Analemma with the Erechtheion ... #4/11

Old January 18th 04, 08:29 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Analemma with the Erechtheion ... #4/11

Dear Friends,

I am delighted to be in a position to present yet another analemma
which represents the motion of the sun between January 7th and December
21st, 2003 and as observed and imaged precisely at 15:00:00 LMT (UT+2)
which also required a third annual effort to complete.

What is interesting is that the angle of this analemma is virtually
identical to the angle for the analemma one hour later. I checked the
ephemeris for these two analemmas (15:00:00 and 16:00:00 UT+2) and the
upper loops vary by about 1.5% in their slope whereas the bottom loops
vary by about 17%. One obvious feature for this new analemma is that the
two halves of the bottom loop exhibit a differential curvature near the
apex which is similar to that produced by computer simulations.

Anyway, a photo is worth a thousand words and, to this end, I
kindly direct you to
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Analemma-130000.htm ....

Next week we will be taking a look at some new mid-morning analemmas.

Best wishes and clear skies to all.

Anthony.

Old January 18th 04, 08:52 PM
Thierry

What about APOD this time ?

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/analemma.htm
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/analemme.htm

Old January 18th 04, 09:37 PM
Mike Simmons

Wow! Another masterpiece, Anthony! You're really reaping the rewards
of years of trial and error and frustrations. The library of analemmas
you're creating is not likely to be surpassed for a very long time, if
ever.

Mike Simmons

Old January 18th 04, 09:44 PM
Thierry

"Mike Simmons" wrote in message
Wow! Another masterpiece, Anthony! You're really reaping the rewards
of years of trial and error and frustrations.

Hi Mike,

and all the more than the first time (early 2003) APOD didn't published
these analemmas....