Musings on Nasa and the Concept of Truth.

Old August 10th 04, 03:51 AM
Jonathan

Default Musings on Nasa and the Concept of Truth.

"Albert" wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:
"Barbara's Cat" wrote in message

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 00:50:15 -0400
Jonathan said:

[ snip ]

I'm certain 99.86% of Nasa [snip]

Seventy percent of this country [snip]

Where in hell do you get all these numbers from?

The first one is from an ivory soap commercial from years ago.

Nope. 99.44% pure.

I think you're right, I wonder what commercial I got the .086% from~
It can't be nine out of ten dentists, oh yes I remember now...

http://www.bobsphoto.com/gs/

Jonathan

The second is certainly open to argument. I heard it on CNN
during a discussion of religion in this election. I didn't look
into it further then, but it appears 50% is a better number.
http://www.spiritrestoration.org/Chu...mographics.htm

But the original point that 'born-again' is a dominant belief system remains true.

Or do you just make them up as you go along.

I don't believe in exact numbers, only approximations.

Jonathan

Cm~

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the
range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally

Old August 10th 04, 04:54 AM
Barbara's Cat

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:51:50 -0400
Jonathan said:

[ snip ]

I think you're right, I wonder what commercial I got the .086% from~
It can't be nine out of ten dentists, oh yes I remember now...

http://www.bobsphoto.com/gs/

Jonathan

..086%?

Heh. It took you approximately 36 hours, 1 minute, and 17 seconds to
locate a web page that contained the text "99.86% Pure" ...

and you couldn't even get it right.

[ snip ]

--
Cm~
Old August 10th 04, 01:52 PM
vonroach

wrote:

I think you're right, I wonder what commercial I got the .086% from~
It can't be nine out of ten dentists, oh yes I remember now...

Fuzzy thinking again: 9 out of 10 that we asked - or - 9 out of 10 of
all?
Old August 10th 04, 01:55 PM
vonroach

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:54:26 -0400, Barbara's Cat
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:51:50 -0400
Jonathan said:

[ snip ]

I think you're right, I wonder what commercial I got the .086% from~
It can't be nine out of ten dentists, oh yes I remember now...

http://www.bobsphoto.com/gs/

Jonathan

.086%?

Heh. It took you approximately 36 hours, 1 minute, and 17 seconds to
locate a web page that contained the text "99.86% Pure" ...

and you couldn't even get it right.

[ snip ]I reiterate for the dunce 0.86% does not rqual .086%

Old August 11th 04, 09:36 AM
Dennis M. Hammes

wrote:

I think you're right, I wonder what commercial I got the .086% from~
It can't be nine out of ten dentists, oh yes I remember now...

Fuzzy thinking again: 9 out of 10 that we asked - or - 9 out of 10 of
all?

Nine out of ten dentists who tried Camels prefer women.
--
~/)_|