Solar Power Satellite Concept

Old September 6th 10, 07:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Solar Power Satellite Concept

On Sep 5, 7:11*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:
On Sep 5, 6:28*pm, William Mook wrote:
http://www.dailytech.com/Man+Murdere...te/article1307....

Don't be another statistic folks!

BANG! *You're dead! *hahahaha

http://reporting.journalism.ku.edu/s...ncealed_carry%...

Ok, now I'm wondering if we should report Mook to his local police
department...

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

Hahaha - why Freddie? Whom did I threaten? DO YOU FEEL THREATENED?
WHY? lol.

See? You are mad.
Old September 6th 10, 11:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sep 6, 5:50*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:
On Sep 5, 7:07*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:
On Sep 5, 3:27*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

I've never claimed that. *I do at times see very clearly when you are
terribly and profoundly wrong - at those times I feel compelled to let
you know that reality doesn't support your error.

And so you see why I respond to your loonier Mookie Mirages the way I
do.

No, you are merely pointlessly abusive. *Your responses bear no
relation to reality either.

And so it's true. *Foxes can't smell their own...

Seek help from a competent mental health care professional, Mookie.
Maybe it's not too late for you...

You seeing madness where it is not a reflection of your own insanity
Freddie.

The preceding a sentence not Mookie.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

? You make less and less sense in your babble Freddie. Why don't
you take a break and get some real work done? lol.
Old September 6th 10, 11:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Evidence that Mookie actually is dangerously insane below.

William Mook wrote:
On Sep 5, 6:28*pm, William Mook wrote:
http://www.dailytech.com/Man+Murdere...te/article1307...

Don't be another statistic folks!

BANG! *You're dead! *hahahaha

http://reporting.journalism.ku.edu/s...ncealed_carry%....

Ok, now I'm wondering if we should report Mook to his local police
department...

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

Hahaha - why Freddie? *Whom did I threaten? *DO YOU FEEL THREATENED?
WHY? * lol.

See? *You are mad.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

Dangerous how Freddie? I noted you felt threatened. This is likely
due to the immense shame you feel about how you wasted your life and
never fulfilled your potential. That's why you strike out blindly at
people who know and do more than you.

I didn't mean to activate another level of your madness.

So, I removed the pointers to what I thought were interesting sites -
cautionary sites really - that show the benefit of civil discourse.

Relax dude.

You're safe!

lol.
Old September 6th 10, 11:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sep 6, 6:12*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

snip Mookie lunacy

Really. *Seek help. *You keep emitting the same obvious falsehoods and
thinking that somehow people are going to come to believe them.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

There's nothing false in what I've said. You can't seem to get that.
You obviously don't understand planning a thing and carrying it
out.

Freddie, you keep doing the same thing over and over again thinking it
has some real meaning or value. haha...

That's crazy dude..
Old September 7th 10, 03:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David M. Palmer

In article
,
William Mook wrote:

I invent things, and build companies around them. I built the first
computer based cash register. I built the first credit card scanner
in the gas pump. I have built the first ultra-low-cost solar power
system.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21646352/Mook-POS-Patent

I don't see the novelty vs. Apple II cash-register programs available a
decade earlier, but that's why I'm not a patent attorney.
http://books.google.com/books?id=TD4...PT17&dq=apple+
II+cash+register&source=bl&ots=l0lTlNE9uJ&sig=iXzJ A21SBE-huXZt_0L6fu4Iik
I&hl=en&ei=MJiFTMfoG5L0swPz6oD3Bw&sa=X&oi=book_res ult&ct=result&resnum=7
&ved=0CDgQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=apple%20II%20cash%20r egister&f=false

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20047598/M...a-low-cost-CPV

It looks like you are claiming a solar concentrator with a 120 degree
FOV and a ~280x concentration. The problem is that Liouville's
Theorem limits the amount of concentration you can achieve in a
wide-angle acceptance system. Otherwise you could make a system that
got brighter than the surface of the Sun, and violate the second law of
thermo. (Assuming linear optics: e.g. the systems with wave shifters
and edge concentrators are a way around this. Or you could use a solar
cell to drive a laser brighter than the sun's surface.)

Did you make a prototype, and how much concentration did you get
actually get at far-off-axis angles?

