ASTRO: Nearly full moon

Old January 22nd 07, 05:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Nearly full moon

Image taken on the evening of January 2, 2007 (about 8 hours before full)
using a Canon DSLR and an Astro-Physics 6-inch F/12 refractor.

Here's a larger version:
http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/full-moon.jpg

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	full-moon-s.jpg
Views:	2681
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	369
Old January 22nd 07, 06:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

Image taken on the evening of January 2, 2007 (about 8 hours before full)
using a Canon DSLR and an Astro-Physics 6-inch F/12 refractor.

Here's a larger version:
http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/full-moon.jpg

George N

Beautiful high contrast image. Moon must have been at about as far
north of ecliptic as it can get. South pole shows strong shadow detail
not often seen at full moon.
Rick

Old January 23rd 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

Beautiful high contrast image. Moon must have been at about as far north
of ecliptic as it can get. South pole shows strong shadow detail not
often seen at full moon.

Thanks Rick! The AP 6 may convert me into a 'refractor guy' for lunar and
solar observing. I've not had the chance to put the Denk binoviewer on it
yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so. It's also been years since I put
the Daystar filter on this scope. Now that it is permanently mounted we
should be able to use it more often for h-alpha solar.

George N