NASA and "Oil" Culture burned Cops + Astronauts to death

Old August 2nd 03, 11:41 PM
inventor84

Default NASA and "Oil" Culture burned Cops + Astronauts to death

This orwellian society is sicker than George Orwell could have ever
imagined!
This orwellian society is sicker than George Orwell could have ever
imagined!
http://www.inventor-warp-speed.com/
NASA Oil Culture burned Cops + Astronauts to death.... really --- I invented
a electric windmill car in 1980 and Observers in this Orwellian society know
this.... NASA has know about the electric windmill car since almost 1980 -
Ron Baalke ) and others at NASA kept quiet about
cops and kids burning to death in rear end car wrecks. When they knew about
the electric windmill car and its suppression by the government they work
for. Now they let Astronauts burn to death.

Culture and mentality of our USA Oil Genocide caused NASA top brass to cover
up the suppression of the electric windmill car and sell out for Shuttles
instead of 700 Moon Bases and light year travels...

From: Ron Baalke )
Subject: Space Station Agency Leaders Look To The Future
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: sci.space.shuttle, sci.space.station
Date: 2003-07-30 09:59:05 PST

Allard Beutel
Headquarters, Washington July 30, 2003
(Phone: 202/358-4769)

RELEASE: 03-254

SPACE STATION AGENCY LEADERS LOOK TO THE FUTURE

Space agency leaders from the United States, Europe,
Canada, Japan and Russia met Wednesday in Monterey, Calif.,
to review the status of cooperation on the International
Space Station Program.

The meeting participants noted the significant milestone of
the 1,000th day of permanent human presence aboard the Space
Station during a live telephone conversation with the current
crew, Expedition 7 Commander, Russian cosmonaut Yuri
Malenchenko, and NASA Station Science Officer, Ed Lu.

The Heads of Agency (HOA) were briefed on the preliminary
plans for the return to flight of the U.S. Space Shuttle.
They agreed to review and update the Space Station Program
Action Plan, adopted in December 2002, in order to realize
the objectives of the program as soon as possible. The HOA
agreed the Space Station Program Action Plan should remain
the basis for proceeding with selection of a Station
configuration.

The HOA agreed to meet in Moscow in mid-October to discuss
specific Space Station implementation plans after taking into
account NASA's Return to Flight Activities.

Appreciation was expressed for the strong support for the
Space Station Program by all partner agencies, and in
particular by the Russian Aviation and Space Agency, for
resolutely providing for continuing human presence on the
Station after the tragic loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia
and her courageous crew.

The International Space Station partnership looks forward to
continuing critical Russian support for general Station
operations, logistics, crew transportation and rescue
capability until the Space Shuttle returns to flight. The
partners expressed great enthusiasm for NASA's Return to
Flight, the timely resumption of Space Station assembly, and
opportunities for enhanced use of this world-class research
facility.

Investigator Fears NASA Won't Change
Columbia Investigator Worried NASA Won't Change Culture, Allowing 'Faulty
Reasoning' to Prevail

The Associated Press

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. Aug. 1 -
A Nobel Prize-winning member of the board investigating the space shuttle
Columbia disaster says he fears NASA won't change its culture, possibly
leading to yet another accident.

The "same faulty reasoning" that led to the 1986 Challenger accident also
led to Columbia, said Douglas Osheroff, one of the 13 board members wrapping
up the report on the Columbia accident.

"No matter how good the report looks, if we don't do something to change the
way NASA makes its decisions, I would say that we will have been whistling
in the wind," Osheroff told The Associated Press in a telephone interview
this week.

"At the moment, I'm in a state of depression," he said from his office at
Stanford University.

Several Columbia board members have said the space agency must make dramatic
changes in its culture, but Osheroff is pessimistic.

"Look, I think it's been clear for a long time that what has to change is
not NASA's policies and procedures or management structure. I suppose they
have to change as well, but it's culture," he said. "Culture is a very funny
thing, of course. It is the way people intuitively behave to a situation."

Just last week, NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe vowed to change an agency
atmosphere that has made some workers fearful of speaking up about
potentially life-threatening hazards.

