SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Old July 8th 04, 04:41 PM
Dirk Van de moortel

Default SR time dilation on remote objects ?

"Marcel Luttgens" wrote in message om...
Bjoern Feuerbacher wrote in message ...
Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
"Marcel Luttgens" wrote in message om...

SR time dilation on remote objects ?

Question:

Can time be "SR dilated" on remote galaxies or supernovae, because
of space expansion?

Details are given hereafter, as well as the refusal by the
moderator to post my question in sci.physics.research

Marcel Luttgens

Troll/Crackpot warning:

http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...RLuttgens.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...es/Forget.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...Relations.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...SRSymbols.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di.../IfOnlyIf.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di.../ArmsGrow.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...ArmsGrow2.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...yGalilean.html
http://users.pandora.be/vdmoortel/di...es/SpeedV.html

Oh my goodness. I see that he is totally beyond the border, and unable
to understand anything. I already suspected this, after he kept
repeating this silly statement that "the two time dilations cancel
each other", and this confirms it now.

Thanks for providing the links! I will try to ignore him in the future.

Bye,
Bjoern

Of course, it's simpler to follow the deranged Dirk

There is nothing from *me* to follow in those links.
Everything in there was written by Marcel Luttgens ;-)

Dirk Vdm

than to disprove
logical arguments. Believing in voodoo is so much easier.

Bye,

Marcel Luttgens

Old July 9th 04, 01:20 AM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear Marcel Luttgens:

"Marcel Luttgens" wrote in message
om...
"N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" N: dlzc1 D:cox wrote in

message news:Zu0Hc.12481$nc.8542@fed1read03...
This is another problem for the BB proponents. In the beginning,

there
was a center, and now, the original center is everywhere. A stable
eternal universe
doesn't suffer from such logical inconsistencies.

To say that the center is everywhere is really not true. What is true

is
that all points in the Universe *now* are exactly the same distance

from
the center. Does this correct at least one inconsistency?

Where is the center?

Where is the center of a balloon, Marcel? I'm not trying to be Zen, it
just comes out that way.

Expansion is not well described by SR, because gravity is involved.

David A. Smith

Old July 9th 04, 11:28 AM
Marcel Luttgens

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" N: dlzc1 D:cox wrote in message news:IxlHc.2683$ys.2114@fed1read03...
Dear Marcel Luttgens:

"Marcel Luttgens" wrote in message
om...
"N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" N: dlzc1 D:cox wrote in

message news:Zu0Hc.12481$nc.8542@fed1read03...
This is another problem for the BB proponents. In the beginning,

there
was a center, and now, the original center is everywhere. A stable
eternal universe
doesn't suffer from such logical inconsistencies.

To say that the center is everywhere is really not true. What is true

is
that all points in the Universe *now* are exactly the same distance

from
the center. Does this correct at least one inconsistency?

Where is the center?

Where is the center of a balloon, Marcel? I'm not trying to be Zen, it
just comes out that way.

Meaning that the center is everywhere!

Old July 9th 04, 11:52 AM
Marcel Luttgens

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:

[...]

Of course, it's simpler to follow the deranged Dirk than to disprove
logical arguments.

I looked at the "arguments" you made in the posts linked to above.
They were not "logical", they only showed that you don't understand SR.
I also looked at some of the other posts in the relevant threads and
saw that you were unable to understand the corrections and explanations
which lots of people provided.

Those people are SRists who blindly stick to their theory. Instead of
"parroting" the unhinged fumbles of the famous Dirk and getting sidetracked,
you should better read and comment my original articles in
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mluttgens/

Believing in voodoo is so much easier.

I don't know, since I don't believe in voodoo.

You are claiming that time on SN is dilated wrt time on Earth, what's the
fundamental difference with Haitians who believe in voodoo, Iow, whose
beliefs are illogical?

Bye,
Bjoern

Bye,

Marcel Luttgens

Old July 9th 04, 12:21 PM
Bjoern Feuerbacher

Dirk Van de moortel wrote:

[...]

No, those people are simply physicists who understand SR and logic.

Instead of
"parroting" the unhinged fumbles of the famous Dirk and getting sidetracked,
you should better read and comment my original articles in
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mluttgens/

What would better characterize your lack of understanding of SR than
the errors you made on usenet, and your obvious inability to understand
any of the corrections of your errors?

Believing in voodoo is so much easier.

I don't know, since I don't believe in voodoo.

You are claiming that time on SN is dilated wrt time on Earth,

No, I am not claiming that. Thanks for yet again showing that
you do not understand the things which are explained to you.

I am claiming that the time on SN *at the time when the light was
emitted* *looks* dilated. Due to the expansion of space which happened
since the emission of the light. Nothing more.

what's the
fundamental difference with Haitians who believe in voodoo, Iow, whose
beliefs are illogical?

We could discuss this when you show a semblance of actually
understanding what I say, instead of attacking straw men. In other
words: never.

Bye,
Bjoern

Old July 9th 04, 03:07 PM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear Marcel Luttgens:

[...]

Meaning an *arbitrary* center can be formed, yes. So correctly, "A
relative center can be assumed/impressed anywhere." The use of "the center
is" a little too specific, because the Universe no longer has The Center
anywhere in its space.

David A. Smith