"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 16th 05, 09:24 PM
Eric Chomko

Pat Flannery ) wrote:

: Eric Chomko wrote:

: We are all Americans, and if attacked they are no different than we are.
: Do you even have a clue what the Second Amendment means?
:
: : What do you think you are?
:
: An American, just like the troops.
:
: Would you go to war if drafted? It sounds like you would not.
:
:

: That would depend on if they could arrive at a mutually agreeable
: payscale while he was spit-polishing the DI's boots with his tongue. :-P

Obsequious and obeisance both come to mind!

Eric

: Pat
Old March 16th 05, 09:27 PM
Eric Chomko

Pat Flannery ) wrote:

: Rand Simberg wrote:

:
: You can't even tell when people (including Pat) are making fun of you.
:
:

: I'm not making fun of Eric, Rand.
: I'm making fun of _you_.
: You're just too clueless to get it, despite that obviously superior
: intelligence of yours.
: "Rand"? "Khan" is more like it. You've got two dimensional thinking down
: to an art.

Two dimensional? I think you're giving him too much credit.

: But it tends to look more like something done on a Etch-A-Sketch than
: you'd find in a museum.
: And I'm on to your communist subversion now, so don't try anything funny.
: A Etch-A-Sketch has a red frame...and I'd say your scribblings are
: framed in red also.

Like the manager in 'Dilbert', why are you knocking Rand's laptop? I'm
sure he's darn proud of that laptop.

Eric

: Pat

Old March 16th 05, 09:27 PM
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:

I would think a man of your perverse talents capable of both.

Yes...well, flattery will get you nowhere.
And now to release those Snakeheads into the James River, from which
they will move into the Missouri, then the Mississippi, and up all the
tributary rivers that feed them.
Why would I do something like that?
Some ask "why?"...I ask "why not?".

Of course, making fun of Eric is like shooting piscine prey in a
barrel. On the other hand, the fact that they're in a barrel doesn't
mean that the fish shouldn't be shot.

It's going create quite a lot of splashed water though, isn't it?
Still, the sight of a badger being played on a deep sea rod and reel is
a little odd also, but not without its exotic charm.
I'd write more, but I've got to slip the Snakeheads into their kevlar
jackets.
Thanks for the tip.

Pat
Old March 16th 05, 09:48 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:02:18 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
: (Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my
: monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

: Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: : On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:04:39 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
: :
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my
: : monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:
:
: : : : But minimum wage is better than no wage.
: : :
: : : : And less than minimum wage is better than no wage as well.
: : :
: : : But wholly illegal and rightfully so.
: :
: : : Illegal, yes, but rightfully so, no.
: :
: : So, you believe that an employer should have the right to pay an employee
: : anything he wants to?
:
: : Of course, contingent on a mutually-agreed employment contract.
:
: So, the govt. stepping in with minimum wage was a lousy idea, right?

: Yes.

You obviously think you'd be on the side of the bourgeoisie rather than
the proletariat, inherently. I think we are sort of getting to the root of
your personality with this. You think you have more class than you do!

: Are
: you aware that we used to have sweat shops like third world countries do
: now?

: Yes.

Perhaps your grandmother owned the one that my grandmother worked in?

: : What next the right of refusal to pay regardless
: : of the quality of work?
:
: : No.
:
: : Why in the world would you ask such a stupid question? Other than, of
: : course, that's about all you're good at?
:
: You're think is just like a communist thinks; that we all will play
: fair and the notion of communism will simply work.

: No, I don't think like that.

Yes, you do!

: Capitalism is based upon greed! Employers will pay nothing or a little as
: possible, that is why the government was forced to step in to enforce a
: minimum wage law.

: The government wasn't forced to do anything. It was a choice.

By those many that were being oppressed by the few. Our founding fathers
knew what they were doing with the notion of votes and fairness.
Politicians enacted minimum wage laws in a manner to get votes from the
poor.

: We didn't used to have it remember?

: Yes.

: : You need a lesson in labor unions and why and how they came into being.
: : Sure they are not what they used to be and have evolved into being
: : ridiculous in some cases but greed is what created them and you seem to
: : support that greed.
:
: : Greed is good. It's a prime motivator.
:
: Right, but taken to extremes the worker is screwed. We have seen in in
: this country before.

: We now have welfare for those who can't earn enough in the free
: market.

Which isn't the same as minimum wage. I'd rather see someone making
minimum wage rather than be on welfare.

: : : So you want to repeal minimum wage laws to account for those who's work is
: : : not worth it?
: :
: : : Yes, so they can work and get paid for it.
: :
: : And if they don't get paid? Who will they appeal to and with what?
:
: : How would I know? What does that have to do with the minimum wage?
:
: Everything! The point is that a third party or arbitrator is neseccary for
: labor.