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Old September 7th 10, 01:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sep 6, 10:27*pm, "David M. Palmer" wrote:
In article
,

William Mook wrote:
I invent things, and build companies around them. *I built the first
computer based cash register. *I built the first credit card scanner
in the gas pump. *I have built the first ultra-low-cost solar power
system.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21646352/Mook-POS-Patent

I don't see the novelty vs. Apple II cash-register programs available a
decade earlier, but that's why I'm not a patent attorney.http://books.google.com/books?id=TD4...PT17&dq=apple+
II+cash+register&source=bl&ots=l0lTlNE9uJ&sig=iXzJ A21SBE-huXZt_0L6fu4Iik
I&hl=en&ei=MJiFTMfoG5L0swPz6oD3Bw&sa=X&oi=book_res ult&ct=result&resnum=7
&ved=0CDgQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=apple%20II%20cash%20r egister&f=false

Well, there were cash registers, but they were too slow when compared
to special purpose devices. My patent revolves around what is called
vectored interrupt. Press a button, or activate a device, and a
number is produced that tells the processor to jump to that location
in memory and immediately execute the code found there.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20047598/M...ion-Ultra-low-...

It looks like you are claiming a solar concentrator with a 120 degree
FOV and a ~280x concentration. * *The problem is that Liouville's
Theorem limits the amount of concentration you can achieve in a
wide-angle acceptance system. *

Correct it looks like that, but its not. This is also known as the
Entendue limit. To explain it fully requires an explanation of how to
transform a problem into another basis and then extract rules, and
convert the problem back and see what those rules mean in the first
basis. This is how thermodynamic rules were first explained, and
these limitations are very much the basis these sorts of limitations
on how light behaves.

Providing a practical means to circumvent this limitation is the basis
of patent work we're working on right now.

A fisheye lens pointing vertically into the sky will make an image of
the whole sky. A 120 degree fisheye lens will focus the sky onto an
image plane that's about 1/2 the diameter of the lens - or 1/4 the
area. Which doesn't violate Entendue. The image of the sun will fall
somewhere on this plane - and exhibit a very high degree of
cocentration. In fact if the lens swivels to 'track' the sun, it can
be kept at a single location in the plane and a CPV 'target' can be
positioned there. Of course we can attain concentrations up to
40,000x this way - a dot 1/200 the diameter of the image - at the cost
of pointing the lens very accurately at the sun - within 0.27
degrees. The sun is this size in the sky, and we can't get any
smaller than this. Another way to say it is that we cannot make the
CPV brighter than the solar surface. But this is just a standard
tracking system. Another way to 'track' is to move the CPV target
within the image plane while the primary lens stands still. Now
angular accuracy becomes positional accuracy in the image plane. The
same limits of the image plane and the solar image size apply.

Now, instead of moving a CPV target through the image plane, put an
array of lenses in the image plane the size of the dot that makes up
the sun. Arrange each lens to refract the dot of the sun - if present
- to the same location BEHIND the image plane. This is another way of
tracking - but with no moving parts. Since there are no moving parts,
assembly is simplified and costs reduced. Advanced holographic
techniques on plastic - the type you see on DVD packaging and credit
cards - may be used to efficiently produce large lens arrays at low
cost while maintaining accuracy and other features.

Pay attention to 1:40 through 1:44 in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbWNnVsBhOg

It shows in general how the system works.

We have made systems that reliably concentrate light 5,000x - at this
level we can use very expensive multi-junction photocells - that
operate at 50% efficiency and more - to make electricity. We have
also made MEMS based high temperature electrolysis systems that make
use of heat and electricity at the focal point to generate hydrogen
directly from sunlight at 60% efficiency. The hydrogen and oxygen
show up as colloidal suspension of bubbles, that are easily pumped to
standing tanks where the gases come out and the water reused after
makeup water is supplied.

We have a complete system that takes water and makes hydrogen and
oxygen. We sell oxygen when we can and release what we do not sell.
We take hydrogen and pump it to a depleted gas or oil well of the
right geology for long-term storage. UP to 90 days supply.

