Global Warming Climate Models Have Made a Successful Prediction

Old August 16th 16, 04:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Global Warming Climate Models Have Made a Successful Prediction

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:05:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 10:50:39 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 07:42:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Nobody who is calling for action in regards to
climate change is asking for rules they would not themselves be
unwilling to observe.

That comment is irrelevant to this discussion, peterson. We are NOT talking about rules, peterson, although warmingistas WILL find a way around any such rules they wish to disobey, so your comment is false as well as irrelevant.

We are talking about people (such as you) with large CO2 footprints who want those who -already- emit less CO2 than they to do to emit even less CO2, while having no intention to make such changes for themselves. Hypocrites.

Once again, your last statement displays your bizarre, twisted
worldview. Bonkers.

You don't seem to understand the concept of hypocrisy, peterson. You say one thing and claim to hold a certain opinion, yet your actions do not appear to match your talk. You have a gas-guzzler and you fly on jets, frequently.

One can fly on jets and drive a gasoline car while seeking legislative
solutions to global warming. That doesn't make a person a hypocrite.
It's a societal problem that needs to be fixed, and it demands society
level solutions.
Old August 16th 16, 05:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

In fact, it DOES make a person a hypocrite. One can seek "legislative solutions" while already having a low CO2 footprint by not flying or driving.

What's YOUR excuse, peterson?

It's a societal problem that needs to be fixed, and it demands society
level solutions.

If people such as you didn't fly and drive so much, maybe there wouldn't BE a "societal problem" to fix.
Old August 16th 16, 06:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:45:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

One can fly on jets and drive a gasoline car while seeking legislative
solutions to global warming. That doesn't make a person a hypocrite.

In fact, it DOES make a person a hypocrite. One can seek "legislative solutions" while already having a low CO2 footprint by not flying or driving.

We operate within the system we live in. There are many things I would
change. Private ownership of land. States' rights. Much of the
Constitution and Bill of Rights. Many of our laws. But these are parts
of our society and I abide by them, and utilize them. That doesn't
make me a hypocrite for advocating for changes.

You'd need to be bonkers to believe that.

It's a societal problem that needs to be fixed, and it demands society
level solutions.

If people such as you didn't fly and drive so much, maybe there wouldn't BE a "societal problem" to fix.

There is a societal problem, and it can only be fixed from a societal
level. It's not a problem that is going to go away with individual
action. And even if the individuals who understand the problem changed
their ways (if even possible), that would still leave the actual
problem, which is the stupid, uneducated, and dogmatic who refuse to
even accept that there's a problem. Those people must be forced to
change by legislative action.
Old August 16th 16, 09:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 1:50:23 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:45:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

One can fly on jets and drive a gasoline car while seeking legislative
solutions to global warming. That doesn't make a person a hypocrite.

In fact, it DOES make a person a hypocrite. One can seek "legislative solutions" while already having a low CO2 footprint by not flying or driving..

We operate within the system we live in. There are many things I would
change. Private ownership of land.

No one is forcing you to own land, peterson.

States' rights. Much of the
Constitution and Bill of Rights.

The Constitution is OK. The Bill of Rights is OK. No one is forcing you to own guns, or to exercise your natural rights to worship and free speech. In fact, it would be refreshing if you would simply shut up.

Many of our laws. But these are parts
of our society and I abide by them, and utilize them. That doesn't
make me a hypocrite for advocating for changes.

Irrelevant to your wasteful behavior, WRT CO2 emissions, peterson.

You'd need to be bonkers to believe that.

Yet another "empty insult."

It's a societal problem that needs to be fixed, and it demands society
level solutions.

If people such as you didn't fly and drive so much, maybe there wouldn't BE a "societal problem" to fix.

There is a societal problem, and it can only be fixed from a societal
level. It's not a problem that is going to go away with individual
action. And even if the individuals who understand the problem changed
their ways (if even possible), that would still leave the actual
problem, which is the stupid, uneducated, and dogmatic who refuse to
even accept that there's a problem.

By your behavior, peterson, we conclude that you do not believe in AGW. Perhaps you had a Gore bumper sticker on your SUV, at some point? Or did you scrape it off?

Those people must be forced to
change by legislative action.

All irrelevant to the discussion and utterly wrong, as usual. There is no reason you could not, today, live a less carbon-intensive lifestyle. Just move to a small basic apartment in some city, junk your SUV and refrain from flying on any more jets or planes, for starters. Walk everywhere you go, eat a simple diet, and do not be a pathological consumer.

Best of all, you do not have to wait for legislation before doing any of that, and you could advocate for lower carbon lifestyles WITHOUT being a hypocrite.

If you wish to lead, lead by example, or else zip it, peterson.