: That has nothing to do whether or not to have a minimum wage.

Sure it does! Minimum wage keeps a lot of crap out of court.

: I think your ignorance of certain things makes you a conservative by
: default.

: And your ignorance about almost everything makes you an ignoramus by
: default.

You calling me an ignoramus is truly funny.

: Quite typical really.

: Indeed.

nothing snipped, but I figured I'd play Rand's game and put a damn ""
nonsense text line just like he does when he does snip

Eric
Old March 16th 05, 10:01 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:09:53 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
: (Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my
: monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

: : I have stood more times for the presentation of the colors at civilian
: : events in the past five years than in the past 25 years. I notice things
: : like that as I'm an Army brat.
:
: : How much parading did you do? Did your feet get tired? Was it at
: : gunpoint?
:
: : You didn't answer my question. What kind of uniform were you forced
: : to wear?
:
: I was speaking about parading as a spectator sport.

: That's not what Pat was talking about, so your response to him (like
: many of your responses to many people) was a total idiotic
: non-sequitur.

This has nothing to do with Pat. All I was saying that I have notice an
increase in militray presence in our society lately and used the
prsentation of the colors as an example. No, I have not been doing any
parading myself! Here for you:
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/o...ade-11439.html

: : Do you have an us/them attitude with the troops too?
:
: : Of course.
:
: : They are the troops. I am a civilian. People who confuse the two and
: : can't tell which they are, and try to pass themselves off as the
: : other, go to jail or the brig.
:
: We are all Americans, and if attacked they are no different than we are.

: I never said they weren't Americans. But if we are attacked, they are
: different than we are. They have tanks, and guns, and belts of
: ammunition, and airplanes and stuff.

: And uniforms. ;-)

You can get a uniform. Go to eBay. Guns, too, but not on eBay.

: Do you even have a clue what the Second Amendment means?

: Yes.

So, by some weird quirk, Rand, you're part of the militia, boy!

: : What do you think you are?
:
: An American, just like the troops.
:
: Would you go to war if drafted? It sounds like you would not.

: Only to an illogical moron. You're not an illogical moron, are you?

Another classic case of ad hominem from Rand. You avoided an answer and
went after character.

Eric
Old March 16th 05, 10:02 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:54:36 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Ami
: Silberman" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: such a way as to indicate that:

: : So, you believe that an employer should have the right to pay an
: employee
: : anything he wants to?
:
: : Of course, contingent on a mutually-agreed employment contract.
:
: Which is why we need labor unions, since the leverage that someone filling a
: totally fungible low-level postion has is zip compared to the leverage of a
: multi-million dollar company.

: What leverage is needed? If the employee doesn't get paid what was
: stipulated at the time of hire, the employer is in breach of the
: contract, and he can quit, just as he can be fired if he doesn't do
: the job. That's why it's a mutually-agreed employment contract.

The contract is nothing but a piece of paper without a fair justice
system.

Eric
Old March 16th 05, 10:08 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:45:02 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
: Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in

: Rand Simberg wrote:
:
: You can't even tell when people (including Pat) are making fun of you.
:
:
: I'm not making fun of Eric, Rand.
: I'm making fun of _you_.

: I would think a man of your perverse talents capable of both.

No doubt.

: Of course, making fun of Eric is like shooting piscine prey in a
: barrel. On the other hand, the fact that they're in a barrel doesn't
: mean that the fish shouldn't be shot.

You counldn't hit the broad side of a barn much less a fish in a barrel,
literally and figuratively!

Eric
Old March 16th 05, 10:15 PM
Ami Silberman

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
.. .
On 16 Mar 2005 20:37:02 GMT, in a place far, far away, Andrew Gray
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

: Of course, contingent on a mutually-agreed employment contract.

Which is why we need labor unions, since the leverage that someone
filling a
totally fungible low-level postion has is zip compared to the leverage
of a
multi-million dollar company.

What leverage is needed? If the employee doesn't get paid what was
stipulated at the time of hire, the employer is in breach of the
contract, and he can quit, just as he can be fired if he doesn't do
the job. That's why it's a mutually-agreed employment contract.

The leverage to *get* an acceptable contract is what I suspect Ami is
referring to;

Ahhh, then by "leverage," perhaps he meant by establishing a labor
monopoly through worker intimidation. Well, that wouldn't constitute
mutual agreement to me, if it was coerced.

I kind of thought we would get to this. I did mean, though I wasn't clear,
that a labor cartel (or union) might be necessary in order to give the
employee's leverage when bargaining with the employer. A problem with unions
is that they can become monopolies on labor. On the other hand, without some
form of collective bargaining unit, would-be (or current) employees have
very little leverage compared with an employer, especially if said employees
are fungible.

Old March 16th 05, 10:24 PM
Rand Simberg

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
[...]