Hydrogen is retrieved as needed along with mobilized gas and oil from
stationary reserves in the depleted well. The hydrocarbons are
separated from the hydrogen and sold separately. The hydrogen is fed
by pipeline to a thermal power plant equipped with a cryogenic
separator to extract oxygen out of the air. We also sell nitrogen
when we can and release what we do not sell into the air - cooling
incoming air with it. Hydrogen and oxygen is then combined in a
supercritical reactor with water to very efficiently make steam.
There is no emissions of any sort. The steam is used to drive a multi-
stage turbine at about 55% efficiency. The water is cooled and
reused, excess water is sold if possible, or released to the
environment. 5% of the energy produced is used to run the cryogenic
plant.

Otherwise you could make a system that
got brighter than the surface of the Sun, and violate the second law of
thermo. *(Assuming linear optics: e.g. the systems with wave shifters
and edge concentrators are a way around this. *Or you could use a solar
cell to drive a laser brighter than the sun's surface.)

If a single system could concentrate sunlight as you imagine it would
violate several thermodynamic laws. That's not what my system does.
Its best to think of my system as a tracking mechanism with no moving
parts. Its easy to see a fisheye lens can be used as a concentrator
by tracking the sun with it to keep the sun image at a particular spot
in the system. Its also easy to see we can keep the fisheye lens
stationary by moving the CPV 'target' to always be under the solar
image in the image plane. Then its easy to see at each location in
the image plane we can put a separate CPV target and switch it on when
illuminated. Finally its easy to see that we can put a secondary lens
at each location to redirect the solar image to a common CPV target.
This is not one optical system but 200,000 optical systems that happen
to all use the same primary lens. No rules are violated, and no super-
performance is possible.

Did you make a prototype,

Yes.

and how much concentration did you get
actually get at far-off-axis angles?

You don't understand how it works. The concentration of our best
system is 5,000x - which allows us to achieve pennies per peak watt
very high conversion efficiency and $100 per ton for hydrogen gas -
making it cost competitive with coal.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20024019/W...to-Mok-FINAL-1

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)

Old September 7th 10, 01:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sep 6, 6:29*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:
I spoke with project leaders overseas about meetings with buyers
overseas in October and who would do the translations.

In other words, you've built nothing. *You're still looking for
suckers, er, funding...

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
*soul with evil."

Your ability to understand what is written is extremely limited
Freddie. The project leaders overseas are working on projects. These
are all terrestrial systems. Our terrestrial systems involve solar
panels that make hydrogen directly from water and sunlight at 60%
efficiency. This hydrogen is collected and injected into depleted gas
wells and oil wells. Stationary reserves within these depleted wells
re mobilized by the hydrogen, so when the hydrogen is recovered, so is
the formerly stationary reserves. Those are separated from the
hydrogen and sold. The hydrogen is then piped to thermal plants that
cryogenically separate oxygen from the air. The oxygen and hydrogen
are combined with water in a supercritical reactor producing only
steam. The steam is used in a multi-stage turbine to produce
electricity at 55% efficiency. Excess water is removed from the
system and the rest recycled.
Old September 7th 10, 03:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

William Mook wrote:
I spoke with project leaders overseas about meetings with buyers
overseas in October and who would do the translations.

In other words, you've built nothing. *You're still looking for
suckers, er, funding...

Your ability to understand what is written is extremely limited
Freddie. *The project leaders overseas are working on projects. *These
are all terrestrial systems.

Shall I ask you again where anything has actually been built? *Will
you dodge and quiver some more?

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
*soul with evil."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Socrates

You've deleted a direct answer to your question and then ask the
question again. You think people are stupid Freddie? Sheez.
Old September 7th 10, 05:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

William Mook wrote:
I spoke with project leaders overseas about meetings with buyers
overseas in October and who would do the translations.

In other words, you've built nothing. *You're still looking for
suckers, er, funding...

Your ability to understand what is written is extremely limited
Freddie. *The project leaders overseas are working on projects. *These
are all terrestrial systems.

Shall I ask you again where anything has actually been built? *Will
you dodge and quiver some more?

You've deleted a direct answer to your question and then ask the
question again. *You think people are stupid Freddie? *Sheez.

And that 'direct answer' wobbles between "none" and "you have to sign
a non-disclosure before I'll tell you it's 'none'".

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
*soul with evil."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Socrates

Not at all.

With respect to the launcher, I've built a CFD and FEM model as well
as wind tunnel models and developed the final design.

