ASTRO: M94

Old May 7th 09, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: M94

I wanted to image something really bright with my QHY8 camera, so I chose
M94. Of course not all parts of M94 are bright, but the central part sure
is.
The result was OK, but I decided to use it as colour frame for a b/w image
that I have taken with my old C8.

So here they are, all were taken from my rooftop terrace in the central part
of Berlin:

QHY8 picture, 10" Meade ACF at 1600mm focal length on a G11 mount, 32x5
minutes:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94-32x5gut.jpg

Old picture with C8 at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 45x150 seconds:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m94-45x150gut.jpg

Both combined to a LRGB:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94combinegut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M94combinegut.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	2441
Old May 7th 09, 01:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

That turned out beautiful! Well done Stefan!

--
Adriano
http://www.edmar-co.com/adriano/

34°14'11.7"N
Old May 7th 09, 02:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

ooh, that came out nice...

I tried imaging that once but was in very poor seeing so I was grossly
oversampled

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m94...0_lum_page.htm

Old May 7th 09, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I wanted to image something really bright with my QHY8 camera, so I chose
M94. Of course not all parts of M94 are bright, but the central part sure
is.
The result was OK, but I decided to use it as colour frame for a b/w image
that I have taken with my old C8.

So here they are, all were taken from my rooftop terrace in the central part
of Berlin:

QHY8 picture, 10" Meade ACF at 1600mm focal length on a G11 mount, 32x5
minutes:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94-32x5gut.jpg

Old picture with C8 at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 45x150 seconds:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/m94-45x150gut.jpg

Both combined to a LRGB:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M94combinegut.jpg

Stefan

Very good "hybrid" shot. I know a few imagers that have two scopes on
their mount. They use a one shot camera for color while the other is a
mono camera collecting lum data. It works rather well -- for them. Not
sure I could handle two cameras at once. I screw up enough with one!

The 8" lum had better seeing than my shot. I need to redo it under
better seeing and for more time. The outer ring was very noisy in my
shot as I didn't even realize it was there when planning my image. It
never registered on my film images.

Nothing but clouds last 5 months. This is our cloudy (little moisture)
season. All those galaxies and no skies to shoot them. What
frustration. Even this full moon has been clouded out.

Rick

Old August 8th 09, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

great job Stefan!

http://www.tisd.net/~jng3