Space 'firefly' resembles no known object

Old September 16th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Space 'firefly' resembles no known object

An object that brightened intensely and then faded back into obscurity
over a period of about seven months is unlike anything astronomers
have seen before, a new study reports.

The object, called SCP 06F6, was first spotted in the constellation
Bootes in February 2006 in a search for supernovae by the Hubble Space
Telescope.

More at http://space.newscientist.com/articl...wn-object.html
Old September 27th 08, 12:55 PM
yuqingeng2007 yuqingeng2007 is offline
Junior Member

Wink adult joke 41

ExistentialistThe French existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre was sitting in a cafe when a waitress approached him: "Can I get you something to drink, Monsieur Sartre?"Sartre replied, "Yes, I'd like a cup of coffee with sugar, but no cream".Nodding agreement, the waitress walked off to fill the order and Sartre returned to working. A few minutes later, however, the waitress returned and said, "I'm sorry, Monsieur Sartre, we are all out of cream... how about with no milk?" Hydrogen peroxide]Waste water treatmentWater treatment chemicals
Poly aluminium Chloride