SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Old July 5th 04, 02:23 PM
Marcel Luttgens

Default SR time dilation on remote objects ?

SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Question:

Can time be "SR dilated" on remote galaxies or supernovae, because
of space expansion?

Details are given hereafter, as well as the refusal by the
moderator to post my question in sci.physics.research

Marcel Luttgens

_______

Date : 04/07/04 15:18
To : "Urs Schreiber"

Object : SR Time dilation on supernovae ?

Dear Urs Schreiber,

I am not "saying that contemporary cosmology and GR are fundamentally
wrong", I prove it. Why don't you allow experts to disprove my
demonstration? Science doesn't deserves censorship.

I am confident that you wouldn't mind if I posted your present
refusal on another, not "moderated" newsgroup. Am I too optimistic?
If you don't answer, I'll conclude that you agree.

Marcel Luttgens

Date: 04/07/04 14:33
From : "Urs Schreiber"
To : "Marcel Luttgens"

Objet : SR Time dilation on supernovae ?

I am sorry, but saying that contemporary cosmology and GR are
fundamentally wrong is overly speculative and not appropriate
for s.p.r.

Sincerely,

Urs Schreiber,
moderator, s.p.r.

Old July 5th 04, 04:46 PM
Bjoern Feuerbacher

Marcel Luttgens wrote:
SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Question:

Can time be "SR dilated" on remote galaxies or supernovae, because
of space expansion?

No. Apparent time dilation due to space expansion has nothing to
do with the time dilation of SR.

Details are given hereafter, as well as the refusal by the
moderator to post my question in sci.physics.research

Perhaps because you could read this up yourself if you would
bother to actually open a book on cosmology? I recommend
"The early universe" by Kolb&Turner.

Marcel Luttgens

_______

Date : 04/07/04 15:18
To : "Urs Schreiber"

Object : SR Time dilation on supernovae ?

Dear Urs Schreiber,

I am not "saying that contemporary cosmology and GR are fundamentally
wrong", I prove it.

You prove nothing like that. You even don't know what modern
cosmology says. E.g., you didn't know that the Hubble parameter
is time dependent even during quite ordinary expansion!

Why don't you allow experts to disprove my
demonstration?

Because they have better things to do than to correct your
elementary misconceptions about the Big Bang theory?

Science doesn't deserves censorship.

The newsgroup sci.physics.research is reserved for genuine
research. Banning people who have elementary misconceptions, like
you, has nothing to do with censorship.

[snip]

Bye,
Bjoern

Old July 5th 04, 06:15 PM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear Marcel Luttgens:

"Marcel Luttgens" wrote in message
om...
SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Question:

Can time be "SR dilated" on remote galaxies or supernovae, because
of space expansion?

"Can" it be, based on a single data set? Yes.

"Can" it be, based on this particular sky-full of data? No.

The velocity illusion, to which SR would apply, will only work if all the
matter is moving away from some geometrical center, and only then if the
velocity is proportional to particular' body's distance from that center.
Our motion is away from an area of space that shows no evidence of having
had a center. And we haven't travelled very far in 13 Gy, so we should be
able to resolve it. Even a trillion years wouldn't hide it completely.

The only evidence of the Big Bang is written at the observational the
limits of the Universe, namely the CMBR. Which indicates the Big Bang was
everywhere.

David A. Smith

Old July 6th 04, 01:31 AM
vonroach

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:15:42 -0700, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" N:
dlzc1 D:cox wrote:

The only evidence of the Big Bang is written at the observational the
limits of the Universe, namely the CMBR. Which indicates the Big Bang was
everywhere.

David A. Smith

But `everywhere' was hypothesized to be a `singularity' . Space is
thought to have expanding ever since. The CMBR supports the Big Bang
theory.

Old July 6th 04, 02:32 AM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear vonroach:

dlzc1 D:cox wrote:

The only evidence of the Big Bang is written at the observational the
limits of the Universe, namely the CMBR. Which indicates the Big Bang

was
everywhere.

But `everywhere' was hypothesized to be a `singularity' . Space is
thought to have expanding ever since. The CMBR supports the Big Bang
theory.

You have said nothing *I* disagree with.

The singularity was for the Universe that contains us. Once inside, the
mass/energy made its own space. An equivalent amount of mass/energy in all
directions cannot prevent expansion, through the use of gravitation as a
restraining "force".

The "center", or more correctly 270000 ly from the center, is still visible
all around us.

David A. Smith

Old July 6th 04, 08:22 AM
Bjoern Feuerbacher

dlzc1 D:cox wrote:

The only evidence of the Big Bang is written at the observational the
limits of the Universe, namely the CMBR. Which indicates the Big Bang was
everywhere.

David A. Smith

But `everywhere' was hypothesized to be a `singularity'.

1) "singularity" is not necessarily the same as "point".
2) Probably there never was a singularity - at very high gravitational
fields (i.e. very high densities, close to the Big Bang) Quantum Gravity
effects should become important, and that could avoid a singularity. We
don't know yet.

Space is
thought to have expanding ever since. The CMBR supports the Big Bang
theory.

Nice that we agree on that.

Bye,
Bjoern