Mining the moon for rocket fuel to get us to Mars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 2nd 17, 11:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Mining the moon for rocket fuel to get us to Mars

In article ,
says...
That and we're decades away from "real" artificial intelligence.
Anything approaching that today has as its input many man-years of
software development done by people like me. Hell, we're years away
from making all software products multi-threaded yet desktop machines

today rarely have less than 4 physical cores (8 with hyper-threading).

AI is a solved problem. You don't get that.

No, AI is not "a solved problem". AI is a research topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

That YouTube video is just more b.s. It doesn't show that AI exists
that would support your repeated assertion that we're near some
"singularity". We're not.

What we have today are computer programs written by people like me. We
have degrees in engineering and computer science and our output isn't
anywhere near AI good enough to replace ourselves. I've been doing this
for close to three decades now and we're nowhere near your starry eyed
vision of AI taking over the world.

Until so called AI can truly surpass the learning capacity of a human
being, we won't be past the so called "singularity". We're a hell of a
long way away from that.

The rest of your posting has been deleted in my follow up as it is
nothing but you calling me a liar (and other assorted insults) without
actual evidence to the contrary. You really suck at arguing your point
if all you can do is hurl insults. You sound like you need to talk to
your counselor and have your meds checked.

Jeff