Digital camera recomendation

Old February 6th 04, 04:06 AM
Szaki

Default Digital camera recomendation

I'm looking for digital camera recomendation for astro photography, so it
has to have bulb setting. One I know of, is the Nikon coolpix, 60 second I
think.
Any others out there?

Julius

Old February 6th 04, 05:08 AM
Al

The Canon 300 digital Rebel is very good and the Canon D10 comes equipped
with more "stuff", but is a bit better...albeit more expensive. At this
time, these cameras are the best available. There is a digital camera
dedicated group on yahoo which you may want to join.

Al

Old February 6th 04, 06:46 AM
Chris L Peterson

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:41:31 +0800, "Ahab" wrote:

Whats the longest exposure time for the Canon 300 digital Rebel ?

Exposures up to about 5 minutes yield images with reasonable noise levels. This
is long enough to achieve quite good DSO results by stacking. Naturally, the
color won't be very good for many DSOs, but there is nothing you can do about
that without using separate color filters- it's just a limitation of color
sensors. Still, the results with the 300D/10D are very impressive for an
uncooled camera.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Old February 6th 04, 06:47 AM
John Ganas

"Ahab" wrote in message
Whats the longest exposure time for the Canon 300 digital Rebel ?

--
Ahab

it has a bulb setting like most other DSLR's therefore the longest exposure
time is only limited by the battery life.
In practice however long exposures will result in "noisy" images, I
recommend that you do a little reading on image stacking if you aren't
familiar with the technique already.

John
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/anzfss