ASTRO: NGC 2175 with a Skywatcher Maksutov-Newton 190/1000

Old February 2nd 11, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 2175 with a Skywatcher Maksutov-Newton 190/1000

I wanted to get a fast scope with a focal length around 1 meter, so I bought
a Skywatcher Maksutov-Newton with 190/1000 last November. There has not been
a single good night since then, but a few nights ago I could at least do
some imaging through haze and thin clouds. Usually I would not bother to set
up the scope in such conditions, but a bright target and narrow band can
give something useful even then.

The MN190/1000 has a flat field (don't know how large, but good enough for
the KAF8300 chip) without reducer and with a Baader Steeltrack focuser has
enough backfocus to accomodate filter wheel and off-axis-guider.

I chose NGC 2175 for this image because it is very bright and fits the FOV
of the MN190/1000 plus Atik383 nicely.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a MN190/1000 scope on a G11 mount, Atik
383L+ camera, Baader filters, 9x15m for Ha and 3x15m for OIII, combined to a
Ha:OIII:OIII.
Image is scaled to 2/3 of original size.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp5/2175coloursmallgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2175coloursmallgut.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	487.0 KB
ID:	3343
Old February 3rd 11, 08:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Looks like excellent stars to the corners. Seems you have a winner there.

Now I know who to blame for may lousy weather! I thought it was my new
eyes. I want to see how much better I can see the night sky now that
the cataracts are gone but the very few clear nights since then have
been at -35C or below. No way I'm going to sit out there for 20 minutes
getting dark adapted. At those temperatures I can barely open my eyes
for 5 seconds without goggles which greatly hurt my vision.

Rick