" that we cannot get from studying the plethora of life
right here?

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn

Be specific about an unknown? This is a cross the bridge when and IF
it comes to pass type of thing.

Fear not Mars is sterile,
IMO.........................................Trig
Old December 4th 11, 02:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
news
"Jonathan" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message
What if life is discovered on mars?

I wonder about this. The new rover curosity happens across some real
PROOF if life on mars, like a fossil

Now should humans EVER go to mars? Since human life and contamination
might wipe out whatever life is already there, what would happen?

Yeah I wonder about all sorts of wierd questions

Finding a second example of life might help figure out how
life first starts. Having only one example we can never
be sure if it was a fluke or not. But seeing what's common
between two might show how life starts everywhere.

Yes, and monkeys might fly out your butt. How, pray tell, do you
think that works?

How what works? If there is any life on Mars, it'll probably be
very entry level, allowing us to compare how life started here
and on Mars.

territory."
--G. Behn

Old December 4th 11, 05:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Dec 4, 9:29*am, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Fred J. McCall" wrote in messagenewsmgkd7hlur3v7ctlvg57gt6dhc6hh2sr2m@4ax .com...

"Jonathan" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message
What if life is discovered on mars?

I wonder about this. The new rover curosity happens across some real
PROOF if life on mars, like a fossil

Now should humans EVER go to mars? Since human life and contamination
might wipe out whatever life is already there, what would happen?

Yeah I wonder about all sorts of wierd questions

Finding a second example of life might help figure out how
life first starts. Having only one example we can never
be sure if it was a fluke or not. But seeing what's common
between two might show how life starts everywhere.

Yes, and monkeys might fly out your butt. *How, pray tell, do you
think that works?

How what works? *If there is any life on Mars, it'll probably be
very entry level, allowing us to compare how life started here
and on Mars.

territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--G. Behn- Hide quoted text -

and that life could be researched to answer questions and perhaps save
lives on the good earth....

humans on mars might wipe out the local life, ending research
opportunities/

sterilized robotic explorers could retrieve mars life samples and
bring them to ISS
Old December 4th 11, 06:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

"Jonathan" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message
[...]

So might robots.

sterilized robotic explorers could retrieve mars life samples and
bring them to ISS

But I thought the claim was that only robots were safe BECAUSE THEY
DON'T COME BACK. *Now you're returning Mars life here to kill us all?
WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn- Hide quoted text -

obviously fred isnt intelligent earth life........

natural selection has likely ended his gene pattern, at least we can
hope so.

so fred hows the food in the insane asylum? i heard national budget
cuts have slashed instutional budgets

'
Old December 4th 11, 08:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

fred Congratulations on showing the vast lack of intellect you have
when it comes
to reasoning these things out
Old December 5th 11, 07:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
george152

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 13:04:19 -0700, Fred J. McCall wrote:

I suggest you find a nice cave, fill it with cotton batting, and
then CRAWL IN AND STAY THERE until I cum to spooge in your
asscrack.

Go getem , Freddie!

*LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL*

Alien Life Discovered HVAC[_2_] Misc 24 December 4th 10 11:23 AM
Have We Discovered Evidence For Life On Titan [email protected] Policy 5 June 10th 10 02:42 AM
FOSSILIZED BLOOD DISCOVERED ON MARS [email protected] Astronomy Misc 1 July 4th 08 03:11 PM
Sensation: NASA discovered simple life forms in the MilkyWay galaxy on a planet called Earth! Baba Astronomy Misc 0 October 18th 06 08:12 AM
Extreme life in yellowstone may help search for life on Mars Ray Vingnutte Misc 0 April 21st 05 06:27 PM