With respect to the ground stations I've built laser receivers which
I've powered with a laboratory laser at energy densities equal to that
of the proposed flight system. This data went into our digital model
which was analyzed in a number of ways.

With respect to the solar power satellite I have built concentrators
and powered CPV targets at the proposed energy densities. In addition
to FEM models I have done thermal analysis heat balance analysis and
optical analysis. I have built MEMS magnetrons that operate in the IR
near the bandgap energy of silicon.

I am currently building terrestrial solar systems at a number of
locations around the world. I am being secretive about those
following the two coal-to-liquid project interruptions as they were
less secret.

My focus on the terrestrial applications are to build near term
revenues. That is, creating value today by re-classifying spent mine
lands as solar collector sites. Creating value today by injecting and
recovering hydrogen from depleted gas and oil wells, recovring both
the hydrogen and mobilizing the stationary reserves of those wells and
selling them. Creating value today by buying up idled coal fired
power plants and restarting them by burning hydrogen in them while
taking advantage of DOE money under the clean coal act. Creating
value today by buying coal reserves and oil retailers and
reclassifying a portion of the coal reserves as oil reserves under new
SEC rules;

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...wykJcQCV7Mlmug

that let companies value coal as oil. My process makes 6.8 barrels of
liquid fuels out of 1 ton of coal and 80 kilos of hydrogen - along
with 160 kilos of asphalt. So here's what we got;

Costs;

80 kilos hydrogen at $0.10 per kilo $8.00
1,000 kilo of coal at $0.024 per kilo $24,00
Capital Equipment Expense $18.00
Operating Costs $ 3.00

TOTAL $53.00

Revenues

6.8 barrels at $80 per barrel $544.00
160 kilos asphalt at $0.20 per kilo $32.00

TOTAL $576.00

Subtracting the value of asphalt from the cost of creating syncrude
and asphalt, we have $21.00 total cost attributed to the production of
the syncrude. Dividing this by 6.8 barrels obtains a cost of $3.09
per barrel. This is less than the production cost of crude oil from
conventional wells in most fields. The value of oil in the ground is
greater than $30 per barrel. So a company that has 500 million tons
of coal in the ground, like Cloud Peak Energy of Gillette Wyoming, is
worth about $1 per ton today. Converting 500 million tons of their
coal reserves into 3,400 million barrels of syncrude on the
spreadsheets of a combined Coal Mine and Oil Retailer, increases the
asset value of the combined companies by $101,500 million on an asset
basis. Leveraging a portion of this this value to raise $11.5 billion
to produce 338,000 b/d allows them to supply a company like Sunoco
with ALL of its oil needs DOMESTICALLY while producing a revenue
stream worth about $200 billion when realized.

This is a project I've spoken publicly about

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33089455/sunoco-2

Now, I've built laboratory scale devices that make coal and CO2 into
hydrocarbons using hydrogen.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37046560/M...Part-2-Draft01

This reproduces the work of Frederich Bergius in 1911 and thereafter;

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/c...rgius-bio.html

This is a direct hydrogenation process that produces zero emissions.

These are much slower programs, more highly regulated, than just
buying coal and turning it to fuel and selling it on forward markets,
turning into futures contracts once we're in production. But, as I've
mentioned before, two attempts to do this on two different markets
failed in unusual ways. So, I'm taking a different route as described
here.

At some point, as the value in the land, wells, power plants and stock
realize their full value and as I expand the range of the R&D program
for the launcher, ground station and satellite, I will sell a complete
complement of 32,000 ground stations as described, and carry out the
program I've described for solar power satellites. After that, I will
orbit 12 satellites per year, and over time buy up relevant assets to
sustain growth and develop later generations that produce power at
1/20th the cost of first generation satellite.

I've described in general how this works. The more advanced satellite
operates closer to the sun. The asset acquisition involves purchasing
Boeing dividing the profitable from the unprofitable assets. Selling
the profitable assets and restructuring the unprofitable assets to
meet my needs.

Old September 7th 10, 05:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sep 7, 10:58*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:
On Sep 7, 8:33*am, William Mook wrote:

Mookie Mewling to Mookie Munched

Bottom line, you've built zero systems and lofted zero satellites.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

I've built plenty of things - even satellites - in the computer.
That's a requirement if you are to succeed at least cost. I'm on
track.