interstellar probe project

Old May 17th 21, 04:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default interstellar probe project

What? Dont these people know it's impossible because it's
soooooooooooo far away???

Please have deze dum scintix contac the old fogies on alt.astronomy
for the clear fax an save taxpayer money!

Interstellar Probe mission would go twice as fast and far ...
Kirby Runyon, a planetary geomorphologist at Johns Hopkins University, is
the planetary science working group lead for the Interstellar Probe. It's a
concept that has been in discussion and in development for decades, but
recently the idea has been getting more serious attention and a more fully
developed plan for execution.
-- astronomy.com/news/2021/02/interstellar-probe-mission

Old May 17th 21, 06:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

What? Dont these people know it's impossible because it's
soooooooooooo far away???

Yes and what part of that don't you understand ?

Distance = Speed x Time

Our current max speed is slower than light
by a factor of over 30,000 .

That's over 120 millennia for a one way trip to our closect star
neighbor !

Voyager 1 probe fires long-dormant thrusters in interstellar space Spaceflight Now Space Shuttle 0 December 4th 17 04:21 AM
Why interstellar travel will NEVER really take off Jason Hsu SETI 8 May 4th 09 07:37 PM
My crazy idea for an interstellar probe with near-present technology [email protected] Astronomy Misc 13 January 22nd 06 03:57 PM
interstellar travel aj UK Astronomy 32 January 1st 06 07:53 PM
25%c Interstellar Probe in Our Lifetime IsaacKuo Policy 6 November 17th 05 03:29 AM