Moon orbit expansion.

Old November 12th 03, 06:41 PM
Knut Ove Hauge

Default Moon orbit expansion.

Recently there was a posting about the moon orbit expansion of 38 mm a
year. From my theory (see the link below) the solar system is also
expanding, and its linear about 40 meters a year. To calculate the moon
orbit expansion we must use the age of the moon which is 10 billion
years. See the link below. Summary it's calculated from the distance the
moon has traveled during it's lifetime. The twisted spiral distance.
s moon = 1.5 E+23 [m] and s earth = 5.38 E+22 [m]. Age earth = 3.66
billion years. Age moon 1.5E+23/5.38E+22*3.66E+9 = 10 billion years.
If we assume the expansion are linear and use the average distance to
the moon = 3.85E+8 [m] we get 3.85E+8/10E+9 = 38.5 mm a year. This
implies that the moon was in the earth orbit 10 billion years ago, long
before the earth was there. Similar you can calculate the earth
expansion and get 1.74 mm a year. So the resulting moon orbit expansion
is 36.8 mm a year.
--
Gravity Measurement

http://home.no.net/knutove/gravity/indexg.html

Old November 12th 03, 07:22 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Knut Ove Hauge
writes
[...]

Anything on that scale would have been detected years ago. So even
discounting the idiocy about "This implies that the moon was in the
earth orbit 10 billion years ago, long before the earth was there"
you're wrong.
Plonk.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10
Old November 12th 03, 08:12 PM
Greg Neill

"Knut Ove Hauge" wrote in message
[...]

Idiot + Crank = waste of time.

Old November 13th 03, 01:36 AM
John Popelish

Knut Ove Hauge wrote:

[...]

With an understanding of the mechanism of the Moon's recession (tidal
coupling to the Earth's oceans), there is certainly no reason to
assume that the recession has been linear (same distance per year)
since the origin of the Moon. When the Moon was much closer, the
coupling would have been larger, and the tidal recession much larger,
also.

Which brings up a question for you. How do you jump from the tidally
coupled Earth-Moon system to the solar system as a whole. Are you
saying that the Sun is tidally coupled with Pluto to the same degree
that the Moon is tidally coupled to Earth?

--
John Popelish
Old November 13th 03, 02:30 AM
[email protected] \(formerly\)

Dear John Popelish:

"John Popelish" wrote in message
Knut Ove Hauge wrote:

[...]

And periods of glaciation also provided low coupling, so a lower recession
rate. Tidal rhythmites would be something for Knut to look at...

David A. Smith