But Osheroff's own experience tells him how hard it will be to get NASA to
change.

"I was at Bell Laboratories at the time of the breakup of the Bell system,
and they had industrial psychologists come in trying to change the culture,"
he said. "I don't think it was at all successful, at least certainly not in
the research area where I was."

In NASA's case, Osheroff and other board members have noted the similarities
between February's Columbia accident, in which seven astronauts died on
their way home, and the Challenger tragedy, which killed seven on their way
to space.

Challenger's loss also led to a hard-hitting report on NASA.

Yet, Osheroff notes, "the same faulty reasoning led to both accidents,
right? I mean, in both cases, it was a failure to recognize the potential
hazards posed by an in-flight anomaly."

With Challenger, faulty O-ring seals in the solid-fuel rocket boosters were
to blame. With Columbia, it was foam insulation that broke off the fuel tank
and gouged a hole in the shuttle's left wing, letting in the searing gases
of re-entry.

In both cases, worried engineers were not heard or were ignored.

Foam repeatedly broke off shuttles during launch, but the problem was never
fixed. With Columbia's final launch on Jan. 16 the biggest foam chunk ever
struck with deadly force.

Boston College sociology professor Diane Vaughan, author of "The Challenger
Launch Decision," sympathizes with the worried Osheroff.

"Challenger, like Columbia, was an institutional failure. That is, it wasn't
just a matter of the decision-making structure. It had to do with the entire
organization and its culture, and the critical parts of that really didn't
get changed," Vaughan said Thursday night.

She suggested NASA's leaders "may not understand how their organization
works and therefore may not know how to fix it, and it's up to the board in
its report to point them in the right direction."

From the start, NASA head O'Keefe has promised to carry out all of the
accident board's recommendations. Already, he has begun setting up an
engineering and safety center in Virginia to take an independent look at a
wide range of problems and trends.

But Osheroff calls it "easy to be receptive six months after a major
accident. The question is whether it's going to last."

The physicist, who won the Nobel in 1996, was named late to the Columbia
board after the chairman decided he wanted some heavyweight scientists.
Osheroff was a student of the late Richard Feynman, another Nobel-winning
physicist who was an outspoken NASA critic when he served on the Challenger
commission.

Columbia's accident board chairman, retired Navy Adm. Harold Gehman Jr.,
declined to respond to Osheroff's remarks, and attempts to reach other board
members were unsuccessful. (Members have been urged to keep a low profile
until the report is out.)

But one panel member who spoke on condition of anonymity called Osheroff's
points "very valid."

"It's a culture that's been built up since the beginning of the shuttle
program, probably," said the board member, who did not want to be identified
for fear of upsetting Gehman. "They're going to have to break some glass to
get it back to where it needs to be."

NASA's chief is bracing for harsh criticism and has been warning employees
it will be "really ugly."

"I'm trying to find the Kevlar suit that I had somewhere," O'Keefe told
Kennedy Space Center workers earlier this summer.

Key members of Congress have asked Gehman to reconvene his panel in a year
to see if NASA is heeding its advice, a suggestion the members embrace given
NASA's tendency to shelve shuttle program reports.

"NASA takes it and says, 'Thanks for your input into manned spaceflight,'
and then nothing happens," Air Force Brig. Gen. Duane Deal, a board member,
observed at a news conference in mid-July.

Osheroff worries that NASA's new task force that will assess when shuttles
can return to space may feel pressure to hurry because of the needs of the
international space station. That's why it's vital to reconvene the board as
often as necessary, he said.

On the Net:

Kobe Bryant, Gen Powell, Rev King of sexual assault...

Ellen Goodman lets cops and kids burn and burn to death in gasoline 22 years
after I invent the electric windmill car. Ellen Goodman also let Blacks rape
white women for the last 22 years... Orwellian statistics and hidden camera
top secrets know this, same as they know about the electric windmill car -
this orwellian society is sicker than George Orwell could have ever
imagined, thanks to Ellen Goodman and the rest of the observers.